PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Question Again sorry!!

Bear_Claw
01-03-2005, 08:11 PM
I have a Center Feed MiniMag and i just ordered a Mag SP progressive barrel and it never mentioned what it was for Right/Power/Centerfeed actually any were i look never gives you the option for a mag style twist lock barrel. Now im am kinda worried cause i know Center feeds are not as common as the other types. My current barrel seems too work fine on my mag but has more you can twist and seems to be setup for a left feed ( hole in body on right side of gun) but is still locked firmly inplace when lined up for my center feed. Do i have to cancel my order or will the new barrel work the same as my current one. Thanx and again all. Sorry for the newb question but i have never owned any markers other than my tippys iv had for a LONG time.

Bear_Claw
01-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Any body soory too keep pestering but i want too know befor its too late to cancel and switch the order. Thanx

NewMagMan21
01-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Im confused you mean centerfeed like the ULE. I've never seen a fitting twist lock barrel for ULE style bodies. If thats what you have you may have to cancel

JRingold
01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
I am going to make some assumptions here, being that your CF Mag, is a Twist Lock mag, and not Cocker Threaded. The Twist Lock barrels usually are made to work regardless of the location of the feed into the mainbody (with the exception of the Warp, I've never used a Warp body). So while the twist lock barrel may be designed for a Hopper left or Hopper Right, with a 1/4 turn rather than a full turn it should still work fine with a center feed. You may just have to ensure that the feed is lined up with the hole in the barrel...

JRingold
01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Im confused you mean centerfeed like the ULE. I've never seen a fitting twist lock barrel for ULE style bodies. If thats what you have you may have to cancel

Yes, there were some Center feed mainbodies that weren't ULE's nor Cocker Threaded. You can actually buy one unfinished at store.airgun.com currently...

NewMagMan21
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Ohhh I get it yeah exactly what he said ^^^^ :)

Bear_Claw
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Cool Thanx that what i though but i was not too shure it shuld work the same as the one i have now then you just gota line it up properly befor putting the hopper on thanx for the help.

And yeah its just a Minimag body with a Vertical feed. Heres a Pic

http://www.hunt101.com/img/228408.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/228399.jpg

JRingold
01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Those were/are nice. I just thought the feedneck sat too high, or I would get one from store.airgun.com currently.

codeman35
01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Just get a doc's barrel converter, it works great. I love mine. I have the SS center feed body(no rise).