PDA

View Full Version : More Trendy: DM4 or Timmy

dyerules
01-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Well I'm having a debate with my one friend about all the new electro markers out there. After shooting a mag for 5 years I finally decided to get a dm4 for a change but kep my mag of course. Question is, what is more trendy a DM4 or Timmy. Peronally i htink shockers are the most trendy now but lets just keep it to these two. And yes I've become trendy.

Twitch04
01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
i say the dm4 is more trendy then either shocker or timmy because they are the newest and most common. the timmy and shockers have been out for a while and are still being bought witch means no more trend and dm4's are kinda flavor of the month till a new gun comes out that everyone starts buying.

$bobo$
01-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Well I'm having a debate with my one friend about all the new electro markers out there. After shooting a mag for 5 years I finally decided to get a dm4 for a change but kep my mag of course. Question is, what is more trendy a DM4 or Timmy. Peronally i htink shockers are the most trendy now but lets just keep it to these two. And yes I've become trendy.

I think dm*'s perform better then timmys but timmys are considered more trendy cause of all the different milling options.

magman007
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
the dm's are more trendy, as more pros are using them. lets count what nxl teams are using them

legacy
ironmen
trauma
aftershock
newyork extreme

and that should be it. dm4/5's are everywhere, and they are magnificient markers, easy to fix if a problem ever does arrive, reliable, etc etc

$bobo$
01-05-2005, 03:26 PM
the dm's are more trendy, as more pros are using them. lets count what nxl teams are using them

legacy
ironmen
trauma
aftershock
newyork extreme

and that should be it. dm4/5's are everywhere, and they are magnificient markers, easy to fix if a problem ever does arrive, reliable, etc etc

we're talking about trendiness, not performance.

Torbo
01-05-2005, 03:51 PM
id say intimidators, because relativly few teams are sponsored to shoot intimidators. Dye on the other hand, sponsors more teams that i could count. To me, that means timmys are more of a grassroots thing.

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I can see this thread turning into somethin i wasnt intended to be really soon......

Eatem Alive
01-05-2005, 04:15 PM
i think it depends on which part of the country you live in. out here in nor cal, timmys are trendy because of the close proximity of bob and his assassins but dm4's are gaining more popularity. i couldn't decide so i have one of each.

Glickman
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
ill take functional over trendy any day :)

but over here in ny, dm4's are much widely used compared to timmies

Mr. Mouse
01-05-2005, 05:53 PM
mmm i have to say i like my shocker but probabley timmy's are more trendy

firebanex
01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
most definatly timmys up here in alaska, i've only seen 3 or 4 DM4's in the state so far.

toolfan62
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
i think it depends on which part of the country you live in. out here in nor cal, timmys are trendy because of the close proximity of bob and his assassins but dm4's are gaining more popularity. i couldn't decide so i have one of each.

show off :(

LittlePaintballBoy
01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah. Way to rub it in.

oneworld
01-05-2005, 07:28 PM
well... ive owned a timmy... it was ok... but i thought they were over rated..
so i got a mech cocker.. hated it... now i got a dm4...just cuz i love the no kick AT ALL and they out shoot a timmy by a long shot!..... so i think more people are hearing about that and the dm4 is becoming more trendy now...

BUT thats my ridiculas little opinion. ;)

68magOwner
01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
around here, many more matriceies/DM series than timmy's, and few shockers than either, i prefer my viking

WARPED1
01-05-2005, 08:17 PM
There was only 1 choice, so I didn't vote. There is no gun named Timmy, though there is a gun named In[/B]TIMI[/B]dator, which has the dumb nickname of Timi.............

White_Noise
01-06-2005, 01:23 AM
pending on where im at in WI, kenosha or madison, the marker of choice changes. in kenosha, mags and timmys as well as SP markers are the majority, whereas in madison it tends to be DM4's, matrixes, and cockers.

as for overall trendiness however, id have to say the timmy is byfar a more trendy marker just for the fact that a new milling comes out every month which people are willing to trade/ sell off their current timmy for even though the only thing they are changing is the look. there is some trading of dm4's for dm5's. but it isnt near as much.

personally, im planning on buying a dm4 probably sometime before summer. ive shot both dm4's and timmys, and i prefer the dm4. they shoot the same speed, dm4 just feels better.

silent running
01-06-2005, 02:09 AM
DM4, hmmm, the one time we played a challenge park last year, playing open game. we ran into to a couple of DM4's. Skill is an individual thing, but I thought you might get a kick out of this, we were playing the town, when a freind of mine worked his way around the back and took out a gentlemen with a DM4, big deal right. Well, he did it with that automag pistol, ironically the guy played on. In the mean time I was dueling it out with his brother, also with a DM4. I popped up and shot him through the window, there were ref's watching both of us. After the game he said I was pulling the curtain in front of me. At that, we had an exchange of words and the ref said nothing. I must be pretty good if I can operate a pump and move the curtain in front of me at the same time. One of them aliens with three arms, I was using my automag pump.
trendy and fashion seem to go hand in hand, soon they will be wearing the latest high heels. Not to say there is anything wrong with the markers, they my will be very good ones at that. Getting an edge has always been a part of competition, and sometimes it is in your mind. Getting the edge I think is part of that driving force, but then why act like girls?

LudavicoSoldier
01-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Egoooooooooooooo! :headbang:

Mr. Mouse
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
yea the ego is like a timmy but without the problems :)

nippinout
01-06-2005, 06:01 PM
They are both ugly. And who cares about trendy, if you want a gun with some class, get a PPS gun.

RenagadeOfFunk
01-06-2005, 06:23 PM
DM4 and a lot of new kid players are getting them...and since it looks like a nerf gun...

when i was in florida..i saw 5 dm4's (not a lot of peple at the field) and 4 out of the 5 were 13 OR YOUNGER!

DWill
01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
DM4 and a lot of new kid players are getting them...and since it looks like a nerf gun...

when i was in florida..i saw 5 dm4's (not a lot of peple at the field) and 4 out of the 5 were 13 OR YOUNGER!

Yeah I'm seeing that a lot now too, I wish my parents bought me paintball stuff when I was that age :(

WenULiVeUdiE
01-06-2005, 06:55 PM
DM4, mostly because there is more cheater software available for them. Or it at least seems that way.

FSU_Paintball
01-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm gonna have to say Timmies... their looks just screan "trendy". Not to mention, there's a million different variations of timmies out there, and they're all *exactly* the same except the way they look. Plus, they're not built all that well and all they really have in terms of performance is pure speed and lots of bounce. DM4s are very popular, but strike me as less trendy. They definitely shoot better than timmies - more quiet, better built, no recoil at all and therefore a bit more accurate - they shoot lasers. And in this area there's a lot more timmies than DM4s.

kramer
01-07-2005, 01:48 AM
I say that DM4's are trendy since they seem to be the 'flavor of the moment'.....I beleive that Timmys are more reliable so you will always see pros either having them and/or using them........just my 2 cents.......

must say that a big factor in my statement lies in the fact that I live like 15 miles away from Delta Paintball........

magman007
01-07-2005, 01:57 AM
I say that DM4's are trendy since they seem to be the 'flavor of the moment'.....I beleive that Timmys are more reliable so you will always see pros either having them and/or using them........just my 2 cents.......

must say that a big factor in my statement lies in the fact that I live like 15 miles away from Delta Paintball........

i dissagree... the timmy is no where near more reliable than a matrix, and if the trix did go down, 6 minutes to asses the leak, change the oring, and its all good again

FSU_Paintball
01-07-2005, 12:17 PM
^agreed^

Timmies have more problems in general than matrices do. And ususally any matrix problem is fixed by lubing/replacing an oring.

jgaudreau
01-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Definitely the DM4 by a long shot. I'm friends with two guys who are like 14, both shoot the same gun (brothers) and they always have whatever's trendy. First it was E-Bladed Cockers, now DM4's...although, one of them did just trade his cocker for a Timmy...but he sucks at life anyways. We play at another friend's house on a mixture speedball/woods field, and most people have 98's. The funny part is, one of the kids with the DM4 is always on the recieving end of bunkerings. Maybe he'll have better luck with a Timmy... :shooting:

Cliffio
01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
at chicago psp i saw more shockers than i expected, i didnt think there were going to be that many.

dm4s are popular, but they shoot good, timmys on the other hand....i dislike, but there are a ton of em.

its a fad, i can remember when everybody shot cockers and angels....seems like a long time ago.

personman
01-07-2005, 10:00 PM
They are both ugly. And who cares about trendy, if you want a gun with some class, get a PPS gun.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

But I've never acutally owned a palmer gun, just daydreamed about it :(