PDA

View Full Version : anyone else play pump

frontrunner
12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
i got my self a phantom for christmass and i took it out to a local field the other night for the first time. I went because i was sure most poeple playing that night would be new or have new guns too and it held true for the first hour, which gave me a good chance to get used to it before i took heavy fire. I though poeple were ignorant to mags but most po0eple that night thought it was a pro-carbin or something like that. One of the high ligh of my night was some kid told the ref i was shooting full auto the second game. we had a kid on our team shhoting fast but i'm not sure it was full auto he just assumed it was me since i was the only one in a jersey. the other was when i guy with a timmy got a good look at my gun "you've been playing my with that phantom." it was a god night i got the pump to play woods but does anyone else play rec field with a pump? I did pretty well indoors but i whiped out the mag for a quick game of air ball. i love the fact i play all night on 250 round and 100 of that was in the mag on airball. Any tips for playing pump? i have alot to learn but i had alot of fun

Lee
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
i play rec w/ a pump frequently. all depends on my mood. i enjoy pump quite a bit.

welcome to the ranks!

Creative Mayhem
12-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Pump 4 t3h win!

urbansix
12-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Check out www.stockclasspaintball.com (http://www.stockclasspaintball.com) in the forums section. (link to forum is on left side half way down main screen) There are lots of AO guys on that forum as well, it seems. There have been a few recent threads about playing speedball with a pump. I myself am going to give it a whirl this afternoon, with a sniper I built from a cocker....best to break myself in easy against 12 year olds with their christmas toys :D

[Edit] Here is a link directly to the message board. (http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball)

SCpoloRicker
12-31-2004, 12:32 PM
yes. it's very ninja. Green sterling from bunkerboyz (which is another great resource).

brianlojeck
12-31-2004, 12:34 PM
I once had somebody run up to bunker me, drop his gun and go fetal screaming "HE'S GOT A SHOTGUN!" at the sight of my KP-3. ;-)

pump on rec fields is fun, even if it just proves how badly I suck...

purple
12-31-2004, 01:49 PM
My buddy ken who's webmstrk9 on here plays speedball with a ccm series 5 pump. He gets the sickest elims with that thing! It sounds like a spyder running out of air when it fires, but man does he longball people (280fps at that). He got it because he was tired of two case days with his xmag

I'm thinking my next gun when my emag project is done is gonna be a ccm series 5, they own. It seems like lots of fun, the first time i ever played in 95 was with pump guns (no idea what they were)

Purple

BD_Paintball
12-31-2004, 01:52 PM
my brother and I play pump when we have no money to play with my normal gun. it is really fun and saves you money.

Deltree
12-31-2004, 02:10 PM
I boght myself a pgp a little while ago. playing stock is a lot of fun and you get a lot of respect for it. On wednesday i was playing at fox 4 with it and the first round i was duking it out with a dm4. I didnt get him but on the other hand he didnt get me either :D :ninja:

50 cal
12-31-2004, 02:23 PM
I use a Phantom a lot. It's set up with a 45/45 and a Revy.
It's kinda fun to play with it when the 16 year olds with their electro's laugh at me when I'm getting set up. I hunt them first. I tag them as much as I get tagged. :p

Using it in scenario's is where it really shines.

Crimson_Turkey
12-31-2004, 03:53 PM
I always get one of two responses when I walk onto the field with my VSC. Either "lets go after that guy, we'll own him" or "that guy is hardcore, lets go somewhere else." It's a joy shooting both.

Koz
12-31-2004, 06:34 PM
I still go out and play with both My Proline Sterling and my Chrome Sniper 2...both from the early nineties....although a lot of these new players don't have any idea of what the pump is....and what it can do.

Koz

Pyrate Jim
12-31-2004, 06:47 PM
I play mostly pump, some semi. Set up small and tight for speedball or long barrel with shoulder-stock for woodsball.

68magOwner
12-31-2004, 07:19 PM
no, you are teh only person who has played with a pump, EVER

on a more serious note- i have played with a splatmaster and my lil brothers pump a few times, preety fun

ToTalChaos
12-31-2004, 07:29 PM
I still use my old Razor Back when the budget gets a little slim.

Man, When did I buy that thing? I am saving for a Phantom VSV though, I'm just a little behind the times when it comes to new purchases.. ;)

peewee
12-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Note my sig!! If you havent already found it...http://airsoldier.com/~phog/ Some of the best people on line = to AO in fact there are a few cross overs. :cheers: To getting the phantom.

firebanex
12-31-2004, 10:33 PM
I play pump cause i don't have enough money to play with a semi. and yes go to the www.stockclasspaintball.com forums lots of nice people on there.

mag88888
12-31-2004, 10:49 PM
does anyone have any mag pumps? does or did AGD ever sell pumps? i know that you can modify your gun to to pump. can i have sme pics?

Deltree
01-01-2005, 01:06 AM
I play mostly pump, some semi. Set up small and tight for speedball or long barrel with shoulder-stock for woodsball.
I remember playing with you guys at fox 4 last summer. Will the marshalls come back next year if they have another pump day? I wanna bust out my new PGP on your behinds :D :p

Pyrate Jim
01-01-2005, 09:42 AM
I think another pump day at Fox4 is a definate. The travelling show is getting bigger, just one display is not enough...
http://www.fox4paintball.com/img/September%2012,%202004/Picture%20080.jpg

We'll also be at Madmans realm in Agawam and Camp Paintball in Kingston, MA during the year.

frop
01-01-2005, 03:48 PM
does anyone have any mag pumps? does or did AGD ever sell pumps? i know that you can modify your gun to to pump. can i have sme pics?

Yes, AGD made pump kits for a while. Pump mags are out there. BTW check the sticky at the top of the forum "PUMP RODS....." :wow:

BD_Paintball
01-01-2005, 03:55 PM
there is a thread with pump mag pics. i posted mine on that thread. and i wish they were selling the pump rods b/c i could use an extra. that thread just died and tom said stuff would be on ebay but there are no pump rods on ebay :cry:

Creative Mayhem
01-01-2005, 04:19 PM
there is a thread with pump mag pics. i posted mine on that thread. and i wish they were selling the pump rods b/c i could use an extra. that thread just died and tom said stuff would be on ebay but there are no pump rods on ebay :cry:

I am in the process of making a pump mag myself, so pump rods would be good to have. Until I gather up all the parts I need, I will be content using my AM-P Illusion.

There are pump kits F/S on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=7124524607&rd=1

BD_Paintball
01-01-2005, 04:26 PM
thats just the handle and rod. i dont see the part that hooks to your gun. on mine there is a part that that hooks to your gun that has a spring in it ect. thats just the handle and rod.

EDIT: here is the pump mag pic thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158558) the part im talking about is where you screw the forgrip on which is where the whole pump kit is held on. i dont see that in the pic on ebay. and tom said he had a big bag full of pump rods which i dont see for sale. i bet some dealer on ao bought them all and will sell them, for more to make some $$

Creative Mayhem
01-01-2005, 04:32 PM
in your post, which i quoted, you only asked about PUMP RODS... nothing about wave springs or the pump handle slide. One cannot read another's mind...I can only answer that which is actually asked;)

BD_Paintball
01-01-2005, 04:34 PM
in your post, which i quoted, you only asked about PUMP RODS... nothing about wave springs or the pump handle slide. One cannot read another's mind...I can only answer that which is actually asked;)

yea i know but i was just pointing out if you buy that you will need to but the rest of the pump kit where the handle hooks on. and i bet who ever buys that does not know that

rathbaster
01-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I remember playing with you guys at fox 4 last summer. Will the marshalls come back next year if they have another pump day? I wanna bust out my new PGP on your behinds :D :p

Dave Painter, one of the field owners is putting a pump day on the calender for 2005. Check out Fox4s website from time to time to see when it will be, they have yet to post their full 05 calender. ( www.fox4paintball.com )

This Marshal will defenitely make the effort to be there. As will several other Marshals and non-marshal pump players.

frontrunner said:
but does anyone else play rec field with a pump?

Yes, and tourneyball. Scenarios are the only place I tend to stick to semis though I've played a few with a pump.

Any tips for playing pump? i have alot to learn but i had alot of fun

Since you're having fun you're doing the most important thing.

Snapshooting is the most important pumper skill. You have to be able to do it well.

If you're shooting stock class you need to manage paint and air supply. It takes some practice to be able to know how much you have left and to load both without looking.

Other than that, its not much different from any paintball game. Learn to use communication, angles and teamwork.

-Rath

Lee
01-01-2005, 06:22 PM
some of the things you can expect to hear from other players as your pump career goes along:

does that shoot farther?
is it more accurate?
are you a sniper?
do you have to pump it every time?
don't you own a semi?
don't you like semis?
why aren't you playing with your semi?
does that hurt more?
does it hurt less?
i want to be on his team
i don't want to be on his team
i've never seen a pump gun
how fast does it shoot?
why are you playing with that?

those are a few i can remember off the top of my head......

BD_Paintball
01-01-2005, 07:07 PM
^^ and more

why would you use something that you have to pump?
im sooo going to own you!
your going to get owned b/c we can shoot faster
why do you have a small hopper (i use a 50rnd)

and it goes on. i have heard it all when i use my pump mag. most ppl who say things are not any good

barrel break
01-01-2005, 07:15 PM
sometimes, i dont own a pump, but i play with my friends sniper 2 from time to time. playing indoor super close airball with it was sooo much fun, i got just as many elims with it as with a 98c.
my best game with it was playing mikey from ND, and some other guy with a timmy, and after my friend got shot out, getting both elims!

Tyger
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Let's not forget :

How many balls does that hold?
Do you need a semi? I've got a spare Spyder or something.
What's the point? (To which my reply is this Whiteboard (http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb149.html)

Some of the fun playing pump is watching people start the day cocky, and end the day a little humbled. One guy... I can still shut him up by tapping between the eyes to remind him of the "impossible shot" I put between the gap of two airball bunkers. :headbang:

There's still a lot of us "underground pump players" left.

-Tyger

Pyrate Jim
01-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Or being told you need to put a barrel-sock on that thing...as they point to the feed tube.

Tyger
01-01-2005, 08:17 PM
You know, you REALLY ought to do it, just once, to play with his head.

OR put a "scope cover" and pop lids on the top tube, JUST to mess with 'em.

-Tyg

DiSoRdeR
01-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I remember when I first got my Phantom, one of the best markers Ive ever owned and still own. I will never sell it, and I have plans to get it anodized soon. Might even turn it into a Micro Phantom.

When I first starting playing with my Phantom it surprised me how ignorant people really are to pumps, and I find that sad. Paintball started with pumps and now people are so ignorant they know nothing about them...

But back to my main point, you will not be disapointed. Are you playing VSC(Vertical Stock Class)? Thats what I started with, was hard at first and Im finnally just getting used to 12 grams. What ever configuration your Phantom is im sure you will have a blast.