PDA

View Full Version : My new.. eh... halo B

ojhspyro89
12-31-2004, 12:40 AM
Ok well i bought a halo B used for a great price and its all good.

I just have some questions.

Am i supposed to be using 6 AA batteries cause the lil battery thing only has 4 slots for batteries. Loads fine but im just wandering.

Also, the lil light on the back confuses me. If i put my finger over the end of the feedtube when the halo is on, a red light comes on and stays on until i move my finger and let it feed. Is that normal?

Also are there like any hidden facts i should know about the halo B?

Rift
12-31-2004, 01:13 AM
First of is this an Empire Reloader B or an Odyssey Halo B?

ojhspyro89
12-31-2004, 01:15 AM
Halo B the oddysee thingamajigar. I thought i said that somewhere...

LittlePaintballBoy
12-31-2004, 01:20 AM
Red light means blocked or something, so i'd imagine that it is normal. The only things I remember distinctly from having a HALO are green for on, red for off, and Green/Red flashing for jam.

Rift
12-31-2004, 01:23 AM
I only ask since you said you battery ase only holds 4 batterys iv never seen a halo b run on 4 other then the Reloader B, its possible you have halo b shells and Reloader internals. If its a halo board in there the red light being on means your battery is low are you using new batterys? when you trun the loader on it should turn green and then stay off. Also when you turn it on and its empty dose it just spin?

68magOwner
12-31-2004, 02:12 AM
did you buy it used? sounds like someone threw in the empire reolader's battery thing instead of the halo's, shouldnt be a proble, just will run through batteries fast, i would recommend that you do the dual 9v mod, or i could make/sell you one if you dont want to do it yourself

ojhspyro89
12-31-2004, 02:27 AM
Also when you turn it on and its empty dose it just spin?

Yeah just spins its not a reloader b.

i would recommend that you do the dual 9v mod, or i could make/sell you one if you dont want to do it yourself

Can you tell me plans or something? I know how to solder and i think i have another 9V battery jack around here and i could possibly use the one thats on it now.

now that i searched, i found it all i do is put them in a series. I think i can find or go buy a couple 9 volt jacks at radio shack tomoro and make one.

Oh and couldnt i just solder the one jack thats on the 4 battery thing right onto the one thats in there now? That would have the same effect accept it wouldnt be removable. But i do not know why i would need to remove it anyway............?

REDRT
12-31-2004, 02:48 AM
Here is the link for the part. They are pretty good on shipping to you quick.

http://odyssey.tv/store/loaders/parts.html

jamescell
12-31-2004, 03:55 PM
The dual 9 volts should be in parallel. Putting them in series would be too much voltage. 6 AA's = 6x1.5v = 9v. 2x9v = 18v :cheers:

Chronobreak
12-31-2004, 04:45 PM
The dual 9 volts should be in parallel. Putting them in series would be too much voltage. 6 AA's = 6x1.5v = 9v. 2x9v = 18v :cheers:

THANKS i was wandering that myself..i was like isnt 18 vlts a bit much? :confused: :tard:

bballe336
12-31-2004, 11:48 PM
double 9 volts almost require you to have rechargeable cuz the halo eats those things up so fast.

68magOwner
12-31-2004, 11:59 PM
double 9 volts almost require you to have rechargeable cuz the halo eats those things up so fast.

you can pick up ultralife batteries (not shure thets the name, there brown and black striped, at radoshack, like $11 a piece) there supossed to last ~40 cases, i have those and rechargables, so, im good.

68magOwner
01-01-2005, 12:02 AM
happy new year BTW

Bolter
01-01-2005, 01:39 PM
If you buy an Empire upgrade kit you get the 4 pack for your batteries. The previous owner may have aquired one, or you might be lucky and have the Empire kit in there!

ojhspyro89
01-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Whats the empire kit do???

and when i said series i was thinking parralell i was just short on words. I actually went to radio shack and made one for like 2 or 3 dollars.

I searched and found people selling them for 10 bucks shipped! thats like major killing on profit.

So i figured id show you my like 2 dollar thnigie cause i have 2 more jacks left over.

http://sigs.pandorafarmsshar-pei.com/sigfiles/STufsf%20001.jpg

its a lil big so ill just link it