PDA

View Full Version : Has AGD forgotten about its Warp users?

Lord_Whoopass
01-04-2005, 01:02 AM
I am hoping that New management brings about a revival of the 'mag... And hopefully these two items will be released because of it...

I would love to see Warp Slugs and a new board for the Warp feed come out...
I mean TK said that warp slugs would come... and that was over a year ago... And warp slugs could have many different uses for tournament and scenario uses... What a better way to scope down targets than utilizing a warp to have your scope right on the top of your gun... or in tournament ball, what better way to get rid of those pesky hopper shots...

And by a new warp board I mean one that comes with an On/off switch and 12v mod standard... and with a better way to keep the battery wires sodered to the board... lol had my mag go down in a tourny cuz the battery connector came off my warp board... If you could make the new board a drop in kit that you could purchase at the AGD online store, I am sure alot of people who own Warps would purchase one... plus prolly people would buy new warps with the new board...

Just wondering what the other AOers and my fellow warp users thought... And I mean I have seen warp feeds being used on all kinds of guns, not just the Mag... So a new board wouldnt be a bad idea to keep up with those faster guns out there...

Muzikman
01-04-2005, 01:22 AM
There are a few people who do Warp mods. It would be pretty easy for AGD to put in switches and not that hard to make it run on 18/12v. But PTP makes a harness that works just as welll.

I don't think they really need to come out with a "new" board...just update what they got. My guess is that the warp wasn't selling good enough to add the extra cost to production.

trains are bad
01-04-2005, 02:25 AM
An long as there are enough in circulation for me to get one, I don't care. I'd just as soon they lay low and the paintball world forget about the warp feed, because I enjoy shooting other people's hoppers tremendously.

Chronobreak
01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
hmm i made a somewhat similir post a while abck about things i think the warp needed to have.

my first and main gripe was that it wasnt 12 vlt ready. 16~ bps is pretty slow for most people ex since the warp can slip or lag too.

and i very much disliked wire harness...wires? come on agd. we need a pop in battery system like the revvies have and or most NORMAl electrnoics ie tv remotes ,remote controls blah blah blah

yes ive been PATIENTLY waitinf for warp slugs(as i know some others have too ( ;) ;) colin)
tom said they were coming with/right after tacones..tac ones have been ehre..whata re we waiting for? i sincerely hope agd doesnt drop the warp that would be awful.

i really think the warp could stil be soo much more than it is if implemented right.

i would really like to see what this warp 2 idea of toms is and how that works or would be an improvement but maybe h=just revamping the old warp would be enough...heck its been what 4-5 years since its been out already? hmm maybe not that long

:chant

WARP SLUGS WARP SLUGS WARP SLUGS

luke
01-04-2005, 03:49 PM
WARP SLUGS WARP SLUGS WARP SLUGS
Ditto-Ditto-Ditto-Ditto-Ditto-Ditto :headbang:

tony3
01-04-2005, 04:15 PM
The warp really isn't all that popular of an item and I don't think adding an on off switch and making it faster will promote new users. When kids see tourney players playing how many use warps, close to none. Warps just aren't all that popular.

Chronobreak
01-04-2005, 04:49 PM
The warp really isn't all that popular of an item and I don't think adding an on off switch and making it faster will promote new users. When kids see tourney players playing how many use warps, close to none. Warps just aren't all that popular.

because agd doesnt pay people to use warps :eek:

warps were emant for mags and dont fir on some gun well(they stickup alot with the elbow )

some people are afrid to try new things, heck even i thought the warp was a useless gimmick till i tried one. i was like woah

some people just prefer the hopepr ontop ..for me i dont like it because it tends to wanna tilt the gun out or in.(off balance when anyway but vert)

mags are also not popular...although some beg to differ

how can an accesory be popular for a gun that isnt? btw thers ALOT fo non mag warp users out there. people with shockers even :eek:

for those who have had the cahnce to use them i would say the majority like them and either dont have the $ for it or just personaly dont like it for w/e reason.

also tourney players use w/e is given to them or cheapest...usualy ;)

theres alot of reasons warps arent very common..some of the above and more the main fact is that agd in p-ball is a no name company that doesnt advertise....

hoe can people know about soemthing or try it out when its not around?

and on a sidenot there are 4-5 warp suers at my local field

tony3
01-04-2005, 05:00 PM
I won't say agd is a no name company. AIM is a no name company that few people outside of the internet know about. AGD is a well known company that really doesn't do all that much in the tourney scene. Not dissing AGD but it is true, nothing wrong with that though.

Chronobreak
01-04-2005, 05:06 PM
yeah what i mean is...theyl ask what kinda of hopper is that...or whastup with that thing(warp) they have no clue what it is what it dies or how it works, infact i found some of the people that dis them have never tried them before or knew how they work :mad:

kinda like mags are for **** blah blah blah crap

if they dont recognize my gun theyl ask what si that ,timmy,spyder,shocker w/e?

when i say automag they are like .. :confused: (wel smot people)

then i tell them agd makes them their like who..

beleive me not many people know about mags...i also agree there less popular companies but agd is one of them.

--edit also the UBER lack of tournament support has also not helped

Crazy
01-04-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't think manufacturing a product for 30 people on the internet is a way for a comany to make a profit.

Blazestorm
01-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I was going to say about the same thing Crazy, but I didn't want to sound like an *** ;)

Honestly guys, AGD is an awesome company, just very very outdated... including all of the products they manufacture... the Tac-One is what they should concentrate on, and sell that at scenarios and for rec-ballers.

:cool:

Lord_Whoopass
01-05-2005, 01:16 AM
However my point is that the Warp slugs can be used in the Scenario market as well... because people like to be able to scope up their gun right down the barrel... and with a warp slug you could make something like a tac-one, just in warp form... for the Scenario-rec ballers...

Crazy
01-06-2005, 03:03 AM
I was going to say about the same thing Crazy, but I didn't want to sound like an *** ;)

eh, thats me

WARPED1
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
in tournament ball, what better way to get rid of those pesky hopper shots...
So, instead of a hopper hit, you get hit in the chest or mask even if heads down enough?