PDA

View Full Version : Building a mag for younger brother

yakitori
12-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Well, this holiday season has been, to say the least, turbulent (for lack of a better word). First my younger brother (17) nearly died and was in ICU for 3 days. He has been getting into a bit of trouble lately and I have been trying to get him to go paintballin w/ me to keep him from doing other things. He has potential, and I want to help him get his life in order and become something great.

anyway, he really likes mags, after shooting my emag. He wants to get himself a mag and I think my family is moving from their house to a place closer to where I live, and I feel this is a good opportunity for me to hang out w/ him more and lead him down the right path.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any old spart mag parts laying around that I can build him up an RT mag w/ a ULT. I am starting from scratch so I will need the following things. Most of this stuff I am going to try and save up for and I dont expect anyone to give me a valve or nothing like that, but anything can help. (ie: Classic Rail/sear/pin, SS Powerfeed mag body, field strip screw, intelliframe, ULT, etc.)

If anyone has some stuff laying around or can offer me a decent deal on mag parts, I would be greatful.

I also have a tippmann 98 custom that Used for a first gun, I have 3 barrels (2 bigshots, 1 CP one piece), a 20oz CO2 tank w/ A/S tube, carrying case, etc. that I am willing to sell or trade for mag parts.

paintpiggie
12-27-2004, 02:07 PM
I have a classic valve that's just laying around the house.
it's classic classic.
I'd give to you for free,
but since I need a tank to replace somebody's that I lost,
you wanna trade for the 20oz tank? :clap:

Little_Ho
12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey there i have an complet Mag pm for more information.

Let me know

Little_Ho

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2004, 04:59 AM
I have tons of mag parts (complete minimag and micromag). PM me and we can work something out :)

yakitori
12-28-2004, 08:40 AM
hello!

I would like to say thank you to those who replied. I am wanting to find an RT valve, or a ss emag valve that can be used w/ the ULT kit. That means that it needs to have the two orings at the bottom of the On/off pin. I will have to save up a little to afford that though. I would like for it to have lvl 10.

Other things include:

gas through forgrip, bicycle is okay if it works w/ the ASA vert adapters
intelliframe , or y grip
ULT kit
field strip screw

I could use some stainless braided hose about 10-12" long

PM me if you would like to help.

Thanks again for all those who have helped.

warbeak2099
12-28-2004, 09:02 AM
What about macroline? I have a kit I'm probably going to get rid of anyways. There are 4 fittings (2 90* and 2 straight). There's some hose too but it's been cut in two (one peice is like 4-5" and the other is about 5" or 6". It was cut to run from the asa to the bottom of the foregrip and from the top of the foregrip to the valve, if you're going to set the gun up that way maybe you could use it. If you would like it pm me your address and I'll ship it out to you. I also have an RTP foregrip bracket and sight rail I need to get rid of. I'd be glad to help out in any way that I can.

Pete

Skoad
12-28-2004, 09:20 AM
:( I'm putting together a classic *custom* mag and ihave to buy all my parts. If i get any money ill post pics of it soon. Not sure if its going to work just yet.

yakitori
12-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Thank you guys! I have sent you PMs. I cant describe how greatful I am and how wonderful the AGD community are. You guys have been great. :)

I am not expecting ppl to give me stuff like a valve or intelliframe free. Im just trying to find a good deal on stuff. Besides Im short on money right now, so I will need a week or so to save up some more. And, ya, he may be getting a mag w/o paying for it, but I am giving him the gun, I am building it, I am paying for most stuff, and using some of my spart mag parts as well. To me, it is a small price to pay to see my brother get into paintball instead of trouble.

Once again, thanks to all who have been helpful! :)

Thanks

mag88888
12-28-2004, 09:35 PM
sorry man, i dont have any spare mag parts but i as thinking ao is cool. theyre setting yu up prety well. hope everything works out well an ope your brother enjoys te mag.

yakitori
12-31-2004, 09:05 PM
just an update on the mag project. I would like to thank everyone again for help. The mag parts have been purchased to build it, and it is near completion as soon as the parts arrive.

I will leave feedback for anyone who has helped. I just wanted to say thanks, and I think he will be more than pleased w/ this bad arse mag once its done.

Thanks again everyone :D happy new year.

Little_Ho
01-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey there,
hope you will post a pic here off this mag.... :clap:

Little_Ho

yakitori
01-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I sure will. I am waiting on more parts to come in this week.

BTW, I still need a gas thru. I prefer the bike foregrip one.

Thats all I need to complete it. Just a foregrip. :D

B.A.M.
01-03-2005, 04:52 PM
I think they sell those on actionvillage

SpecialBlend2786
01-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I sure will. I am waiting on more parts to come in this week.

BTW, I still need a gas thru. I prefer the bike foregrip one.

Thats all I need to complete it. Just a foregrip. :D

ah crap i forgot to send you prices.

I have the bike forgrip, It's yours if you want it. I'll PM you.

yakitori
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
SPecialblend, I sent ya a PM.

I saw the foregrips on pbgear.com, but they are over 20 bucks after shipping. I would buy one from AGD for that price. I am more or less looking for parts that someone isnt using and is just taking up space. Since I am building this for my brother, every few bucks counts.

Thanks to those who have helped me out.
:)

yakitori
01-14-2005, 12:10 PM
All I need now is just a 90 deg macro fitting, and a field strip screw.

Anyone have these? please help me finish it.

Will post pics soon. Waiting on foregrip and other stuff above.

Thanks again to those who PMd me and helped out. :)

frop
01-14-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't have either to spare, but by now, you're probably better off going to tuna or rogue for those :)

SSniper
01-15-2005, 04:49 PM
ah, i wish my brother mad an effort to keep me away from things like drugs... nope.. i have to try to do that by myself since he just left for alaska for a job... and i have not had the success of fully kicking this garbage out of my life... but its always good to know that i have my 68 classic at home to tinker with and keep my busy... but it sucks that paintball is more expensive than drugs... GRRR! anyways man.. im proud of you for reaching out to your brother like that... i would offer you parts... but i have none lying around! :( maybe if i get the money to buy an x-valve i can give you my classiv valve...

yakitori
01-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Finally got it put together. I still need a field strip screw though. I guess I will have to bite the bullet on that one and buy it from Rogue, if nobody has one to offer.

Here are pics. I think he is going to fall in love w/ it. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.

Little Ho
specialBlend
C_lawgik
Snertz

and of course me for fine tuning everything, and building it. The mag flat out rips and is very comfy to shoot and hold. Hope the pics work.

Thanks again! :cheers:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0239.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0238.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
:wow: that looks great! I'm glad i could be a part of it :D

EDIT: I have the same carpet as you :tard:

JoshK
01-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Me too!!!

I know your bro will love it.

B.A.M.
01-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I love that gun and im sure your bro will to.

mark_1791
01-18-2005, 11:59 PM
its a tight gun, exept that the powerfeed bothers me...

not that its bad, it just is bothersome!

Then again, it was prolly the best way to go because ULE bodys cost like 150

yakitori
01-19-2005, 09:00 AM
thanks for the compliments guys. I like ULE bodies better too, but it isnt in my budget to build a gun and give it away to someone. Besides he will be using a revy on it prolly, so a powerfeed is not such a bad thing although not very attractive.

I just ended up buying a field strip screw from themagsmith.com, so its all done now.

thanks again guys.

:bounce: