PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of the Classic RTs design?

REDRT
12-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Tom, I've had the Classic for many years now and I was wondering what the intended purpose was of having it's gas thru design? Some thought maybe an air feed hopper, maybe pheumatic trigger, or maybe nothing was ever planned? This has been on my mind for some time now and I'd like to know if there was an agenda for that design.

brianlojeck
12-30-2004, 02:57 PM
considering people still whine about the exposed hose, I'd guess it was asthetic...

Evil1
12-31-2004, 03:52 AM
REDRT I have always thought the same thing about the classic rts. I always thought that the gas thru design would be a new way to harness some new technology when it became available. I thought that once the classic rt hit the market that there would be all kinds of cool upgrades to make it even more of a beast. The classic rt has always been a dream gun for me to own being I couldn't afford one at the time of their release. The classic rt is much faster than any rt valve made within the last couple of years due to the weighted down components. The classic rt was easy to get to bounce even with a single trigger. The newer one require a double to get it to bounce effectively.

REDRT
12-31-2004, 04:02 AM
I too like it alot. Brothers RTP ule custom is nice but not the same. When you have a roller bearing/ carbide tip sear, thats just too cool. There is anything else like that in the AGD line up.

Chronobreak
12-31-2004, 01:32 PM
well you could put guages there or cahnge the asa setup..somewhat.

probly coudlve been some cooler things for it but..there wasnt.

it was a cool idea but the hardlines defeated the purpose..if your gonnafeed through the rail get rid of the hardline and run air through the rail.

they were $ to make and no real diff to the new rtpro rails so they swapped

50 cal
12-31-2004, 02:33 PM
I love my Classic RT.After I put a correct on/off pin in it, it rocks. The previous owner shortened the pin to get a more full auto effect from it I guess. I bought it for a song and got a new body and on/off. It's just a touch heavy, but I like it. Makes a great back up to the E Mag.

REDRT
12-31-2004, 03:09 PM
I use the emag for tournaments, but I like to whip out the RT for rec games. It will clean house out there.