PDA

View Full Version : help making team

wombo102
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
ok guys, i know most of yall will just say something like jsut join an existing team, but me and 3 of my friends really want to make a 3 man team (1 extra player) and well, we're getting all into it....
weve found a place that will let us practice on their field, but the problem is, all of us are new to this
I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO RUN DRILLS!!!
none of us do!
so, thats mostly what we need to know, what to do at practice, but all of us are still learning...
so... any tips you could give us, for example, always tilt your gun to keep you hopper in cover to keep tight, and when bunkering someone, always stay close to their bunker, so they have less of a chance of wipping around the bunker and shooting ya
so...yeah, any help will be appreciated
also, when we finally feel like weve got it down, and we actually have money to enter a tourney system or w/e, well how do we get in touch with the people doing the tourney, or find out any tourneys that are going on to enter in?

thanks for any help, team evolution appreciates it

Chicago Pb 7
12-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Check out webdogradio.us they have many videos on drills and tips which I think your looking for.

_tMAN
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
yep, tyger from webdog radio has so many great drills for honing your own paintball skills. Have you tried searching the subject? Pretty sure you are not the only one to ask about this.

jamescell
12-29-2004, 06:58 PM
find other teams and scrimage, scrimage, scrimage! :shooting:

Chronobreak
12-29-2004, 07:05 PM
^yes playing is the best ecperience/practce you will get.

alot of running /span shooting and practice sliding/diving etc.

btw playing with friends ..not good idea ..those things break up easy. and your better playing with dedicated players..but its upto you

jamescell
12-29-2004, 07:10 PM
I also find playing one on one in a small field very umm..... educational. You learn to play tightly and hone your snap shooting skills.

WARPED1
12-29-2004, 07:22 PM
I like to start practice, playing as a team, doing a few skirmishes. Then I like to do "end of game" drills. Like, theres a minute left, you have 100 rounds, you must grab and hang the flag to win. Have the 2 other guys fight against him and do whatevers possible to stop the grab/hang.
If you have 4, run a few 2 on 2 games. Then I like to get an old loader, put it on something behind a bunker, just barely sticking out, and have target practice on it at several differen't distances, shoot slow. Learn to aim because you cannot buy skill!

crazyuptowner911
01-02-2005, 02:52 PM
hey where are u guys because there is a team around me with the same name

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-02-2005, 03:05 PM
i recommend that you guys find a player that is experianced to coach you guys. tell you guys what you are doing wrong and how you can improve on other things.

Loud Tim
01-02-2005, 03:26 PM
sorry i have to say this one. in the worrds of ao's very own curly ROLL YOUR GUNS

68magOwner
01-02-2005, 04:12 PM
alot of time, communication is more important than actual playing skills, do drills such as playing and the back men have no markers, so they have to tell the fronts what to do if they want to win. I have seen far superior players beat by a team with less skilled players who could communicate

Echo419
01-02-2005, 04:29 PM
alot of time, communication is more important than actual playing skills, do drills such as playing and the back men have no markers, so they have to tell the fronts what to do if they want to win. I have seen far superior players beat by a team with less skilled players who could communicate
LMAO, kinda like when we all ran off break and all made it to the 50 and there 40 lol... good times

G-Rock
01-02-2005, 04:41 PM
get the Dynasty Dysected DVD...It is great and you will learn alot. It shows drills, moving down the field, and alot of stuff. Doobie got it and the team watched it and we all learned alot!!

chris