PDA

View Full Version : bracket stuck on foregrip, still

mag88888
01-01-2005, 12:46 PM
the barcket is still stuck onto my foregrip. i cant get the screws off. i want to put the foregrip direcly onto my rail, without the bracket. help me. oh and ive already made the hole in my rail, punched it out.

Sac
01-01-2005, 12:54 PM
are the screws holding the bracket on stuck? or is the bracket itself actually stuck?

soccer4minimags
01-01-2005, 12:55 PM
They are secured with loctite. You are goiing to need a good amount of pressure to do it. Assuming you already have the bracket off the rail, you should see the 2 screws holding the grip on. Get a really strong allen wrench, get a good grip and really turn it.

mag88888
01-01-2005, 05:03 PM
the bracket is off the rail. the screws on the bracket re stuck on the foregrip.

mobius
01-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Use a lighter or small butane torch to heat up the heads of the screws. This will break down the locktite, allowing you to more easily remove them.

mag88888
01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
how long should i heat it with a lighter?

Gr0dy
01-01-2005, 07:12 PM
hey,im having the same problem, how did you get the hole(s) in your rail? please let me know

mag88888
01-01-2005, 07:54 PM
is it the stock rail that your rt ul custem with? i have an rt ule custom. if it is then under the bracket you will see a really tiny imprint or light might shine n it differently. under that indent thre is a pre drilled hole, the hole is just covered with a soft and thin piece of metal or whatever. just take a pen tip or something and punch out the hole. it doesnt take alot of force at all. after youve punched out the hole, file it down until it is a decently soft and isnt sharp or whatever. thats all you have to do.

dahvaio
01-01-2005, 08:19 PM
How many holes are there on the RT-ULE custom rail? I would like to remove the foregrip rail and just attach the fore-grip directly to the rail?

If there is only one hole, how secure is it?

Thanks,
David

Gr0dy
01-01-2005, 08:41 PM
is it the stock rail that your rt ul custem with? i have an rt ule custom. if it is then under the bracket you will see a really tiny imprint or light might shine n it differently. under that indent thre is a pre drilled hole, the hole is just covered with a soft and thin piece of metal or whatever. just take a pen tip or something and punch out the hole. it doesnt take alot of force at all. after youve punched out the hole, file it down until it is a decently soft and isnt sharp or whatever. thats all you have to do.
cool thanks

mag88888
01-01-2005, 08:54 PM
dahvi- im not sure how secure it it. i havent gotten mine on yet. ive punched out the hole and now i cant get the bracket off the foregrip. can people keep giving me olutions to this foregrip thing?

wimag
01-02-2005, 02:46 PM
dahvi- im not sure how secure it it. i havent gotten mine on yet. ive punched out the hole and now i cant get the bracket off the foregrip. can people keep giving me olutions to this foregrip thing?

Mobius gave you the best answer you can work with. No real secret about it. Heat up the heads of the screws and turn on them in a counter clockwise fashion with a hex wrench.
the screws may require additional heat at longer intervals to loosen them up if you cannot get them to break free. If you feel you have heated them up sufficiently and they still do not break free bring the bracket and wrench to the local gym and ask the biggest SOB there to do it for you. good luck

Tunaman
01-02-2005, 08:08 PM
A T-handle allen wrench works wonders... ;)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
01-02-2005, 08:19 PM
The bicycle grip on the rt pro bracket needs 2 screw holes yes? and the rail only has one....