PDA

View Full Version : Speed, equipment and what I should buy.

Pronby
01-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Greetings guys, I'm just having a few questions (I hope they goes for tech-questions :tard: ).

First of all, how fast is it possible to shoot with an Automag with all the necessery upgrades (ULT, X-valve, Intelliframe(?) and so on). 'Cos I have this friend of mine who says that it's impossible to shoot faster then 11-12 bps without hAIR-trigger or Respons Trigger. So I wonder, has got my friend totally wrong or do I have to find my own way to prove that you can shoot faster then 11-12 bps?

Second question: what do you suggest that I should buy if I want a totally mechanical marker to play sup air with? I have thought of an ULE warpfeeded body, X-valve, intelliframe and ULT. Then, of course, I need more stuff like a barrel, hose, loader and so on. But is that stuff nice? or should I get anything more? I have read about the so called Superbolt, but I have'nt found any place where I can buy it. Are the Superbolt not in production any more or what? And is the superbolt a necessery upgrade?

Third: Is it possible to attach a Q-loader direct to the feedneck, without using any hose? Plese post pictures where people has done so, or plese tell exactly how they have done.

I think that's all for this time.

Cheeers,

Martin Pronby
Gothenburg Aftermath
Sweden

(I have read so much about a certain kind of banana so I MUST USE ONE MYSELF :dance: )

trains are bad
01-02-2005, 08:12 AM
You most likely will not be shooting faster than 12 bps on a legal automag.

the superbolt is junk. Xvalves come with the LX bolt which is the best.

I personally hate the ULT.

Bear_Claw
01-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I have a sound analisis of me shooting my STOCK MINIMAG at 9bps :wow: . But i would not be able to shoot like that in a game as i was not shooting normal but rather holding the gun with my left hand and useing my wrist and finger to pull the trigger. My best BPS on my MiniMag shooting normal with the singal trigger was only 6bps.

trains are bad
01-02-2005, 11:34 AM
when I had an xvalve, actually holding the grip and pulling the trigger in a normal fashion with one finger, which was my preferred technique, yeilded about 10bps...in bursts. With the regular on/off.

frischtr
01-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Third: Is it possible to attach a Q-loader direct to the feedneck, without using any hose? Plese post pictures where people has done so, or plese tell exactly how they have done.

Check with Z-man... He has done this in many of his videos, though mainly for testing purposes...

http://www.zakvetter.com

Pronby
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Allright, thanks for the answers. Now I know a little more.

Z-man
01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Allright, thanks for the answers. Now I know a little more.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162165

That is what we used for mounting the Q.

As for speed, well tourney legal speeds are lmited to about 16bps or so. I say limited by human ability and the charicteristics of that trigger. If you use rapid-fire.. well you can outrun just about anything out there.

DyeHero
01-02-2005, 05:57 PM
For your first question, I have hit burst speeds of 14 bps with my tricked mag. Second ULE's are great, all the upgrades you need. Third the bolt on the X-valve is the best there is.

Pronby
01-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Well, thanks again guys.

As for speed, well tourney legal speeds are lmited to about 16bps or so. I say limited by human ability and the charicteristics of that trigger. If you use rapid-fire.. well you can outrun just about anything out there.

Z-man: so you mean that my friends talk about 11-12 bps is just bull****?

*edit* I checked out the link you gave me, and that's quite cool. But is there any way to skip the extra feedneck or whatever it was to make i lower? And have you done the same thing but with marker that has a warpfeed? *edit*