PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Rail???

batteryfree
12-29-2004, 01:13 AM
does anyone know where i can get a carbon fiber rail?

68magOwner
12-29-2004, 02:16 AM
cant, i imagine the tolerances would be to tight to make one

edit- would be hellishly expensive too

Evil1
12-29-2004, 02:41 AM
I saw a "carbon fiber" mag body and rail a while back but I'm pretty sure it was a decal set to make the mag look as if it were carbon fiber.

frop
12-29-2004, 03:06 AM
if i remember right, the CF body was a normal AL body w/ a thin a layer of CF somehow bonded to the outside of it. looked pretty sweet in pics!

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-29-2004, 09:51 AM
There was a guy who posted a pic os his hypermag that had an anno or laser engraving done to it to make it look as though the body and stuff was carbon fober but it was not.

batteryfree
12-29-2004, 04:03 PM
well i just want real carbon fiber, becouse i want a rail to be like 1 ounce, i would also want a body and trigger frame, i really dont care about the looks or the price, juist could it be done.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Im sure the rail could be done, maybe a body, and theres a remote possability that youd get a good trigger frame made from CF. Even if you did find someone that could do it it would cost A LOT of money. You may not think of the price much right now but you will if you find someone to make the stuff for ya. The only reason i find it unlikly youll be able to get it done is because of the complexity that may be involved in making a frame or something from carbon fiber. Theres no way you could get all carbon fiber body now that i think of it (assuming your using threaded barrels) because carbon fiber threading would strip out really fast so youd need aluminum or steal inserts for threading. Anyway, those are my thoughts. Good luck with your search and if you do find someone to do it make sure you post and show everyone.