PDA

View Full Version : Automag pistol- Sydarm substitute, help me build/design

automikey
01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm looking to create an automag pistol, a substitute for the Sydarm. I'd like it to be very light, with ULE or carbon fiber parts, or maybe custom milling to reduce weight. It should run off CO2, probably a 4 oz tank mounted below the handle and no gas-thru-grip/ASA in front of the trigger. Could possibly have the tank mounted where the gas-thru-grip/ASA is mounted. I'll use a 40-50 round hopper, center feed and low profile feed neck, and a 6-8 inch barrel. Please give me any input you have, and if you have parts to sell let me know.

Muzikman
01-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I would use a female stab mounted below the grip.

jon-boy
01-03-2005, 10:14 PM
I've got an older PTP Armson barrel, and my first thought when I got it was "that looks like a pistol barrel... (it came with a marker I bought)
It's pretty nicked up on the outside, but the inside (rifled) is pristine. I can send pics if you're interested.
$14 shipped.
LMK
Jon

kurama
01-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm trying to do the same as you :D

I plan to use a 4-6 inch barrel on it (I have a 6 inch SS barrel, but I'm looking for an alluminum one..), a sanded Stainless Steel body with the right-feed removed and a 10 or 15 round steel stock-feed tube with cap, spring, etc. Both back-bottle 8oz and a 3.5oz co2 on my ASA, depending on my mood. For backbottle, I will put an asa cap and use it as a tiny grip. For co2 vetrical, I will hold it pistol-style. Carbon-fiber frame, and I'm chopping the crappy double-trigger the prev owner used into a single. The biggest hurdle is finding an alluminum barrel that is small enough. Stainless makes it so front heavy!

So far, I have everything but a trigger, stock-feed and a 3.5oz co2.

Hope it helps you choose a setup =D