PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Mag Syndrome

punkncat
01-05-2005, 07:35 PM
What is it about mags?

You start off with one. Next thing you know you have enough parts left over from upgrading that you decide to make another out of the parts. Then you find a good deal on another one , a friend gives you one....Next thing you know the paintball closet is slap full of Mags and assorted leftover parts.

I had even thought to try and sell them away and they boomeranged back. :ninja:

WARPED1
01-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Sell me some parts, I'm trying to put together a mag for my bro, he turns 15 soon. :)

DiSoRdeR
01-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I built two mags so far, and already have plans for another. Its not just mags in general, Im a gun whore... Cant wait to see what happens when I get a job, lol.

Blennidae
01-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I was inflicted with MMS. I had at one time 4 mags. I was able to get treatment by trading 2 away. I eventually still had enough left over parts for 1 more. I was able to sell it off as well.
I still have 2, so I'm not completely cured, but I have it in control... :D

929RR-MAN
01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Yea, I know what your saying and I don't even have an automag yet, but will be ordering mine very soon(Tac One). I'm already thinking of getting a 2nd mag and completely customizing it myself, even though the tac one that I will be getting soon is pre-customized, it is nice to know sometimes that you did it all yourself. Call me crazy for saying these things without even owning one, but everything I have heard about mags is mostly positive. Paintball is my hobby and half the fun is working on/customizing 1 or 2 guns...or 3 or 4..or 5 or 6...etc. Plus you want to have good backups and you never know when a friend may come along for the day, you don't want them to get ticked because the rentals weren't shooting straight. Good Day To All.

P.S. I have diagnosed myself with multiple Tippmann syndrome and still hope to get an
a-5 after I get my tac one. Hopefully Multiple Mag Syndrome will cure Multiple Tippman Syndrome

11_Mile_TMaster
01-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I know the feeling. I have 2 Powerfeed Right bodies... one black, one Grey... a barrel to go with each... A spare rail, and spare trigger frame... (oooh, and a l7 bolt))

White_Noise
01-06-2005, 01:11 AM
right now, im down to only 3 mags(sfl, sydarm, karta/logic rt)

ive also owned: logic ule rt, classic rt, emag

other than a rail, i have enough parts in my gear bag to make another mag. though im selling the trigger frame tomorrow.(think i have my original from my rt classic laying around though...)

other than mags, ive only owned 1 piranha(little bro has it now), 2 cockers(currently have 1), and 2 nelspots(currently have). only other markers ill add to my collection are AKA markers or a DM4 now.

i think i have both MMS as well has being a gun whore.

Enemy
01-06-2005, 03:10 AM
there are 3 in my room and im going to start upping my brothers to use as my back up since he rarely plays after thats all said and done i should have all his parts back to him and 4 mags!!

Creative Mayhem
01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
I hear yah man... I have 2 sitting right here ready to go, 2 mag projects on the go and I just gave a Roguemag to my buddy for his birthday/xmas present. I want more!!! Scary.

Muzikman
01-06-2005, 01:34 PM
I have enough assorted Mag and Sheridan parts to choke a scrap yard:) I have more bodies, frames, rails, small parts than anything. I could use another 4 or so valves and field strip screws.

OmniM
01-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Simple... there are so many awesome accesories to the mag that you just cant let go :D ... you have to put em on! .. and viola, theres so many parts replaced that you can build a new one out of em ... its soooooo much fun :D :clap: :headbang:

... got a Omnimag in the works, and after that.... ah 68 Classic wich need some parts to replace... and yes, Im a mag whore too :D

Skoad
01-06-2005, 02:10 PM
its probably because there aren't many components to go into a mag (barrel, body, valve/bolt, rail, grip, sear)

So when you upgrade any one of those pieces, you have 1/6th of another mag! That and its gotta be the easiest marker to build from scratch.

BD_Paintball
01-06-2005, 02:10 PM
i was once inflicted but now i am down to just my pump mag. the mag that is the most fun to play with :ninja:

Vanced
01-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Viscious little circle isn't it...

At one time last year I had 6 at one time... 5 of my own and a 6th being finiaced by a friend for him built by me... and that isn't counting the other 4 markers I have...

So I started to work that number down... Sold , traded, etc... So... (( Tying to hit the right mix so you don't have too many extra parts laying around to tempt you to bad to build another ))

Funny they say their are not many mags at the fields theese days... but what people forget is the guy that you do see with one, probably has 2 more.. LOL...

Well I was back down to just 2 mags.. but but luckily stumbled into one of thoose deals you can't say no too... so back up to 3...

My old school Mini, my old standby the ever evolving Micro RT... and the latest edition on it's way to a new home... The-X... Sounds like a good mix...

For now... :rolleyes:

usmc8892
01-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I may have it under control finally...just need to finish my Tac One and I'll be good to go! (yeah right!!!)

SAW
01-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I have 4 markers. PGP, Phantom, Tac-1, ULE Custom (Xmas gift).
I'm a gun whore.

50 cal
01-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I have 4 mags. 1 E Mag, 1 RT Classic and 2 classic Lvl7 mags. I can't help myself, it's like AR15's. Each time you get one, you want another of a diferent configuration.

TAW
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello AO my name is TAW and I have MMS.

1 Sydarm
1 Sydarm Pump
1 Level 5 Automag
1 Automag
1 Prototype Field Rental Automag
1 Centerfire Minimag
1 Minimag Pump
2 Customized ULE Automags
4 RT Classics

68AutoMoose
01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
You guys are sick. I only have two mags, and I don't intend on purchasing anymore. Except for maybe a tac-one...or a sydarm, those are pretty cool. But thats it...really...

GT
01-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I had seven at one time
1 emag, partial ule
1 ule rtp's
1 minis
2 classic p/f
2 classic feed

I have cut that down to one emag and a bunch of parts. Thinking about building another mech.

_tMAN
01-06-2005, 09:02 PM
So far I have only owned one Mag. It was my first mag, an emag. T'was a beauty. My second one is in the mail and should be here soon! I can't wait.

purple
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
gah! I know!!! I bought a Tac One early november, was kinda depressed because i saw a used emag on the wall for the same price i payed for the tac and ULT. so i saved and bought the used emag. that wasnt good enough because of the stupid stovepipe feed on the thing, so I got a nickel ULE body, then the rail was still to heavy and i found a ULE milled rail on ebay for 59 so now that's on there. All this in less than a month of owning a mag!! now i want a fireblade, ccm carbon graphite kit, and ccm no rise angel feedneck and kila magnetic detent. WHATS WRONG WITH MEEEE!!! anyone have any need for a crown point, stovepipe CF emag body and emag rail? PM if you want to feed your obsession too

oh yeah, i jacked the tac one's x valve and put it on the emag, it's now weiging in at 2.65 pounds. not bad for a gun whose battery can jumpstart a semi

the great marvelous and rambling PURPLE

Creative Mayhem
01-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Hello AO my name is TAW and I have MMS.

1 Sydarm
1 Sydarm Pump
1 Level 5 Automag
1 Automag
1 Prototype Field Rental Automag
1 Centerfire Minimag
1 Minimag Pump
2 Customized ULE Automags