PDA

View Full Version : Panther VTS and Puma info/help please

trevorjk
12-27-2004, 07:38 PM
alright i recently picked up a panther vts from indian creek engineering and i also got a Puma. they both look great and feal great and cosmetically are in great shaped... except the puma, wich only needs new set screws for the trigger frame.

now that aside im experiencing to problems

first the panther **3p110127**

alright it shoots and cocks very nice... well i can only get it up to about 250 ish i mean its not bad, well anytime i try to back the velocity out any more it does a full auto thing like the sear is not catching. and i have tried adjusting the spring with the back allen nut
so any ideas?

now onto the Puma **3p10071**

alright, like the panther everything seams to be in great shape oiled everything and what not... but the problem is every other shot it leaks down the barrel. i have tried replacing the O-ring on the (damn forgot the name) metal peice where the sear catches, as i beleive thats the only thing cuasing it to leak like that? as for this one the velocity seams to be shooting mid 200's and higher... AND the PUMA will NOT recock???

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks
trevor

***only classicmagger gets any of these guns IF i sell, unless you offer me a small fortune :D

jamescell
12-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Are they gas blow backs? If so get some new main springs. That may solve some chrono problems.

jamescell
12-27-2004, 07:51 PM
here is a trouble shooting page for the puma
http://www.icdpaintball.com/_newsite_/support_puma_troubleshooting.asp#Recocking%20Relat ed%20Problems
perhaps you turned the re-cock knob out too far?

trevorjk
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
drrrr :tard:

haha im so use to having AO know everything that i forgot to check ICD's page :-D

ill work on the puma a bit and report back

trevorjk
12-27-2004, 08:05 PM
ok got the puma recocking... turns out i had the velocity way to high to begin with... now i just have a slight leak down the barrel witch im thinking is just replacing the orings...

soo woo

i guess this is just a bragging that i have to old guns that classicmagger wants :dance:

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2004, 01:50 AM
i guess this is just a bragging that i have to old guns that classicmagger wants :dance:

heh :)

peewee
12-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I had an ally cat & loved it, made the mistake of selling it off. One of the best blow backs that I ever owned. Have a buddy that playes with a puma, flat refuses to give it up.

k0m0d067
06-04-2005, 03:19 AM
yeah! those were mine for all of 3 or 4 days!!

refugee
06-04-2005, 07:09 AM
I have had a Thundercat as a loner/woodsball gun for about 6 years so Im pretty well versed in there problems. For the Panther try turning the vellocity all the way down and the spring tention all the way up. Slowly back out the vellocity a quarter turn at a time and hopefuly you will get the gun over 260fps. If that dosent work try a new main spring like jamescell suggested. A spyder main spring is about the same size but Iv never tryed running the gun with one so who knows if it will do it, however it might work.
Good luck.

ClassicMagger
06-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey bro:

Just catch me on AIM one day and I'll help walk you through the process. Or PM me with your number and I'll call you up and help you fix it, step by step.

-ClassicMagger