PDA

View Full Version : Which mask is best?

Evil1
01-02-2005, 03:39 AM
I am in the market for a mask and can't decide which one to get. Raven masks like the Nuvis or what ever it is called are out of the question. I think they are very uncomfortabe. I currently am using a classic, all hard plastic, JT spectra which is about 7 years old and has seen better days. I know my whipper is out of the question to use these days. The only problem is, I have this thing about trying other peoples masks out. I think it is gross to wear something someone else has sweat all over. I really like the way the dye invisions look, but I've never worn one. I like the way the profilers look as well, but again never tried one. I am thinking about buying my cousins' old flex 7 which has been sitting in his closet in the package for about 5 years. If I don't buy that from him, I'm thinking about buying a new JT pro flex. I also have an above average sized nose so it would have to have plenty of clearance in that area, which I must say, the r&d guys at JT always seem to take that into consideration. Any opinions are very welcome. I wan't to buy one in the upcoming week.

-=Squid=-
01-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Pro-flex, all the way.

- Goro

NewMagMan21
01-02-2005, 03:48 AM
I can only where Dye masks now that I've tried one. Or Proto masks are very nice. Both are comfortable and well just great. People like V-forces but personally I think they are uncomfortable and too small. (coure I have a big head)

stondroopy
01-02-2005, 03:54 AM
i just got a profiler today,and it fits great and my field of vision is greatly improved over my cheapy jt mask.i think there pretty comfortable as well but i havent tried a dye mask.

Automaggot68
01-02-2005, 03:58 AM
The best mask is the one that you wear.
The one that protects your face, mouth, eyes, and your ears.

REDRT
01-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Though there are many choices out there. Some factors I've considered for me are fit/comfort, apperance, how the mast will protect my face for radio, and is it going to deflect paint away from chin and neck. My old mask Has been Jt flex7 ize that I've used along time and I think under my criteria the Jt pro-flex fits the bill for a new one.

Ghetto
01-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I wore spectras and flex 7's up until Christmas and my wife bought me a profiler. I really like the profiler. The field of vision is better and they are super comfortable. I've never worn and of dyes masks.

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Id have to say try a profiler out. They are by far the best masks IMO.

$tevo
01-02-2005, 09:38 AM
I have a profiler..its a great mask, but i also hear nothing but good things about jt proflex. if i was you, i would either get a proflex or profiler. but try them on, see what one is more comfy

Deltree
01-02-2005, 10:22 AM
having several vforce masks including a profiler, a JT nforcer mask, and an invision i have to say that my personal favorite is the profiler. It is very comfortable and has great feild of vision. The Invision also is pretty good comfort and vision wise but I'd go with the profiler because of the ease of lense replacement. Replacing lenses on JT and the dye mask generally leaves my fingers pretty messed up.

Halliday
01-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Well, I liked the original The Mask, starring Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz. http://shopping.yahoo.com/video/images/muze/dvd/sm/12/134112.jpg

Son of The Mask does not look good.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/son_of_the_mask/sonofthemask_bigposter.jpg

Oh paintball..........?

The best mask is the one that fit's your mellon.

aovboy
01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
The Profiler is the best, hands down. It's sheer vision abilities and comfort make it a pleasure to wear, I'll forget to take it off in the staging area pretty often.

If you're low on cash, try to finds some Morphs or a Shield...not quite as nice, but still blows JTs out of the water. Again, IMHO.

mag88888
01-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Dye Invision? its $60 bucks on sale at www.actionvillage.com right now. what is it good for and what is it bad for?

Deltree
01-02-2005, 11:54 AM
well they are a pretty good mask, never fog and comfortable to wear. But lense change sucks, and if you take a shot in the vents youll have a mouthfull of paint. I still reccomend the profiler over all others, Gets bounces all the time, i've never had a ball break on my profiler, the lenses are easy to change and it plain old looks awesome. IMO go with a profiler

ojhspyro89
01-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Well whichever one fits you the best and you like really. I like my mask because i cant see spending triple digets for a mask.

Everyones face is built different. Accept the cone heads they all looked the same.

MonsterMag
01-02-2005, 12:10 PM
:headbang: Profiler :headbang:

minimag03
01-02-2005, 12:25 PM
If you like a close fitting mask, then the Invision is for you. If you like a good view of the field and don't care about size then a Profiler is for you. Before you go out and get a Profiler, you might want to look at the new Vantage by V-force (the maker of the Profiler)

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=ncq6VnvkgCe6DTo8sB16_nFCOIoPipZfa_c=?Pro ductID=xO7AqArb3bkAAAEBA4HeIgF9

-minimag03

MarkM
01-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Opinions will vary..I have used many different masks over the years and for me I prefer what I currently use which is a Flex 7 but this is not for everyone...the following link if you scroll to the mask section gives very good advice and the reasoning behind it ..since what is good for one person is not for another.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/newbie/primer/index.shtml

slade
01-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I have a dye invision, which i think is a pretty good mask. I have had to change the lense once because the coating chipped and it started to fog, and got scratched from a headshot, and that is not something i want to go through again. I have tried a profiler and thought it was equal as far as comfort is concerned, but i would buy that over a dye mask for the easy lense removability. oh yeah, and when you first get a dye mask the dye in the foam will come out, which isnt too pleasant. i remember the store owner calling me a racoon after my first time wearing the mask.

NewMagMan21
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
and if you take a shot in the vents youll have a mouthfull of paint.
Yes but while you eat the paint it doesn't show up on your mask. One it time I took a it in the mouth vent and a ref came up to check me and called me clean... so well of course I kept playing. LOL :rofl:

Coray
01-02-2005, 01:52 PM
profiler gets my vote.

the larch
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
I liked my invisions, but the foam started falling off within 6 months of use and lense changing is a REAL bear. I haven't tried the profiler yet, but I've heard nothing but good and there is zero chance of finding them on ebay cheap. I did find a pair of proteus NIB for under $40 though. They were the big thing last year :)
I want a pair of profilers, but I want to see how they last first.

Creative Mayhem
01-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I love the JT spectras/flex7 style, they work perfectly for me. You need to try on any mask that you think you ma want, to see how the fit/feel on your melon.;) I am thinking of getting a profiler though, I have heard nothing but good stuff from them.

Suspect John
01-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Get the Vforce Profiler....Kicks butt, great view, easy lens change. :headbang:

Mr. Mouse
01-02-2005, 05:30 PM
id highly recommend a proflex or a profiler both are great masks and can take a real beating

m4rine
01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
profiler, by far.

Eric Cartman
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Love the profiler's fit , feel and field of vision. The quick and easy lens removal is awesome. I just wish Vforce (or anyone for that matter) made a fan for it. :(

B.A.M.
01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Jt spectra is my pick.

Crazy
01-02-2005, 07:15 PM
I've owned pretty much every mask worth owning... and i have to say that i always come back to the proflex... only way i found myself wearing profiler or proto switch was after cutting it down, and in the profilers case, puting soft ears on it.

Evil1
01-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Thanks for all of your help everyone. I can't decide on one, so I'm going to buy the proflex and a profiler.

SpecialBlend2786
01-03-2005, 03:14 AM
I liked my proto, but my Vforce shield never let me down.

Carbon Blue
01-03-2005, 05:10 AM
but how do guys like the protection that the v-force profiler offers?? Ive never used one so i wouldnt know but it seems like it only covers your face. My JT spectra 260 covers a good enough portion of my neck to where i feel safe as to not get shot in that area.

mag88888
01-03-2005, 05:00 PM
ive seen pistures of the jt pro flex and it looks really bare. is there a decent amount of protection. i like to keep my head profile small but i would like some decent protection. also what are the lens like? are they peripheral and all that crap? how can you ee throug them? good angles? do they ever fogg?

LudavicoSoldier
01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
The one that fits your head best of course! I have a HUGE domepiece, and the VForce Morph is just perfect for me. Fit/comfort > looks.

Mr. Mouse
01-03-2005, 05:05 PM
wear a neck guard lol or make one

mag88888
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
just give me ssome answers

Sac
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
if you get shot in the head/neck/ears with a proflex it will hurt, but pain is part of the game

a teammate of mine took about 30 shots to the side of his head wearing a proflex and he was fine.

no im not exaggerating, it was messed up.

LudavicoSoldier
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
That is messed up! Noone should get shot 30 times at once ! :mad:

Sac
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
that was just on his face i didnt count his side/back

mag88888
01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
how is changing th pro flex's lens? how long does it take? can you add ear protecion? is it easier compared to the invision? which lens are better, pro flex or invision? what are there profiles like?

slade
01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
if you get shot in the head/neck/ears with a proflex it will hurt, but pain is part of the game

a teammate of mine took about 30 shots to the side of his head wearing a proflex and he was fine.

no im not exaggerating, it was messed up.
you cant say that without telling the story

Carbon Blue
01-03-2005, 09:18 PM

yea, did he leave his face out in the open because he wanted to get shot?? because 30 balls is alot.lol

68magOwner
01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
i love my proflex, i got a re-freaking-diculious bounce off it last weekend, hit right where teh bendy and flexable part meet (hardest part of flexable material) and i felt it bend all teh way in, touch my face, and bend out, it hit preety hard, i almost just walked off, but, didnt feel any paint on paint/in mouth, so, called for a paintcheck, shure enough, it bounced, once of the many bounces i have had off teh flexable part, and the soft ear pieces. easy to breathe in, comfy, impossible to fogg up, great product

Sac
01-03-2005, 09:44 PM

ok he was playing in the snake and he got shot, put his hand up and stood up all while continually being shot by the guy, he turns his back and walks to the net, still getting shot, and says to our coach/captain "mike you see what hes doing to me?!?" and mike says to let it go, it goes on for a few more seconds and alex turns and starts shooting back, they both exchange what was left in thier markers i dunno how much alex hit the guy cuz he couldnt see. it was nasty, there were some words exchanged.

mag88888
01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
whats the v force morph like?

kauai_paintball
01-03-2005, 11:28 PM
I got a red profiler for christmas. Wore it all day in the humid hot air on sunday in a field with no shade. no fogging whatsoever. not even a milky surface. Its really comfortable too. comes with a good care manuel, and 2 different visors. absoluely crystal clarity, no matter the situation. has top notch quality foam too. dosent get itchy, and dosent slip. quick change lenses, and cool no slip substance on the strap. Made of durable soft rubber, and feels like it can catch some bounces too. Profiler all the way. worth every penny.