PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Tampa Fl....

50 cal
12-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Is there some decent places to play? I'm taking a new job there and need to know if there are some decent places to play.

Thanks

dudedude
12-31-2004, 03:33 PM
If you're willing to make a semi-longish (bout an hour and a half) drive, there's a couple good fields in the Gainesville area that are excellent (First Strike Paintball and Rocky Creek). There's also a place that I can't remember the name of on I-75 about halfway between Tampa and Gainesville that has 5-6 airball fields and does monthly tournaments.

Anyways, welcome to Tampa, enjoy the weather, and don't spend too much time on a certain strip of Dale Mabry Highway one block away from the stadium ;)

edit: Heard good things about a place called Thunder Bay Paintball, if you want to stay local

Lee
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
cool!

TheDuelist and i meet up and play from time to time. we are doing a mini ao-fl meet at gators in hudson the third sunday in january if you're in town and able to make it by then. Fred will be there as well as few not so active ao-ers i know.

pm or email me for info on area fields. i play in lakeland, plant city, hudson and tampa and also know of several fields that i have been to from time to time that are in the area.

look in my sig for a link to a thread in meet and greet where we plan meets and get togethers and such.

looking forward to helping out. just lmk what you want to know.

edit: forgot...theres also a florida pump gun day in the works as well. no info on date or location yet, but looks like the end of january or beginning of february. i saw on another thread that you're a fellow pumper. fred and i are looking into going to it.

50 cal
12-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys.
Is there an indoor field near there? A guy that I know that already lives there said he thought there was.

Mr. Mouse
12-31-2004, 05:21 PM
thanks that helped me also because im moving to flordia after high school

Lee
12-31-2004, 05:26 PM
yup. theres an indoor field in largo. called gladiator. some detroit strange guys operate it i believe.
havn't been there yet, but i want to go. it's supposed to be decent, though small right now. from what i hear, it's alot better than the other two options in largo.

thunderbay is operated by a fella i worked for when i first got into playing. he's not exactly player oriented. lets leave it at that. he also owns florida paintball center which from alla caounts, the field behind the shop is a pit. havn't played there myself so it's all here say on that place.

what part of tampa are you moving to?

50 cal
12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Not sure yet. It may be the Clearwater/Dunedin area. The guy I'm going to go to work for is near the airport. But his shop is moving. I have a freind in Dunedin. That is probably where I'll go to.

teufelhunden
12-31-2004, 06:14 PM
I played at Orbital once. As long as you stayed away from the fat morons who ran woods/etc. you were alright.

trimegatron
12-31-2004, 07:00 PM
If you're looking for fields in the general central florida area:

Wayne's World - serious scenario ball
orlando Paint ball - indoor and outdoor fields - lots of players, kind of xpensive paint
Epic Paintball - serious speed ball
Extreme Rage pro shop and field - the field is at the orlando fair grounds on hwy 50 - serious speed ball
the city of palm bay, FL - - very respectable outdoor ball put on by the city

There are others but they escape me now...welcome to Florida!!

Lee
12-31-2004, 08:28 PM
I played at Orbital once. As long as you stayed away from the fat morons who ran woods/etc. you were alright.

amen. you in florida?

TheDuelist
12-31-2004, 08:42 PM
I have never heard anything good about that field. Too bad the best filed near Tampa got shut down. Hopefully Showdown will open up somewhere else. In the meantime there is Gators in Hudson (north of Tampa) and the fields Lee mentioned in and around Lakeland (northeast of Tampa). How soon will you be moving?

50 cal
12-31-2004, 08:49 PM
Probably the second week of Jan.

Teamslayer76
12-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the hurricane state. And places to play... Wow.. Thers lots around tampa/sarasota/everywhere...

Look for fields in the www.paintballreview.com guide or the phone book. maybe even your backyard or a parking gargage at night maybe idk.

50 cal
12-31-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks everyone. You've been more than helpful.

Silverbullit
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Is there some decent places to play? I'm taking a new job there and need to know if there are some decent places to play.

Thanks

I play in orlando in the woods with a lot of people so if you want inn just let me know its only 40 mins away and we play in the weekends to its not that far my girl friend goes to school over there in tampa and i go back and fort all the time if u want in just have your own gun paint and co and thats it if you want in just email me at Ivan_rigual@hotmail.com or add me to the msn acc to the same email :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: