PDA

View Full Version : Drop

B.A.M.
01-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Thinking of gettin a drop for mag. Is it really worth it cuz my tank is kind of uncomfortable but i cn deal with it.

FireITup14
01-02-2005, 06:28 PM
when i got my rt pro i had just a standard asa on it and it was a little uncomfy, i had to like put the tank on my shoulder which didnt work out. i got a custom cylinder drop which only put my tank up like 3 inches or less and that was uncomfy too so i finally found a unimount and put that on it and it is perfect. It puts my tank right where i can rest it on my shoulder.

B.A.M.
01-02-2005, 09:06 PM
if i remember correctly doesnt a uni mount angle the tank almost all the way up. Yes i was thinking about getting it but i just didn''t like the feel.

Skywalker
01-02-2005, 09:15 PM
if i remember correctly doesnt a uni mount angle the tank almost all the way up. Yes i was thinking about getting it but i just didn''t like the feel.

No, that's the endo cradle.

B.A.M.
01-02-2005, 09:18 PM
ah
then what is the uni mount thing

Skywalker
01-02-2005, 10:38 PM
http://www.checkitproducts.com/html/unimount.htm

I hear good things about them, but it's not my cup of tea.

AnArchist_1944
01-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Uni's suck couple of my team mates have em and complane everyday.

Chronobreak
01-02-2005, 11:10 PM
drops,cradles, etc its all pref

find something that puts the tank out of the way for your playing style

or well balnced

w/e is most important to you as a player.

btw im a fan of the endo and fbm wedge drops check em out
but be warned theyr not for everyone

tony3
01-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Get a rail and on off asa or a unimount. Look on bradyspaintball.com they sell hybird push button style unimounts. They are really nice. Don't get a drop, they will make your setup taller(not that it matters with a warp). They will also make it harder to shoot faster because you are all crunched up. You can also hold your gun more stable because you aren't all bunched up but spread out.

Enemy
01-03-2005, 07:00 AM
the really big disadvantage to a drop setup is that your arm rests on the tank with unis you arm fits in the gap between grip frame and tank! this makes it easier to stay tight as your elbow isnt out all the way! again useless point if your running a warp!

warbeak2099
01-03-2005, 07:09 AM
As long as it's a mag the uni should feel great. Mine is really comfortable on my mag. But they aren't perfect for everything. On longer guns like timmies and tippmanns they feel horrible. Try a few things though and see which you like the best.

Little_Ho
01-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi there,
i have an adjustable Drop with on/off. i love it because of the 2 sizes of Tank i have.
It is an Category5 Drop.

Here is an pic......http://mitglied.lycos.de/pezipezi/America/Paintball/Marker/!!!Special%20Mag!!!/Side%20view%20without%20WF%20and%20Air.JPG

Little_Ho

B.A.M.
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
i dont want to get a huge grip but just like a medium sized one. but does someone have a pic of a uni mnt on a gun.

slade
01-03-2005, 04:38 PM
its all personal preferance, i like a unimount. I have the one in the link above and love it, its great quality too. dont get the category 5 one, i had one and it shattered after a little bit... the thing came loose about 5 times, even after using epoxy, and then broke twice.

Little_Ho
01-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi
well if you dont like o huge one get an Unimount. I have one on my YMag and i love it it is very nice and a tide setup too.
It is all up to your preference.

Little_Ho