PDA

View Full Version : fine tuning ult?

FreakBaller12
01-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Just got a ult need to turn it into sex. I know I need to add shims, do I add them down the powertube like I would with level10?

Andrew Cunje
01-02-2005, 07:01 PM
yo, start with 4 ult shims, that is wat most people use

how u put them in is you take the ult mod, hold it and unscrew the top have from the bottom, be careful with the pin, if u bend that little sucker its time to invest in a new ult kit :)

drop 4 shims in and close it up, make sure its nice and greazy, pop it in and let the fun times roll :shooting:

FreakBaller12
01-02-2005, 07:03 PM
at the bottom of the on/off assembly?

edit: how do I get the top half off the bottom? I see where the shims need to go now.

Alpha
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
It should unscrew a bit, but be gentle. Push the pin down from the top and it should come out easier. IT comes apart in two halves.

spyder_technician
01-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Wait, you add the shims in between the two parts of the ULT kit? I wish the directions had been a little more clear!!! Is that really the place you're supposed to put them?

Andrew Cunje
01-05-2005, 10:50 PM
the top half of the ult mod (on/off) unscrews from the bottom half with very little force needed

be careful with that little pin because if u bend it its time for a new ult :) they dont sell the replacemtn because of this.

just drop them inbetween the halves and then screw it back together and pop it back into the valve....

thats all there is to it buddy, dont be scared when taking apart ur valve just be gentle...its the only way u will learn to work with it! :)

i was new to them about 2 years ago but i eventually got to rebuilding my 68 and now im on my xvalve and its a king :) they are the easiest to work with once u just learn...if u ever have any tech questions u can ask me or anyone else and if i dont know i will ask Rob Hoover or pevs paintball fairfax who is a certified mag tech

hope this helps you! :headbang:

spyder_technician
01-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Well, I have had a classic mag w/ lvl X & Intelli for about 6 months and fell in love with them. I have a custom E-mag that I made with Xvalve and ULT and its been giving me some bolt stick problems every 20-50 shots or so. I came to the conclusion after much oiling and tuning of the LX that it must be the ULT and I needed to add shims. I've had the ULT for almost 2 months, and, for the life of me, I have always assumed that the shims just slip in under the whole thing assembled. It never gave me any problems until I upgraded to the Xvalve so I never had any reason to mess with it. Thanks for the help, and I'll see if this does me any good.

Yabb0
01-06-2005, 07:52 AM
i have a new ULT on my stock micromag valve atm. i have 4 shims and have ordered more. i love custom tuning my mag. i have the pull down to about 10 onces atm. it bounces a little so i thought if i stuck more shims in it it might work better i will see friday when they come in.