PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 Warp Feed Interest Level?

brianlojeck
12-30-2004, 02:21 PM
inTHIS (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159447) thread there is discussion of a Generation 2 Warp feed, which fits under the barrel like an AT-x loader or Cocker shroud.

Tom says he doesn't see enough interest based on the Gen 1 Warp Feed.

Personally, I think this would generate a lot more interest, because at first glance it sounds like a much better design!

My problem with the Gen1 Warp (and many others I've discussed it with) is the unbalance it puts on the gun. centering the warp would help this dramatically.

fixing this would certainly help the acceptance level of the product. I've seen a lot of people pick up a warp-fed gun, and immediatly decide they don't like it because of the torque. If they had stuck with it htey might grow to like it, but many won't give it a chance...

Any thoughts?

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
With the qloader out and that fixing any balancing issues i think the idea of a new warp feed would be a total waste of time. Most people that wanna place the loader anywhere else than above the gun use a qloader and it works great (no batteries either) and if they dont use that a Halo is more than good enough. If i recall correctly i think this subject has been brought up numerous times and although some people show interest, overall itd just be a waste of time and money.

nirvana1234
12-30-2004, 03:01 PM
man i would pick one up...cant use a q-loader...backman + qloader=not good

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-30-2004, 03:19 PM
You make a good point but wouldnt a loader big enought to hold clost to 200 paintballs be a little bulky on your gun and akward if it was under your barrel.

GT
12-30-2004, 03:22 PM
dont excatly see the Q flying of shelves either...

Lohman446
12-30-2004, 03:27 PM
With the qloader out and that fixing any balancing issues i think the idea of a new warp feed would be a total waste of time. Most people that wanna place the loader anywhere else than above the gun use a qloader and it works great (no batteries either) and if they dont use that a Halo is more than good enough. If i recall correctly i think this subject has been brought up numerous times and although some people show interest, overall itd just be a waste of time and money.

Not 100% true - I hated my q-laoder more than I hated my warp (I'm back to a blimp). The q-loader, while a great theory was very "finicky" to me - I shattered at least one pod when I was a wee bit frustrated wtih it... the spring flew halfway across the field if I recall. The loading issue is hard one to overcome (and yes I had rigged a halo to feed my spinny thing for the Q). The 100 round capacity and need to be empty to reload is another. The poor fit into most packs was an issue - there aer a lot of issues with the Q. I hopper integrated warp feed under the barrel or as the picture in the linked thread showed holds a lot of interest, and I would at least try it - yeh so I buy a lot of things to try.

brianlojeck
12-30-2004, 03:50 PM
wow... Tom's posting a lot since he quit AGD. ;-)

I've copied the picture he references up above, I hadn't seen that when I started this thread. I like this placement even better then an under-barrel one...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79994&stc=1

Lohman446
12-30-2004, 04:23 PM
wow... Tom's posting a lot since he quit AGD. ;-)

You did look at the date of TKs post right? Thats rhetorical :D

BlackVCG
12-30-2004, 09:00 PM
With the advent of no-rise feed necks because of faster feeding loaders, warp feed and any other side loading mechanism is dead. You can play tight enough with the loader on the top so that if you get hit in the loader, you would have got hit in the head if it wasn't there. Also, the Warp is another thing for a tournament player to break on a slide, another thing to put a battery in and another thing to smack with your fist when it doesn't work right because of the rain and humidity at Mardi Gras.

With the ever increasing fast paced play taking over in the tourney scene, the Warp just becomes too cumbersome. Also, HALOs and Eggs are feeding fast enough that the speed of the Warp really doesn't matter anymore.

Despite all of that, whenever I decide to play with my E-Mag I will always play with it and the Warp setup I have on it. 18V Warp setup truely is the most reliable feeding setup and when I use that gun I play back and I can just lay paint all day long. When I play with my RT-Pro, however, I will always use it with a no-rise ULE body and Z-Board Egg. I still like the Warp, but the loader technology and how it has changed the gun configuration with low feednecks has all but eliminated the benefits of the Warp.

Gunga
12-30-2004, 09:17 PM
With the advent of no-rise feed necks because of faster feeding loaders, warp feed and any other side loading mechanism is dead. You can play tight enough with the loader on the top so that if you get hit in the loader, you would have got hit in the head if it wasn't there.

I still like the Warp, but the loader technology and how it has changed the gun configuration with low feednecks has all but eliminated the benefits of the Warp.

Ehh...for me the warp is more of a wider field of vision thing rather than speed. Been playing with a warp so long that it annoys me to have that blimp blocking my field of view.

luke
12-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Ehh...for me the warp is more of a wider field of vision thing rather than speed. Been playing with a warp so long that it annoys me to have that blimp blocking my field of view.

Ditto... :cool:

Evil1
12-31-2004, 04:07 AM
The warp feed is a love/hate item. Some people swear by them and hate playing without them whereas some people downright despise them. I could never get used to a warp no matter what I did with it. I just couldn't get comfortable with it. I played paintball for so long with the loader on top that it just felt very out of place on all of my setups. For me it made the gun feel huge and heavy and it made me do stupid things like keep my head or knee sticking out for too long and getting lit up. The warp setup always made me hang my knee out real far whenever I crouched and came out of the left side of my bunker. And another point that Black VGC bought up was that the warp would malfunction when there was alot of humidity or moisture. I thought I was the only one that had that problem. My warps would go crazy or not work at all if it was real humid or really hot out. Mine didn't like the cold too much either.

White_Noise
12-31-2004, 04:14 AM
i tried shooting a warp once, never really liked it. however ive seen many people who cant stand to use regular hoppers as well....to each his own.

my halo doesnt block my view, just have to learn how to shoot wihtout looking through your marker. my halo also hardly ever comes out of my bunker anymore with my playing style.

Chronobreak
12-31-2004, 01:29 PM
bah bah bah whats a warp weigh? not much unles ur :coughweak

sure its slightly off balance but nothing thats gonna keep you from shooting striaght while
dragging your hand in a gyro spiral of death.

most of the weight is from the hopper and paint also added to the side

simple soulution use both hands to hold the gun....

really the q-loader stil doesnt seem useable to me. problems when paints low,filling probs blah blah balh
i know people disagree but total sales would say diff.

warps have probly sold somewhat steadily since their release but not at record speeds of course.

most poeple juts fear diff things.

il never shoot without a warp again unles i have to.

im interested in atleast seeing what this gen 2 warp would be. btw agd SHOULD NOT release another warp system w/out warp slugs ;)

bballe336
12-31-2004, 02:42 PM
i really dont see any need for a warp feed anymore. i own a few and they are great for rec ball. but when my team plays tournies its more trouble than its worth. i break them so easily off the break and when i slide the shell cracks and it falls off. and the speed simply isnt impressive anymore. my warp is modded to the max and wont pull, anything over 28bps. my intellifeed halo rips as i have said before as fast the guns delay. and with the predator board i use that is an indefinte amount of speed. as much as i liek the warp it no longer has any place in tournament paintball.

LudavicoSoldier
12-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Of course tourny players (generally) dont see a need for a warp, what, with speed being king. The warp feed has a broader appeal than just the tourny circuit. We need to see product advancement OUTSIDE of the tourny scene. I love my warp, and would love to see a new streamlined model, perhaps with an integrated hopper. Bring it on!

WARPED1
12-31-2004, 09:51 PM
I think the only people to buy it, are the only few guys/gals here that have a warp feed already, sorry.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-31-2004, 10:02 PM
I think the only people to buy it, are the only few guys/gals here that have a warp feed already, sorry.

Thats what im thinkin. But then again if theyre happy with their warps why bother with this.

WARPED1
12-31-2004, 10:09 PM
There is room for improvement with warps, but generally theres not a problem with them.

WingMan13
12-31-2004, 10:37 PM
I always wanted to see a Warp built into some kind of gun stock. Although it wouldnt be popular for tourney play, I think the scenerio players would love the realism of a rifle :)

bballe336
12-31-2004, 11:46 PM
well i know that the appeal isnt just to tournament players but i do have to say i think anything thats not top mounted does get in the way. the warp tom shoed must some pretty strane hopper placment or watnot and i think if you really need somthing mounted to the siade the qloader is the way to go.

UTDragun
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
bah bah bah whats a warp weigh? not much unles ur :coughweak

sure its slightly off balance but nothing thats gonna keep you from shooting striaght while
dragging your hand in a gyro spiral of death.

most of the weight is from the hopper and paint also added to the side

simple soulution use both hands to hold the gun....

really the q-loader stil doesnt seem useable to me. problems when paints low,filling probs blah blah balh
i know people disagree but total sales would say diff.

warps have probly sold somewhat steadily since their release but not at record speeds of course.

most poeple juts fear diff things.

il never shoot without a warp again unles i have to.

im interested in atleast seeing what this gen 2 warp would be. btw agd SHOULD NOT release another warp system w/out warp slugs ;)
:headbang:

magman007
02-23-2005, 02:05 PM
look, you guys can claim all you want that if one came out, you would buy it, but i am assuming tom would need atleast 1000 confirmed sales before any one even considered putting it into production. Alot of you dont realize how many times people have clamored for something to be released, then when it was released, it didnt sell jack. who remembers the roller trigger?. tons sold on the first order of 100, but the second order didnt budge at all... funny how that works huh?.

y grip? its selling, but not nearly as well as people had promised to buy.

plus, no one would really buy it, lowrise and halos are all you really need. hopper hits? pshh its a mask hit you would have taken. funny how that works

Chronobreak
02-23-2005, 02:23 PM
sry i have to jump in yet again

the mask over hopper hit is BS

ask ANYONE with a warp of they are taking mask hits insted of hopper hits...chances are they arenot ex if they know how to take advantage of it.

have one eye peaking out and abarrel is FAR less than having the entire gun laying flat against the side of a bunker exposing half of it OR having a 4" 3" or so target ontop...

i had players YELLING at me to remove my warp because it was "unfair" :p

the warp is a great invention and i LVOE mine th way it is..however i do still wish it came
12 vlt ready and NO WIRES!!!!!!!!.

master_alexander
02-23-2005, 02:24 PM
i like the warp because i can set my tank up high on my shoulder so my gun is parallel to my face and i don't have a blimp up another foot, can't stand a gun that long without a warp, i had a q loader and they don't hold enough for my needs, and sometimes are just a pain in the booty. I don't see any problems with the current warp, i am getting a new one on saturday :)

spantol
02-23-2005, 02:45 PM
who remembers the roller trigger?. tons sold on the first order of 100, but the second order didnt budge at all... funny how that works huh?.

I hate this example, and it's always the first one cited. I remember the roller trigger. Tom told us the product was coming, and posted pics and a video of a slick setup--a normal-looking E-Mag trigger with a recessed wheel in the hump, positioned comfortably. He delieved a frankensteinian bolt-on kit that looked like a spinning trigger tumor, and was awkward to use, at best.

I'm shocked the original batch sold at all, frankly.

MMM
02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I love my warp feed, and yes I have a q-loader too. As far as I'm concerned there's room for a lot of improvement for both though. Don't even get me started on how much improvement is needed on the standard hooper style. It's obscene how much they charge for that garbage, the quality and qc is abysmal. It would be stellar if AGD would make a gen 2 warp, I don't see it happening, not enough interest. I'd be surprised if they just made some minor improvements on what they have now, even if it was just the 12v mod or the wire issues.

ColdFuzion
02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I like that under-the-gun one, but it already feels like I have a small Japanese car on the back of my gun, and 200 PB's would make that issue worse. I would by the barrel-mounted one in a heartbeat. That would balance meh gun... It would be even cooler if :hint:AGD would pop out a few hella fast hoppers that are as reliable as Automags... (Halos are fast, but about as reliable as an Angel in a game of underwater paintball...) I would love the company more if they :emphasizehint: made a FORCE FEED, FAST, SALL, and LIGHT:/emphasizehint: hopper.:/hint:

-Cold

magman007
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
chronobreak, apparently you dont know how to shoot a hopper mounted marker then, because honestly, the only thing peering around my bunker, is my barrel, and a hopper lined up with my mask, about the same profile as a marker with a warp(the amount of mask showing)

You must not understand, that i owned a warp, and really saw no advantage to it over a halo. the profile thing, not a real difference, play tighter, the only advantage i saw to it, was more batteries, and more weight added to an already heavy e-mag(before ule stuff came out)

Spantol, im sorry to site this as an example, i remember the origional he showed us, but then he announced that it wasnt feasable, the ugly frankenstein version came out, people still clammored for em. tom sold the first batch really fast, the second batch? slow as molasses, i wouldnt be surprised if they still had a few kits lying around.

the warp, at its prime was a good invention, helped feed faster, 12 volts were able to keep up, but now? it is useless honestly. some stil play with it for a comfort level, or they truely like it, but it really doesnt seem to have its pourpose in balling any more. trust me, i still love agd products, but, the warp has seen its time

spantol
02-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Spantol, im sorry to site this as an example, i remember the origional he showed us, but then he announced that it wasnt feasable, the ugly frankenstein version came out, people still clammored for em. tom sold the first batch really fast, the second batch? slow as molasses, i wouldnt be surprised if they still had a few kits lying around.

Fair enough; I'm probably misremembering that part, being blinded by bitterness over the final product and all. Still, that particular situation is a great example of the first two laws of forum-based marketing: A pre-order is worth a thousand "Me too"s, and set expectations you can exceed.

shatter_storm
02-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Because I'm feeling anal tonight:

If you break a qpod, it's user error. If you can't reload unless your pod is empty, it's user error, you can set the qloader system up so you can reload anytime you want.

my warp is modded to the max and wont pull, anything over 28bps.

Your halo/egg isn't doing 28bps either, and I question if your marker can, and I know your fingers arn't, so what's the point?

chronobreak, apparently you dont know how to shoot a hopper mounted marker then, because honestly, the only thing peering around my bunker, is my barrel, and a hopper lined up with my mask, about the same profile as a marker with a warp(the amount of mask showing)

It's not physically possible to have less target area exposed than a warp can. If your barrel is out with a tank and a hopper in the normal vertical arrangement, either your hand and tank is out or your hopper is out or some of both is. It doesn't matter where your mask is - you can tuck that in the same with or without a warpfeed.

jewie27
03-14-2005, 07:25 PM
anyone have real pictures of a 2nd generation prototype?

BobTheCow
03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
anyone have real pictures of a 2nd generation prototype?Unless I'm totally reading this wrong, they don't exist. All of this has been speculation and theorizing, and it's looking like there isn't enough interest to even make it to the prototype stage.

For shame. :( I think it'd be fun to mess around with, if nothing else, but from a business standpoint it makes sense why AGD wouldn't want to put any time or money into a project like this.

jewie27
03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
My friend told me there were at least some type of pictures of it. Actually two versions were being decided on before the one we have now was released. He told me to look at the other one he saw on AO.

Maybe someone in the workshop will make a smaller warp?

vf-xx
03-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Hrm, I never saw that version of the warp.

I worked on something similar a while back: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134972

Kinda stalled out at the moment, no machine shop, and no time.

gortman44
03-16-2005, 06:04 PM
didnt read through all the crap to get here but will answer the original question.

have been playing around with the idea of staying with the warp or going blimpy again. I would love a new warp that was lighter. I mean that one too. Dont really mind the position it is at. Kind of weird going lefty but not bad.

INTEREST LEVEL HIGH