PDA

View Full Version : 'Greg Hastings' demo videos... from ghtp.net

digitard
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey,
I'm working with Greg and WXP on an 'official site' for the Greg Hastings series of games. It has tips and tricks, downloads, forums, upcoming interviews from players involved, exclusive content from WXP and all sorts of goodies. Its in its 'building' stages still, but its coming along. We have 2 ENORMOUS announcements coming in the next 2 weeks. I'll tell ya 1 is a contest to win yourself some free stuff from greg, wxp and so forth. The 2nd I'm keeping low, but when ya hear if you're online playing a lot you will wanna get in on this. THe 'prize' is insane.

One thing we found fun was to get some actual LIVE games and build em into mini-demo's so if you dont have the game, or just want something fun to watch, you can download em and check it out. The 2 that we have now are 'rough' copies. The first one was me just trying ot see how well it recorded and came out in PC resolution. The 2nd was me just using the rest of the clips from that first session. We plan to record once a week and put up demo's at least once every 2 weeks.

Here are the links, if ya have any further info shoot me a PM or hit up the forums at www.ghtp.net and I'll get back to ya.

VIDEO 1: Both links current are 'high' quality large downloads. The lower quality smaller ones are coming soon.
QUICKTIME: http://www.ghtp.net/downloads/demo1_high.mov
WMV 9: http://www.ghtp.net/downloads/demo1_test.wmv

VIDEO 2: Lower quality download right now but the QUICKTIME and high res downloads will be available shortly.
WMV 9: http://www.ghtp.net/downloads/demo2_low.wmv

FOR YOU PS2 OWNERS. There's an announcement coming from WXP in the near future that concerns the GHTP franchise and PS2. So stay tuned for that.

RamboPreacher
01-05-2005, 10:29 AM
still waiting for the version that doesn't make you practice cheating to get throgh the tutorial and that you can disable the cheat meter in non-network play.

I bought an xbox just for this game. I didn't get very far before it required me to cheat, so didn't get very far. I had to go by some other xbox games. :)

digitard
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Well the 'tutorial' makes ya use every aspect of the controller so ya know what it is... thats expected with games.

If ya dont want to use the meter in normal play simply dont hit the button when it comes up, after a moment it just auto calls you out.

But if ya got o ghtp.net and put it in the 'ideas for ghtp 2' thread WXP pops in and looks at it here/there.

Cougar
01-05-2005, 12:45 PM
You need a faster server.

digitard
01-05-2005, 01:22 PM
I have no trouble with the server. Its a dedicated webserver housed in a Houston datacenter so its centrally located. The box is a webserver only, and its owned by myself, so its not overloaded with sites.

It reaches my normal download speeds at home, but I'll run it from work (where I average 700K a second) and see its speeds.

Caffiend
01-06-2005, 01:31 AM
the d/l speed was fine for me.