PDA

View Full Version : Degassing?

aovboy
12-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm adjusting the Level 10 on my new X-Valve right now, and I'm running into some problems. I'm making progress with getting it working right, but I just hit a big speedbump. When I gassed it up, there was some leaking out of the barrel, and the sear didn't push forewards. Okay, let's turn off the air, and try it again. Nope, same thing. Normally I'd be checking to see what was wrong, but I'm afraid it still has air in the chamber. Last time I took out a pressurized valve, the on/off became a bullet, and I wouldn't like that to happen again.

Also, is there a good way to get the air out of a steel braided? I'm using an Air America Raptor air system, so the air doesn't vent out...I have to take of a Q/D, which results in a loud "pop" which isn't the best to hear indoors.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think it just...vented some of it or something. I'm not sure if it's all the way empty, either.

Muzikman
12-29-2004, 04:45 PM
On a Raptor, I suggest a Pro-Connect or slide check valve. This will shut off the flow of air from the tank and bleed the air from the gun.

You should never take apart a mag that still had air in it. As you stated, the on/off pin becomes a bullet.

To adjust the lvl10. Take a carrier (*start with #2) place an oring in it and push it on the stem of the bolt. Hold the carrier and let go of the bolt (so the bolt face is pointing down). If the bolt doe snot slide, try the next larger carrier, using the same oring. Do this until the bolt slides on the carrier. Then go back one carrier size smaller. Use the middle spring and no spacers at first. This should give you an operating gun. It might not be the softest on paint, but you can then tune it. Besure to break in the oring before trying to do anything else though. After a few hundred shots you will probably hear leaking down the barrel. This means the oring is breaking in. YOu will then need to step down to the next smaller carrier.

This was a very quick explanation. Take a look at the lvl10 thread for more details.

Andrew Cunje
12-29-2004, 05:03 PM
i have a little fill nipple type of thing on a 90 degree comign out of the valve........i have a little connector which i put on the end of the steel braded hose....since i cant take my tank off the gun beacuse i have such a smal dove tail.... when trying to get the connector off the nipple it can be very difficult sometimes but ti beats a speeding bullet on-off pin! :clap: im looking into a proconnect right now...cause i have had bad expiriences with a slide check...(lots of orings like to break in them)

aovboy
12-29-2004, 05:56 PM
I've got some kind of ball valve right now on the tank, in works in the sense it cuts off air. I can't mount a slide check near the valve input because it won't fit. I might be able to put one after the on/off on my tank, I'll have to see if it will fit in there.

Between you guys and the AGD Tech Line, I was able to get it working pretty well. I ran out of air, so I need to refill tommorow and tweak it a little more. Thanks.