PDA

View Full Version : A salute to a fallen brother

Smoke
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
TOWN OF BURLINGTON - A 30-year-old Racine man was killed Friday after his snowmobile fell through the ice on Browns Lake, Racine County sheriff's officials said.

Eric C. Ison, of 1308 Main St., went through the ice at about 10 a.m. Friday. Several people called 911 to report the accident. Initial reports also said that several people were in the water, including some people who attempted to rescue the snowmobile operator.

Divers from the Racine County Water Rescue Response Team later found him in 10 to 15 feet of water about 300 yards north of Fischer Park, according to a county Sheriff's Department news release.

He was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital in Wauwatosa, where he was pronounced dead. Funeral services are pending at Maresh-Meredith and Acklam Funeral Home in Racine.

Browns Lake is located along Highway 11 just east of Burlington.

The accident remains under investigation by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the Racine County Sheriff's Department and the Town of Burlington Police Department.

Agencies that responded include: Town of Burlington Fire Department, Burlington Area Rescue Squad, Racine County Sheriff's Department, Mount Pleasant Fire Department, Tichigan Fire Co., the DNR and the Racine Fire Bells.

Eric Ison, known to his friends as Po, was one of those rare people you come across in life. He never had anything negative to say about anything or anyone, and simply being in the same room with him made people happy. He was an extraordinary man and a damn fine paintballer, playing for the now disbanded AGD-X (an AGD sponsored team for a breif period of time) and faithfully sticking to his Automag for years. He taught me alot about the game and even after months of not playing he could put the hurt on almost anyone.

Words cannot describe the emptiness I feel inside, for there will never again be another Po. All the staff at Blackrain Paintball in Racine, Wisconsin loved Po to death, and he will be missed every time the words 'game on' are said.

To those whos lives were touched by Po, mourn for him. But more importantly, mourn for yourselves, for you will never again see his warm smile or feel the sting as he bunkers you.

You lived the life of a good man Po, and we will meet again one day on warm sands under a clear blue sky. May your soul be at rest, and may you watch over us. You will never be forgotten.

On behalf of the staff and players of Blackrain Paintball,

Chris "Smoke" Brooks

Mr. Mouse
01-04-2005, 06:57 PM
:wow: :cry: *salutes*

amrani
01-04-2005, 07:01 PM
i seccond mouse

doubble :cry:

AutomagRT1483
01-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Im gonna miss you PO.

:(

SpecialBlend2786
01-04-2005, 07:48 PM
:(
my condolences and commiserations

penguinpunk555
01-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I remeamber him helping me out with my mag one day.... He was a really friendly guy. Always helpful and nice.... Great lose to the world

JoshK
01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
*Hears "taps" playing in the background* This stinks...and I never had the privlage of playing him, or even seeing him. I feel real bad now. :(

evan123
01-04-2005, 09:16 PM
That sucks.

thelane
01-04-2005, 09:28 PM
oh dude this sucks you guys helped a new magger'*salutes* only got to play with him a couple a times he was realy nice..i think he bunkerd me once but wow ..hey its the guy with the purple hopper smoke

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril

:headbang: rock on in heaven po :headbang:

MedicDVG
01-04-2005, 09:32 PM
That sucks... My prayers are with his family and friends..
Sounds like we may have to lift a glass or two in his honor on the 22nd..

Smoke
01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Thank you all for the kind words, I know Po would appreciate it. We plan on doing something in honor of him tomorrow at the field, and possibly the next tourney. I will post pics of him when I receive them, most of them being when he played for AGD-X.

Evil1
01-05-2005, 03:13 AM
My condolences and prayers will go out to him and his family. It always sucks twice as much when a fellow baller passes away.

rifleman wi
01-05-2005, 12:38 PM
i didnt know Po but i do know smoke and AutomagRT.. im sorry for your and his familys loss :(

Ken
01-05-2005, 10:36 PM
*SALUTE* to a fallen baller. *Tear*
Ken