PDA

View Full Version : DM 4 Question???

peewee
12-29-2004, 05:46 PM
My friend asked me to find out if anyone is having issues with DM 4/5's after they tear them apart to clean etc. A guy on his team talked him out of buying one with horror stories about having to adjust the LPR etc after they pull them apart. True or not?

Eatem Alive
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
not...i have found that trixes are a very easy gun to maintain. there are plenty of stickys on other web sites that will walk you through any process.

68magOwner
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
very easy to maintain, and whats so heard about adjusting an LPR (even though u dont have to)

peewee
12-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Thats what I was wondering. He said that a regular matrix can be pulled apart & thrown back together with out having to adjust. These guys telling him this have him thinking that it will take an hour + to get the gun shooting properly after taking it apart.

punkncat
12-29-2004, 07:46 PM
I think the problem that your bud is describing is this...

When dis/re-assembling a DM4 it is very easy to cut an O ring in the top hat. When you put the marker back together it acts as if the LPR is acting up. It will have shoot down , velocity spikes , etc , generally ending up leaking down the barrel. Mostly due to thinking the LPR is set wrong and finishing blowing out an already damaged O ring.

I have seen this problem many times in the DM4 , and although you will never hear an enthusiast say it , I feel like its one of the reasons they (Dye) so quickly followed it with the DM5 and Proto....