PDA

View Full Version : new to automags

929RR-MAN
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have never owned an Automag. I have researched the heck out of Automags and so far have not heard many bad things about them. From everything I have read they seem to be just as reliable as a tippmann, and all I have used is tippmann products, which have been very good to me. I am thinking about getting the Tac One automag (I play in a lot of woodsball/scenerio games) so I think this one would be just fine for what I want. I do have a few ?'s and if anyone can answer them I would be very grateful. Here goes---Tac One comes with the reactive trigger, which if i'm not mistaking, is the same concept as the response trigger from tippmann???trigger bounce??? The field I mostly play at doesn't allow response triggers and makes everyone turn them off b4 they play. Can you turn off the reactive trigger on the tac one? Also I have heard that the reactive trigger doesn't work right out of the box on the tac one, don't know if thats true or not?

Any feedback on my ?'s will be greatly appreciated and also any other info on the tac one would be great also.

Thankyou

urbansix
01-04-2005, 11:53 PM
The trigger is reactive in the sense that it has no spring, a gas piston pushes it back. To sweet spot it to go full auto you have to do several things including adding a set screw and cranking your input pressure way up - over 900 PSI. So really in stock configuration the reactiveness is only a trigger return feature. The way it kicks back it feels like you could sweet spot it to rapid fire, but it is really hard/impossible to do without the above mods. Also, not to be confused with the Auto Response settings on some E-grips which fire once for pull and once for realease - 2 shots per trigger pull. This gun does not do that.

If you invest in the ULT trigger mod, you get a ultra-light trigger (ULT, get it?) pull, which eliminates any "bounce" feel or heavy push-back on the trigger. You can feel the pin resetting the trigger but it is much lighter and not something you could call "reactive".

I just got a T1 for scenario play, my first Mag, as well. It is rock solid reliable from my experience so far. The machining and construction quality will blow you away, espacially compared to a Tippmann. I respect tippmans for their reputation for ruggedness, but holding one after holding/shooting a Mag feels like holding a caveman club vs. a fine engineered machine. They are very nice, yet solid. I like them alot.

929RR-MAN
01-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Thankyou very much urbansix, that makes a lot more sense to me now.

Enemy
01-05-2005, 02:28 AM
^^^its not that hard to get a reactive mag!! but to detune the reactivity you can get a ult at the cost of possibly shortstroking which isnt that big of a deal with lvl 10 with that look for a trigger pull around 15 oz. now if you dont want that just use less than 850 psi and dont sweetspot! even at 850 it still can be done it just takes effort! any other questions id be happy to answer! oh and if you feel you can get away with reactivity then 1000 psi does really well!

929RR-MAN
01-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Thankyou Enemy, I appreciate the response. I'm soaking up all the info I can get

Rift
01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
I dont see why the Tac wouldnt work right out the box iv never heard about this before but if somone has had personal experiance with that im sure they will say something. As far as the reactivity gose, its all based on your tanks input pressure. If you want to have a bouncy mag you will get the best results from an adjustable tank. But since in your case you dont want that i see no reason for it. As long as you have a preset tank that has an ouput pressure of 700 and above (most people run theres at 800psi and more so that the valve has a nice recharge rate) then you should be fine and have no bounce. I personally run mine at 800psi and it has a nice crisp feel with no bounce. Hope that helps.

Skoad
01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
the only thing that can really go haywire for a tac out of the box will be the level 10. And that usually is an easy fix, but may not last very long as the orings get worn in.

929RR-MAN
01-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks Rift--yea, I think it may have been a problem with that guy's gun, just wasn't sure if they all came like that, when I get my tac one i'll test it out @ 800 psi, sounds like a good number to run at.
Also, thanks Skoad, didn't know that the lvl 10 had to be broken in and adjusted again