PDA

View Full Version : Favorite barrells

NewMagMan21
12-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Well guys Im sure its been asked time and time again but I haven't looked into barrells in... Oh who knows when. So currently what is your favorite brand/ type of barrells....?
(Man I hope noone gets mad) Oops Did I just type that out loud??? ;)

professor_chaos
12-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Been sportin the powerlyte specter for a while now, no complaints. Recommend the 5 piece kit.

SAW
12-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Budget Pick - LAPCO
Personal Favorite - DYE Boomstick

DyeHero
12-29-2004, 12:05 AM
DYE Boomstick is still my fav.

Ghetto
12-29-2004, 01:10 AM
I know alot of people hate SP but I've always had good luck with their AA barrels. I have one on my shocker classic mag and spyder. I also shoot a freak on my angel. I use a OTP w/inserts on my ULE. I also like the JJ ceramics.

SOAD8789
12-29-2004, 01:18 AM
evil or dye. cant go wrong.

-=Squid=-
12-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Stiffi. Think otherwise? You haven't tried one then.

- Goro

LittlePaintballBoy
12-29-2004, 02:04 AM

- Goro

He speaks the truth.

evan123
12-29-2004, 03:09 AM
CP 2 piece because its cheap, shoots good, looks good. There is noooooo need at all to go and blow all of your money on a barrel when i personally don't notice a huge diff between a cp to a stiffi. And i have tried almost every barrel out there and it really doesn't matter to me

White_Noise
12-29-2004, 03:14 AM
macdev matchstik kit : (like a boomstick, but insanely cheaper) light, 3 most important bores, 2 tips(old set), now it has 3 different tips and 4 bores.

j and j ceramic: awesome barrel, light

gc82000
12-29-2004, 03:43 AM
All time favorite: Budweiser keg (can never go wrong there :p )
oh a paintball barrel: SM-1 kit

lather
12-29-2004, 03:53 AM
Kit: Matchstik no doubt about it..excellent price and design. Ive been through a few barrel kits and Im most happy with the Matchstik by far.

Although a barrel kit is more of a necessity in a closed bolt gun.

One Piece: Lapco and/or J&J ceramic. No over-priced hype with either of them--simply well made, good performing barrels.

brtncstm160
12-29-2004, 04:01 AM
CP 2-piece is awesome, super cheap and shoots like a champ.

JJ

azza
12-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Ti Longbow works for me :)

Severe
12-29-2004, 08:23 AM
J&J ceramics. Light, inexpensive and they have always shot well for me.

B.A.M.
12-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Boomstick though its expensive

rkjunior303
12-29-2004, 08:33 AM
My Evil Pipe shoots great.. I also have a Dye Ultralite on my Viking (hey, It's gotta match lol)

danoxide
12-29-2004, 11:48 AM
ever since i got my stiffi i haven't stoped touching it :eek:

:cheers:

shorty24
12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
gotta go with the evil pipe kit, here - light, and no prob shooting thru after a break. although for the price, the J & J Ceramic is great, too.

Pate
12-29-2004, 12:42 PM
ever since i got my stiffi i haven't stoped touching it :eek:

lol

I like my Bigshot.

P8NTBALLER590
12-29-2004, 01:00 PM
i use empire kit. its nice looks like a dye ultralight and shoots like it too. ultralight is 85 this kit is 130..

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-29-2004, 02:52 PM

- Goro

What he said^^^

kse
12-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Ti longbow barrel set vary nice and light
and a evil pipe
:dance:

LudavicoSoldier
12-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Custom WWA Freakaboomer set with SS inserts. Have backs for both the angel and the cocker, as well as a 13" and a 10" tip. Looks like an ultralight, but much more versitile.

peewee
12-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Budget buy J&J ceramic best bang for buck. I freakin love these things. Have one for my phantom have been using it more than my nickle plated CCI barrel.

Barrel kit ( this could get me burnt) Freak kit has not let me down thus far.
Personal experience with the WGP Kaner is also decent.

In regards to SP AA barrels I bought an AA two piece about 16 months ago & was very very upset with the quality.It had a groove the full length of the back shot like poo!!! Came with a warranty card . I noticed that the barrels that dont have flaws dont seen to have one.

B.A.M.
12-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Barrel kit ( this could get me burnt) Freak kit has not let me down thus far.
Personal experience with the WGP Kaner is also decent.

My brother just got a freak kit and i must admit its pretty nice and has 8 diff bore sizes.

frontrunner
12-29-2004, 04:38 PM
i hqve a cp kit i like but like its been said the best single barrel out there has to a dye boomstick i have a carbon fiber i like but its not the same as my boomie

Koz
12-29-2004, 05:10 PM
For a single barrel the one piece CP's are kick butt for the price....
For a kit....I have an Evil Pipe Kit or would have gotten the MacDev Matchstik

Koz

Flow_Tech
12-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Been sportin the powerlyte specter for a while now, no complaints. Recommend the 5 piece kit.
i agree.

brianlojeck
12-29-2004, 05:16 PM
I like my Empire kit, got 6 backs and 3 (or 4?) fronts, most of that off of Ebay...

I haven't done a lot of side-by-side comparison, but the fit and finish is good, the accuracy is good, and it doesn't suck rocks too badly when it's splooged.

On a related note, I finally got a chance to play airball with an 18" barrel (I normally dont' go longer then 10 or so)... it was like a whole nother game...

davidnj
12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I like my stainless back\AA front freak kit. Though Im looking at new kits and I think the stiffi is what I will end up buying for one of my other markers.

REDRT
12-29-2004, 05:41 PM
"Poison Arrow" the best money can buy. Don't believe me call John Geopfert owner of Poison Products at 608-756-8130. It blows everything else away!!

Here is some stats:

Shoots 400% straighter than dye
Shoots 600% straighter than freak
I'm told owner of the stiffi line of barrels uses one to test and compare accuracy. Stiffi is super light, but at this time can't out shoot it.

I'll even let my fellow AOer's use mine if we can hook up. I plan on being at
"Dedicated" in Madison WI for AO-Wi on 1-22-05. I hope it still is a go. Look for Team Yuck, Pointblank, Shortbus this year around Wi. Are home field is "The Edge" between Beloit and Janesville, Wi. We all have them. We are all happy to help you out.

boggerman
12-29-2004, 05:46 PM
If you have a Lapco Bigshot and an Autospirit, you have it made. Great barrels for ANY money and you have large and small paint covered. Of all the stuff I have, I use one of these (depending on paint match) the most.

davidnj
12-29-2004, 05:48 PM
"Poison Arrow" the best money can buy. Don't believe me call John Geopfert owner of Poison Products at 608-756-8130. It blows everything else away!!

Here is some stats:

Shoots 400% straighter than dye
Shoots 600% straighter than freak
I'm told owner of the stiffi line of barrels uses one to test and compare accuracy. Stiffi is super light, but at this time can't out shoot it.

I'll even let my fellow AOer's use mine if we can hook up. I plan on being at
"Dedicated" in Madison WI for AO-Wi on 1-22-05. I hope it still is a go. Look for Team Yuck, Pointblank, Shortbus this year around Wi. Are home field is "The Edge" between Beloit and Janesville, Wi. We all have them. We are all happy to help you out.

How did you\they come up with these 400% and 600% numbers? Is what you are saying that its grouping in a controlled test is 400\600% better than dye barrels and the freak system? Since a line only needs 2 points, I challange any barrel to shoot straighter than any other :p

Or did I just miss a big sarcasm thing about hype here?

REDRT
12-29-2004, 06:46 PM
How did you\they come up with these 400% and 600% numbers? Is what you are saying that its grouping in a controlled test is 400\600% better than dye barrels and the freak system? Since a line only needs 2 points, I challange any barrel to shoot straighter than any other :p

Or did I just miss a big sarcasm thing about hype here?

I'm not a scientist nor an engineer. Those fingers are ceculated in controlled testing. I can't explain how they got the numbers to you, but thats the the numbers they got. I can however tell you my team and I have now tried the Evil pipe, freak, stiffi, dye ect,ect. to find that the claims of the arrow are no lie. The factory testing was done on everything that is perceived as good and it beat it. Trying the same barrels as player, are team has found the same results. We can't beat it in the real world testing outside a controlled invioment. I feel that the only way to get more accurate than this is to whip out a Colt, S&W, Ruger ect and forget paint all together.

50 cal
12-29-2004, 08:20 PM
32* Carbon Fiber. Shoots AllStar like it was made for it. Easily my favorite.
If I have to use differnt paint at a field, I use the Freak.

alooney11
12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Kaner kit is really nice.

-=Squid=-
12-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Whoever pulled those numbers out of there *** needs to have there faces melted.

- Goro

booyah
12-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm not a scientist nor an engineer. Those fingers are ceculated in controlled testing. I can't explain how they got the numbers to you, but thats the the numbers they got. I can however tell you my team and I have now tried the Evil pipe, freak, stiffi, dye ect,ect. to find that the claims of the arrow are no lie. The factory testing was done on everything that is perceived as good and it beat it. Trying the same barrels as player, are team has found the same results. We can't beat it in the real world testing outside a controlled invioment. I feel that the only way to get more accurate than this is to whip out a Colt, S&W, Ruger ect and forget paint all together.

send one to me and i will happily perform an independant side by side test vrs a j&j edge set.

Seroiusly. I will return the barrel when testing is complete. being honest and on the up and up here.

Test would consist of

one gun (my mag)
both barrels, (edge set used to match the same fit as acheived on the barrel you provide, since i'm assuming its not a set and we cant match it to the paint)
a radar chrono
a test board at 25 feet, and again at 50
bench vice to hold the gun.

i will measure the velocity of every shot after the gun is set in for that barrel, give average velocity, shot spread, and grouping size measurements. pictures and video if required

we will see if its %400 or %600 straighter shooting

personally though i think its a load of crap and environment is spelled with an e not an i