PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION CANADIANS! Testing Canadian Orders on AGD Store

AGD-OfficeGal
12-27-2004, 04:09 PM
I have just activated Canadian ordering on the AGD online store. :clap:

The ONLY shipping options available are the UPS Canada options. Those are calculated automatically by the software. Postal rates are too complex for me to set up manually (auto-calculation is not available). Don't choose US postal rates! They are insufficient and you will not get them - we will ring up additional charges and ship via UPS Canadian Standard. :nono:

If we have too many people choosing the wrong shipping, I'll have to shut Canada off again, so I hope everyone reads the instructions - I'm trying to make you Canucks happy! :dance:

Marcia

Magaman
12-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm trying to make you Canucks happy! :dance:

Marcia

:p Good work... ;)

Muzikman
12-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Marcia, Canadians will not be happy until they are part of the US and Qubec is their own country;)

Good job...

AGD-OfficeGal
12-27-2004, 05:34 PM
No way! Illinois wants to be part of Canada! ;)

Edit: That's a wink, guys, dontcha know a wink when you see one? :cuss:

BD_Paintball
12-27-2004, 06:30 PM

no WAY i dont want to be part of canada!!!!! me <3's the US. i live so far north im almost part of WI which is bad enough. but canada, i dont think i would be able to handle it.

tony3
12-27-2004, 09:03 PM

Speak for yourself

Bear_Claw
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Now you tell us after i ordered my stuff from a canadian site lol. Maybe next time i get my stuff here.

RKL
12-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I have just activated Canadian ordering on the AGD online store. :clap:

The ONLY shipping options available are the UPS Canada options. Those are calculated automatically by the software.

Marcia

Does it also automatically calculate the normally outrageous Customs Brokerage charges that UPS tacks on? Last time, I saw one it was about $25 Cdn vice Canada Post's (ie cross mailed from the US Postal Service) $5 Cdn

Cheers, eh!

Bob
Ottawa, Not the Illinois one

Eric Cartman
12-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Does it also automatically calculate the normally outrageous Customs Brokerage charges that UPS tacks on? Last time, I saw one is was about $25 Cdn vice Canada Post's (ie cross mailed from the US Postal Service) $5 Cdn

Cheers, eh!

Bob
Ottawa, Not the Illinois one

Like Bob says, UPS is not a good way to have anything shipped to Canada. I know you're trying to make things better Marcia, but UPS's :cuss: brokerage fees are ridiculous.

Marcia, Canadians will not be happy until they are part of the US and Qubec is their own country

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Um yeah... :rofl:

AGD-OfficeGal
12-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Sorry but this is the only way the store can do it. It utilizes the UPS online calculating tools.

Rates for mailing to US addresses are fairly straightforward so I was able to set up average rates by weight for standard and priority mail, even to APO and FPO addresses. However, with Canadian orders the postal rates are far more complex and in addition, our experience with sending orders by mail to Canada has not been all that great. We have not once been able to recover any insurance for lost packages, either, because they make it so difficult.

The store isn't sophisticated enough to limit mail orders to low value items only. If it could, we might be able to do that. But given what the software can do, this is as good as it gets. You could reserve the store for orders $19 or less which don't require duty, or orders you don't want to trust to the vagaries of the mail anyway.

Marcia

smilestyler
12-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Is phoning in still an option for Canadians?

Yogster
12-29-2004, 11:55 AM
I've had UPS ship many times and unless it's stamped warranty your looking at least a charge of 21.95 for ground shipping under 1lb.So it can become very expensive for some larger items.Now I would rather deal with the the US Postal Service and wait the extra time.

Just my 2 cents

foodboy
12-29-2004, 01:58 PM
I agree with Yogster.
I really got screwed last time I made a small order from AGD.
Almost doubled the cost.
If we still phone in the order can we have USPS as an option?

Koop
12-29-2004, 02:52 PM
I just ordered some stuff from AGD today. The total was $61.40 shipped. I'll post in here again when I get my stuff and how much it cost me total.

Ratzo
12-30-2004, 12:37 AM
I've had a few friends that have had to pay out large because of UPS.
Man I wish there was an easy way to deal online.

AGD-OfficeGal
12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Yes, phoning in is still an option for Canadian customers. Postal shipping is still subject to all the disclaimers of the past - especially if it gets lost in the mail and we can't recover the loss from insurance, you would have to buy the item(s) all over again. This is because our experience with shipping by post to Canada has been so poor.

Marcia

lautt
12-31-2004, 01:17 AM
ok so i tried to order a Flatline parts kit 7$.....UPS Canada Standard $10.45 :wow:

that means 17.45$!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

come on......

athomas
01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
ok so i tried to order a Flatline parts kit 7$.....UPS Canada Standard $10.45 :wow:

that means 17.45$!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

come on......

Don't forget about $15.00 for brokerage.

UPS is very bad for Canadian shipping.

AGD-OfficeGal
01-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Gosh! See if I try to be helpful again anytime soon! So would you guys like me to take Canada back OFF the store? This is as good as it gets. Obviously it's not sensible to use the store for a $7.00 order, so go ahead and call for postal delivery on an order of that nature.

Then again, we've had people order one 50 cent part ... now that just blows my mind, it must be a guy thing.

athomas
01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
The store is good and convenient for quick ordering of items. Its good to keep it. Most of us will probably be placing our orders by phone, though because of the savings to be had using USPS and the reduced hassles when picking the items up at the depot.

Koop
01-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Brokerage Fees for a $71 Canadian order : $40

That's just plain horrible.

shadowspar
03-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks Marcia! It's routine for Canucks to get ignored on US e-commerce sites, so it's nice when that's not the case. =)

Fellow Canadians: if you want to see how much UPS is going to charge for customs brokerage, have a look here:
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/resources/select/receiving/customs/

Yeow. A reputable dealer or outlet in Canada that handled AGD products would be really nice.

Maggot6
03-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Canadians will not be happy until Qubec is their own country-- That part of the statement made me laugh out loud....