PDA

View Full Version : Drop Forward Recommendations

dahvaio
12-30-2004, 12:09 AM
I just purchased an RT-ULE Custom and an Air America 68/4500 Armageddon and need some advice.

I'm looking for any recommendations that any of you might have for a blue or nickel drop forward that would be compatible with the RT and the Tank. I've searched the forums but cannot seem to find a good drop that I like the looks of.

Thanks for your time and input....

David

REDRT
12-30-2004, 12:33 AM
I really like the CP lightning drop. Works well with the RTP and the Emags. My Emag has an Armageddon so I know it will slide on with no problems. It comes in several colors including blue and nickle too.

White_Noise
12-30-2004, 02:18 AM
i had a CP razor drop that i used for awhile, ive also liked my share of different sized shocktech drops.

Andrew Cunje
12-30-2004, 12:24 PM
i have a dye mini drop dove tail to utilize the tank as a stock to an extent...to far fo a drop on a mag results in holding the gun very close to your body....this also leads to slightly more inaccuracy
on the dye mini drop u can put on a cp on/off or a dye or whatever u so choose....just be carfeul of 2 far of a drop....it can turn into more than you wanted

AGD Rob Hoover has a reverse drop on his gun to that he holds his gun hfarther out and thus when runnign is more accurate

Can_Opener
12-30-2004, 09:45 PM
The gun getting closer to your body has nothing to do with accuracy. Thats like saying that because you ate pancakes in the morning before playing that your accuracy is going to be lower.

A larger drop allows for a tighter profile, at the expense of height, thats it. Back to the topic, shocktech makes nice looking drops that come in all sizes, and have both the holes to mount a standard asa and a dovetail mount for on/off asas and for adjustable tanks.

REDRT
12-31-2004, 01:11 AM
The gun getting closer to your body has nothing to do with accuracy. Thats like saying that because you ate pancakes in the morning before playing that your accuracy is going to be lower.

A larger drop allows for a tighter profile, at the expense of height, thats it. Back to the topic, shocktech makes nice looking drops that come in all sizes, and have both the holes to mount a standard asa and a dovetail mount for on/off asas and for adjustable tanks.

No, but thoughs pancakes might make you a bit slower.

the-deuce
12-31-2004, 12:19 PM
speaking of drops...... does anyone have a pic of an emag with a medium shocktech drop on it?
i like my minidrop, but im thinking about going to something bigger and want to know how it looks :)