PDA

View Full Version : You can now sell almost completely out to DYE!!

Zumina
11-09-2001, 03:57 PM
DYE no makes boxers! That's right, now you can don (off the field of course) DYE cargo pants, DYE T-Shirts, DYE boxers, DYE socks, and DYE hats (sorry no shoes). Socks are a mere $10 a pair, and boxers are $18.50. Is it just me, or has DYE become the Abercrombie and Fitch of the paintball world? Seems like whoever is behind DYE (Dave Youngblood and the like) are sucessfully sucking some players dry by making them think that the price reflects an increase in performance and popularity.............

BlackVCG
11-09-2001, 04:39 PM
It's called marketing and creating an image. People buy into this image because it's appealing, regardless of the cost. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Tunaman
11-09-2001, 04:46 PM
Dye stuff is also very good quality. Even their clothes and stuff. And their customer service is also VERY good. Check out the 32 Degrees Mini Gauge...then check out the Dye Mini Gauge. No comparison. Also, If the 32 degrees craps out in 3 months, you are out of luck. If the Dye gauge craps out EVER, they will give you another one. Just an example, but you get the Idea. I am sure they take a fine example from AGD. You pay for what you get.

MagMan5446
11-09-2001, 05:59 PM
It's just another thing for preps that play paintball wear. Just like Abercrombie and Fitch. What the hell kind of name is Abercrombie and Fitch anyway?!

n1mr0d
11-09-2001, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
It's just another thing for preps that play paintball wear. Just like Abercrombie and Fitch. What the hell kind of name is Abercrombie and Fitch anyway?!

the names of the two guys who founded it the store back in like the 30's. It used to be a 'brooks brothers' in a sense, they sold sweaters and other old(er) men clothing.

X-Plosive
11-09-2001, 07:20 PM
DYE make some good quality stuff and then they make some overpriced crap. Personally I think they make the coolest guage:) Their slidershorts and apparel all seem to be of high quality but their jersey's are a little ugly in my oppinion. I would ONLy ever own one DYE barrel and that would be an aluminum. DYE isn't bad but they have some overpriced products. Their T-Shirts and jerseys are priced very well. I just can't understand why they charge so much as far as barrels go........or triggerframes

Drew
11-10-2001, 02:14 AM
last time I looked Dave Youngblood WAS DYE

DYE=Dave Youngblood Enterprises:D

we now return you to your regular programming......