PDA

View Full Version : Nitro

Anarkist
11-09-2001, 10:15 AM
I just bought a new automag about two weeks ago, it has a TKO Expansion chamber & bottom line. I was wondering if you can run nitro/compressed air on it without any more upgrades.

Dayspring
11-09-2001, 10:34 AM
The beautiful thing about Compressed Air/Nitro is that you don't need an expansion chamber. It's stored as exactly that, Compressed Air- a gas. CO2, on the other hand needs thermal energy to change states from liquid(how it's stored) to a gas (how it's used). That's why people run CO2 either on remote or on a vertical ASA. It puts the liquid at the bottom of the tank and the gas at the top. Bottom line tanks usually are equipped with an anti-syphon line- It is a tube from the inside of the pin/on-off valve, bent upwards into the gaseous CO2, while the liquid is at the bottom.(Keep in mind, top and bottom are relative to tank position) So, in answer to your question- yes the nitro will run perfectly on the gun. In all honesty, you may use the expansion chamber as a foregrip (I haven't seen the Ex chamber so I can't comment) or ditch it altogether. Your choice :)

PowerFedMag
11-09-2001, 10:41 AM
all you need is a N2 tank and hoses linking it to your Valve. A screw in tank would work on your bottomline.
I recommend getting a dropforward tho, cuz n2tanks on just a bottomline suck! uncomfy

Anarkist
11-09-2001, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys, i really needed that information.

Dayspring
11-09-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by PowerFedMag
I recommend getting a dropforward tho, cuz n2tanks on just a bottomline suck! uncomfy

Tell me about it. I had my RT Pro with a 68Steel Stub from Crossfire on a bottomline w/o dropforward... Can you say OFF BALANCE?! I have since rectified it however. ;)