PDA

View Full Version : safety with 850 psi...

levi__v
12-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Hello, I just recently purchased a Minimag and a 88 CI 3000 PSI PMI Pure Energy Fiber Wrapped Tank with 850 psi output. I also bought macroline from this guy http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZedthewardQQsorecordsperpageZ 50QQsosortpropertyZ1 who states that his is the "Highest rated." After reading a few posts on here and seeing people talk about the macroline being unstable at higher pressures I got concerned. My question is, is it safe for me to run my new tank with this macroline @850 psi or should i consider switching and buying all SS?

Carbon Blue
12-28-2004, 10:06 PM
I used to run my macroline setup at 800psi all day long without any problems but that was with a preset ACI bulldog2 800psi output tank. Now i have an adjustable tank where im running pressures north of 850 psi (i currently run 900psi). I made the switch to steel braided just because i dont want my macroline bursting and whipping my arms.

rb211
12-30-2004, 11:34 AM
I have the same tank and I use macroline on my mag. I haven't had any problems with it yet.

baller489
12-30-2004, 11:18 PM
there was a guy at the field i go to, he had a minimag with macro and the macro busted on him it broke his hand and broke his goggles

White_Noise
12-31-2004, 03:19 AM
im currently using macro on both my mags, running dynaflows at about 900-1100 psi. as long as the macro doesnt get sun damage, it should be fine. i do plan on swapping it out for some parker macro for the outdoor season this spring however.

Tunaman
12-31-2004, 06:23 AM
im currently using macro on both my mags, running dynaflows at about 900-1100 psi. as long as the macro doesnt get sun damage, it should be fine. i do plan on swapping it out for some parker macro for the outdoor season this spring however.
Just try to keep in mind that the Parker Macro in BLACK ONLY is the only color that is UV stable. ;)

Thordic
12-31-2004, 10:59 AM
there was a guy at the field i go to, he had a minimag with macro and the macro busted on him it broke his hand and broke his goggles

That sounds like BS to me. Macroline isn't heavy enough to break bones or goggles, it simply doesn't have the weight behind it.

I've been hit by a loose piece of macroline whipping around, and I've also had macroline explode in my hand with 1200 PSI behind it. Neither did more than make me jump a little and give me a little bruise.

Beemer
12-31-2004, 11:41 AM
I've been hit by a loose piece of macroline whipping around, and I've also had macroline explode in my hand with 1200 PSI behind it. Neither did more than make me jump a little and give me a little bruise.

That must make it safe eh. Ok Im getting me some now for sure :rolleyes:

REDRT
01-01-2005, 01:41 PM

What did he do, break the whole fitting off?!! I never had luck with macroline. It seems to always blow out on me. At worst safety wise if it blows it's like a ballon popping even at 1000psi . Startles ya more than anything else, but always when you least expect it and at the worst time. Like a burst disk on a tank. I guess they are making thicker tubing now The od is the same, but the id is smaller thus a thicker tubing wall. A couple of the guys are using it with good results so far. I run SS braided and is flawless on the field.

Flow_Tech
01-01-2005, 02:09 PM
when i had my RT,i had a dynaflow,and i was running macro line,around 950-1k PSI with no problems.

toymyster
01-01-2005, 07:13 PM
I have been using macroline for about 4 years now!! Anywhere from 600-950psi!!! I have had no problems whatsoever!!!! In the old days of CO2, macrolines used to burst for no reason!!!