PDA

View Full Version : goggle help

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Raven NXV goggles or Dye Invision? Which offers the best view, and which offers the best bounce?

Lord Gabriel the Jacob

-=Squid=-
01-05-2005, 07:51 PM
If you want a mask good for bounces, don't get either. If you want a mask good for bounces, get a pro-flex.

Buuuut... If you are absolutely set on one of the two, get an invision.

SAW
01-05-2005, 07:52 PM
You can't go wrong with an Invision.

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
i just think the photchromatic lenses with the raven is total pimpness. Im not sure about the dye... its $30 more than the raven on sale, and for that cost I guess I could get a profiler... right?

Hey Squid, where in arkansas are you? I live in hot springs.

magman007
01-05-2005, 08:18 PM
screw both. the invision is made forkids as far as im concerned, way too small.. the nuvis, blows imho. grab a profiler or a proflex

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
oh snap, I just went to pbgear.com and did a little looking around... I found Raven Goggles for $40, JT Flex 7 Glacier Blue IZE for $35, and V Force Pro-Vantage for $40. :clap: I think I'll just pick up the flex-7 and V-force, one for rec, one for tournies. I guess thanks for yalls help?

-=Squid=-
01-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Don't get a flex-7, those are pure crap in comparison to a proflex. Just spend the extra 10 bucks for something that will never let you down.

I live in Flippin, near Harrison, Mountain Home, etc. Northern AR.

- Nicholas

Skoad
01-05-2005, 08:47 PM
flex7 is the same system except proflex has more "flexy" parts, like around the ear

-=Squid=-
01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
flex7 is the same system except proflex has more "flexy" parts, like around the ear
Different foam, different ear pieces, different lip, crappy ear pads, and ugly as crap.

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 09:11 PM
cool, where do you play? how far away is flippin from Hot Springs?

Who makes the proflex?

t33kyboy
01-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Who makes the proflex?

JT-USA

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Different foam, different ear pieces, different lip, crappy ear pads, and ugly as crap.

cant you change all of that out? I dont like the flex 7's lack of protection.

-=Squid=-
01-05-2005, 09:28 PM
cant you change all of that out? I dont like the flex 7's lack of protection.
By the time you changed it all out you would have spent about 70 for the same mask as a 45 dollar proflex.

Its about 2.5-3 hours from Hot springs.

- Nicholas

Gabriel
01-05-2005, 09:32 PM
By the time you changed it all out you would have spent about 70 for the same mask as a 45 dollar proflex.

Its about 2.5-3 hours from Hot springs.

- Nicholas

snap. I still do like the better protection of the flex 7. I just went to the JT USA website to look at the proflex. I had seen them all over Facefull, but I thought they were just cut-down flex 7's.

We'll have to play sometime, eh?

magman007
01-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Don't get a flex-7, those are pure crap in comparison to a proflex. Just spend the extra 10 bucks for something that will never let you down.

I live in Flippin, near Harrison, Mountain Home, etc. Northern AR.

- Nicholas

Sorry Squid, but you are wrong. THe proflex just has the soft ears, proteus frames, and the chinstrap. that is the only difference. the flex 7 is amazing, no doubt about it. and its cheeper because it isnt called the proflex. grab a flex 7 and dont look back.

-=Squid=-
01-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Sorry Squid, but you are wrong. THe proflex just has the soft ears, proteus frames, and the chinstrap. that is the only difference. the flex 7 is amazing, no doubt about it. and its cheeper because it isnt called the proflex. grab a flex 7 and dont look back.
Uhh... What? No, I am not wrong. I own 2 Pro-flex masks, and 2 Flex 7

Both flex-7 contain - hard sides and ear foam which can be seen in the pics
different inner lining foam
different flex piece (more rubbery, and ugly)

They are entirely different minus the goggles. (im talking about last years proflex, this years proflex are even more different because they have a different frame)

What are you talking about man?

- Nicholas