PDA

View Full Version : increased rof in a classic

drewd420
12-28-2004, 09:42 PM
can someone suggest a inline reg the same or better quality than one in my classic valve so i can take out mine and leave it empty and move the reg infront of the trigger like on a shocker? so it would have a bigger air chamber and point out any flaws in my plan thanks

trains are bad
12-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I used to do that with a palmer's stabilizer. It worked fine.

Muzikman
12-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Doing it does nothing. It does not help the performance of the gun at all.

But if you want to. The Stab is the best reg.

pump
12-28-2004, 10:31 PM
weird you think it would actually help with the extra volume of air behind the valve

goes to show the AIR valve was pretty good
and how the design of the gun not the reg is what holds it back

Muzikman
12-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Problem is you are not getting more volume. The air chamber is no larger when you do this. All you are doing is moving the reg.

pump
12-28-2004, 11:22 PM
talking more about the volume of air behind the on off

not infront of it

cause if the classics have shoot down then if there more air availible to the gun then the faster its ROF

well thats my thought anyway

Joni
12-30-2004, 04:11 AM
That's not where the problem is. What stops the airflow is the on/off pin if I recall correctly, and putting a larger airchamber behind it will not help. The original reg is plenty fast for the classic, and moving/changing it shouldn't help rof.

pump
12-30-2004, 04:12 AM
ah so how does the RT and newer valves solve this

love how this actually a tech forum

Joni
12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
The RT actually dumps the input pressure (~850 psi) straight into the on/off, which leads to greatly increased flow

"the FitZ"
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
So does that mean that the rt/x valve is not regulated?

jamescell
01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
That's not where the problem is. What stops the airflow is the on/off pin if I recall correctly, and putting a larger airchamber behind it will not help. The original reg is plenty fast for the classic, and moving/changing it shouldn't help rof.
if this was true a classic with a ule on/off would have the same recharge rate as a rt wuth the same on/off. We know it doesn't work thata way. no body would upgrade, they would just get the ule on/off

athomas
01-10-2005, 11:31 AM
So does that mean that the rt/x valve is not regulated?

It is regulated. It uses feedback pressure from the chamber the shut off the "unregulated" input pressure. The result is the final pressure in the chamber is at the set pressure.