PDA

View Full Version : should i get a automag?

kazz
01-01-2005, 06:57 PM
i want to start playing in tournaments and just want to upgrade from my spyder... so ive been going from impys, to omens, to cockers, to mags, and was wondering if i wanted to build my own how much would it cost me? im trying to keep it relatively in expensive (i have like 800 dollars) but i need cash for HPA and like a revi or an evoII...so do u think i should get one? and should i buy one of the rt mags from AGD or build my own? id rather build my own but dont know what i need..

peewee
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
with $800 you have a lot of options out there. Coming here you will get honest opinions. Building you own can get very spendy. Markers such as the Tac One or ULE rt straight from AGD are great guns right out of the box. Impys are all over the place & even with most people being unhappy with SP they make a quality product for the most part. The omen has really impressed me as of late. PMI/EVIL have really been backing the marker. A life time warranty & insane turn around if you do have an issue just about has me getting one. Its not a pull out of the box & play type marker so you have to be a little mechanically inclined. Heres my opinion on what markers I'd buy if getting back into tournement ball. I like mech markers so you will see a few mixed in.

1. CCM series 5 autococker. The AGD of the cocker world. $430
2. Tac One $450 ish
3. Palmer blazer ( rare, can run on any gas type insane level of quality) $$$$ gonna cost you but worth it, figure $600
4. Freestyle ($688 pushes the upper limit) Know 3 people that have em insane marker.
5. Bushy 04/05 ( pretty much same as impy have personal pref twords ICD) $500
6. omen 05 type has PDP chipset & all upgrades that evil has found to be needed after a couple years of input from players. $329 at action village for 04 model can be sent in for free ups.

Gabriel
01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I would get an ICD bushy w/ PDS or (dont laugh) Tippmann A5 RT. Yes, a tippy. Insane fire, and all mech. But I still like the bushy better.

If you can, try and get an older shocktech bushy. Veeeeerrrrry nice...

MonsterMag
01-01-2005, 07:38 PM
around 500 will get you a decent emag :headbang:

mag88888
01-01-2005, 08:01 PM
for a fast mechanical i would go with this the rt ule custom. it has alot of AGD's new stuff like the x valve, level 10, ule mainbdy-(only 20 extra bucks when it costs 145 if your not buying this gun), its just a good gun. very reliable and fast. its tested to 26 bps but guys like zman have gtten it to 34 bps in videos with sound anyalys. if you were to make the rt ule custom instead of buy it directly it wuld be MUCH MORE. so heres a link to this gun. its a very good way to go.
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=368&categoryID=79
check it out.

BD_Paintball
01-01-2005, 08:01 PM
dont get the A5. you cant use that in tournys. i traded my custom mag with every up you can get for my vision imp with ups and love the imp. you can try the imp or the bushy with pds. i would not get the cocker b/c you have to mess with timing and other stuff. if the bushy does not have pds dont get it. and i would also pass on the mag b/c if the trigger is bouncing you cant use it in tournys. and the trigger pull on mags is like 4 pounds.

EDIT: if you go with an imp make sure it has WAS or vision so you will never chop :headbang: . if it has regular vision you can get ECS for it and have all the settings as the WAS board and different eye settings

mag88888
01-01-2005, 08:06 PM
hey BD paintball- "you can get a ULT", it lowers the weight of he trigger pull on mags down to 15 ounces and you can adjust the trigger to how ever you want it.

BD_Paintball
01-01-2005, 08:08 PM
hey BD paintball- "you can get a ULT", it lowers the weight of he trigger pull on mags down to 15 ounces and you can adjust the trigger to how ever you want it.

but thats still a hell of alot more then any electro. i had just about every upgrade you can get for my mag when i had it. and if you buy a mag i would buy it from tunaman or some other dealer on ao. it would be cheaper then ordering it from AGD.

mag88888
01-01-2005, 08:10 PM
your right it would be cheaper and its just my opinion but i dont like most electros. i like the reliability of my gun which has the ult which works fine. but i see what your saying. its all opinons.i

peewee
01-01-2005, 08:25 PM
ULT triggers are nice & If your tank is adjustable or a mid pressure preset you wont get any bounce. Personally I fire a mech cocker as fast as my buddy can his Karny. He hates me for it but I had to learn how to shoot a cocker back in 93/94 when they were a nightmare ...
90% of paintball is skill & smarts. I don't understand peoples issues with the cockers. Having owned both older & new type cockers I can say that maintenance etc was not much different than any other gun & any more the come timed out of the box. Had an 03 for a year with no issues,my buddy traded me a new from AGD ULE for it or I'd still have it.

barrel break
01-01-2005, 08:33 PM
ULT triggers are nice & If your tank is adjustable or a mid pressure preset you wont get any bounce. Personally I fire a mech cocker as fast as my buddy can his Karny. He hates me for it but I had to learn how to shoot a cocker back in 93/94 when they were a nightmare ...
90% of paintball is skill & smarts. I don't understand peoples issues with the cockers. Having owned both older & new type cockers I can say that maintenance etc was not much different than any other gun & any more the come timed out of the box. Had an 03 for a year with no issues,my buddy traded me a new from AGD ULE for it or I'd still have it.
If you can do that, your bud's got sloooow fingers :shooting:

peewee
01-01-2005, 08:44 PM
He does, but hey it sounds good.. ;) With a mech gun he is a :tard: had to get a electro just to keep up with us with our mechs sadly we all have some type of electro so now he is looking at an osiris with dual switch trigger. He only let me try his karny once pretty much a here touch it now stay away. If I had a grand I'd think about getting one.

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-01-2005, 08:50 PM
If ya have 800 and want a kickarse mag wjy not go with the Dev!l Frame?

thelane
01-01-2005, 09:43 PM
mags =small light(in most cases) EASILY fixed infinitetly customizible um other stuff too oh and THE MAGS GOT THE ELVS AHAHAH

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril

XbeasleyX
01-01-2005, 09:50 PM
My vote is definately for the Freestyle or if you can wait get the B2K5 because they are getting rid of the tray so the 05 B2k is about equal to a timmy for about 1/3 the price of a new one. :cheers: But whatever floats your boat.

JoshK
01-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh...mags are nice...get a hyperframe if you can find one...also...i have a revy and hpa tank to hook you up with if you want to.

thorn
01-01-2005, 10:19 PM
http://www.shorepaintballsupplies.com/2005bushmaster.html
b2k5^^

http://www.shorepaintballsupplies.com/05freestyle.html
05fs. if u call the price is 750.

get either..if u still want cash get the b2k5..thats gonna be the thing to beat.

master_alexander
01-02-2005, 06:29 PM
you have asked the wrong question. you hould ask WHERE to get an automag.

slade
01-02-2005, 06:45 PM
with $800, id say get a used freestyle, they go on ebay for maybe $600

Echo419
01-02-2005, 07:38 PM
For 600 you can get some 2003 or 2004 Angel Speeds... Check them out ;)

empiremag57
01-04-2005, 11:31 AM
hell yeah get a mag buy a ule, warp, intelframe, crossfire tank, boomstick barreel, x-valve buy all the parts separate that will cost u around 8 or 9 hundred depending were you get it :headbang: :cheers:

Gr0dy
01-04-2005, 11:50 AM
If i were you, i would talk to Tunaman or Roguefactor about a mag if i had 800

yakitori
01-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Id say wait a little bit, Im sure DM4s will depreciate this year. Or, you can find many electros w/ eyes for that price range.

Mags are great though.

Lurker27
01-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Under no circumstances should you get a mag for tournament ball. Get an upgraded stock body impulse. It's pretty much the best bargain out there.