PDA

View Full Version : Mag with no regulator

Skoad
12-28-2004, 11:17 PM
I remember someone taking off the regulator on a mag valve and replacing it with some kind of an endcap, then running a vert (foregrip) reg.

Anyone know where those pics went?

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2004, 11:23 PM
hmm, i was thinking about that a few days ago. i wouldn't mind seeing pics of it...

Automaggot68
12-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Wasn't that NiCad?

Edit: My bad.
The guy who did it, I sent a pm to him a LONG time aog, I no longer have that PM, but I'm working on finding the guy.
He did it with a Micromag body, if i'm not mistaken.

Enemy
12-29-2004, 04:49 AM
ive seen one he said the classic reg sucked!! i was shocked then again he was running co2 so i didnt clown!! dont see much point in it and i cant remember where he said he got the cap for it too! oh well good luck finding someone with that setup!

Skoad
12-29-2004, 05:03 AM
well for one, the mag could be made smaller without that back reg. Might save wieght too depending on what reg u use.

Skoad
12-29-2004, 05:39 AM
I found one pic, he is using a palmers reg stickin off the side of the mag. It still has the original reg back but with no guts in it. Too bad the pic isn't very good.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6636&stc=1

Creative Mayhem
12-29-2004, 05:52 AM
I haven't seen him around for some time, but if memory serves, it was Sniper1rfa that made the actual endcap style mod that you speak of.

Skoad
12-29-2004, 05:56 AM
Good call, seems nicad AND Sniper1rfa both have mags with alternate regs. Sniper made an endcap while nicad crafted his own kinda reg.

The pieces are starting to come together....I'll dig more to see if i can find pics :)

Chronobreak
12-29-2004, 10:59 AM
there was a custom amg thread a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago with yet another pesrson who did this mod.

it was on a classic mag they pluged the reg and cut the back top aprt off...uber small and companct and switched to a front foregrip reg.

cant find the pic

Morfesto
12-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Follow Me! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59051)

Actualy it was nicad :D

Skoad
12-29-2004, 01:08 PM
caught up with sniper on AIM :P
-----------

Skoad UMR: hey you got any pics of your "half mag"?
sniper1rfa: no pics
*** Auto-response sent to sniper1rfa: I am currently away from the computer.
sniper1rfa: i sent an email back to you
Skoad UMR: we threw up a thread trying to find pics of it on AO but couldn't :( http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162564
Skoad UMR: yea i got it
sniper1rfa: nicad did it originally
sniper1rfa: on his micro
Skoad UMR: did yours just use a gutted mag reg? or did you actually make some kinda plug to go on the end
sniper1rfa: i had an endcap
sniper1rfa: still have the reg
Skoad UMR: yea theres a link to nicad's on that post, he made an entire valve assembly it looks like
sniper1rfa: yeah
Skoad UMR: how did yours work out?
sniper1rfa: perfect
sniper1rfa: light
sniper1rfa: :)
Skoad UMR: I was thinking of doing it myself
Skoad UMR: :)
sniper1rfa: hot
sniper1rfa: 14 tpi
sniper1rfa: iirc
Skoad UMR: was your alum?
Skoad UMR: *yours
sniper1rfa: yep, but i crushed an o-ring, i didnt have a gland like the AGD config
Skoad UMR: heh
sniper1rfa: i just had a thin one on the face, so there were more threads available
Skoad UMR: i see
sniper1rfa: works just as well
Skoad UMR: very nice
Skoad UMR: was it on a RT or just a standard classic valve
sniper1rfa: classic

-----------

unfortunately no pics :(

nicad
12-29-2004, 01:11 PM
yep yep.. it was me. :) I had it on a micromag body.
I have pics around here if anyone is interested.

Sniper bought it from me, and then I made that all aluminum valve without a reg from the gound up. It got put that in the poor hacked up micromag body as well.

Problem is, I had to "guess" on the thread pitch on the plug, and he informed me that its off by like one TPI or something. ohwell. :p

out!

Automaggot68
12-29-2004, 04:44 PM
yep yep.. it was me. :) I had it on a micromag body.
I have pics around here if anyone is interested.

Sniper bought it from me, and then I made that all aluminum valve without a reg from the gound up. It got put that in the poor hacked up micromag body as well.

Problem is, I had to "guess" on the thread pitch on the plug, and he informed me that its off by like one TPI or something. ohwell. :p

out!

Haha! I was right! :clap: