PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobiles

Poon985
12-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Well I just bought a brand new Polaris 550 supersport. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about exhaust, i want to get an aftermarket one but can't seem to find one for the 550cc. I tried a snowmobile thread with little results. Thanks for any help.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-31-2004, 09:12 PM
The easiest way to get a performance exhaust is to go to the nearest repair shop and ask them. I had the same prob when i had my 700 twin so i went to the closest shop and he hooked me up right away, they are def worth it. Im pretty sure triples arent made anymore but if ya have one dont bother with pipes cus they wont increase performance at all (as a matter of fact they can hurt performance, i had pipes on mine but it was suggested that i remove em so i did and it runs better than ever).

skife
12-31-2004, 10:29 PM
not true about triple pipes hurting your performance, you may have had crappy pipes or you didn't re-jet the carberator right for the pipes you were using.

if your going to go with pipes go with pipe temp gauges too

i was thinking about getting a sled this year, but here it is new years day and we dont have any snow on the ground at all, it just melted today and its like 50 degreese

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-31-2004, 11:03 PM
In some cases they can, i think my sled just wasnt set up right for em. My bros runs great with em so idk. Ive been told they can help and ive been told they can hurt and ive been shown legit things that support both claims so im not totally sure.

EDIT: Hey Skife, i noticed your from michigan as well. I was somewhat bummed when i woke up and all the snow was melted. I prob woulda been tiffed but my snowmobile was getting a new track put on today so i couldnt have went out to play even if there was snow. I just hope theres snow and a lot of it by the time i go up north to go snowmobiling.

Poon985
01-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. I just got the sled brand new, and of course as soon as i get it all the snow melted here in Mass too, at least i got to drive it onto the trailer :rolleyes: ! My sled is a twin, and i finally found a site with after market pipes to fit the 550, i'm thinking on buying them as soon as i build be bank account back up, lol.

skife
01-01-2005, 12:33 AM
In some cases they can, i think my sled just wasnt set up right for em. My bros runs great with em so idk. Ive been told they can help and ive been told they can hurt and ive been shown legit things that support both claims so im not totally sure.

EDIT: Hey Skife, i noticed your from michigan as well. I was somewhat bummed when i woke up and all the snow was melted. I prob woulda been tiffed but my snowmobile was getting a new track put on today so i couldnt have went out to play even if there was snow. I just hope theres snow and a lot of it by the time i go up north to go snowmobiling.

where are you from in michigan, i'm about 20 miles north of grand rapids.

where the city starts turning into country.

Dubstar112
01-01-2005, 01:51 AM
The exaust you chose totaly depends on the type of performance you are looking for. I know nothing about polaris aftermarket, but being part of a professional race team for D&D (Arctic Cat), I can tell you some things.

Twin pipes are a lot trickier to clutch for, however once you get it right its good. Single pipes tend to offer a broader troque range, and this should be your interest. D&D as one of our sponsors does make polaris products (exaust) however I dont know the availabilty. Consider local noise and emissions when purchasing aftermarket exaust.

Do you have a clutch kit yet? Has it been clutched at all? Does it need to be? That should be one of your main concerns.

as for what I ride.... 2003 F7 with Trail Port, torque pipe, and PAC fuel system. Complimented by some 144 Mega Bites :)

Try Starting Line Products. I believe they make polaris stuff.

I have relatives in GR area. They had mentioned the lack of snow too. it was 60 degrees here today. Thats 40 degrees above normal. INSANE!

tryin to help all i can.

WickeDKlowN
01-01-2005, 02:11 AM
I want a snowmobile. But I live in FL and have never actually seen snow.

Dubstar112
01-01-2005, 02:55 AM
Move to watertown. Im sure you'll love it. PS dont bother bringing any decent vehicle, it just gets rusted in a year any ways. lol

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I live about 40 min away from Grand Rapids, near holland. Where ya play at?

skife
01-01-2005, 12:45 PM
used to play at mayhem sports, empty hopper, colors bout twice a year, sometimes i'd go to the field in belding (name slips my mind) TC used to have a pratice airball field up here in cedar and we used to pratice with them.

i sold my cocker, i loaned my tank to a friend and it got stolen from his house (i'm still looking for compensation) my revvy also got stolen.

i might be looking to spend a coupe hundred on a new setup right now, but yeah.