PDA

View Full Version : Ricochets: which one?

j.storm
01-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Ok folks, I'm looking to buy a new hopper and I definately want a Ricochet.

Question: Which Ricochet is the best? 2k or Apache?

Question: What is the difference between the apache lcd and led? Just timer?

I'm looking for fast and reliable. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Yabb0
01-06-2005, 07:47 AM
if you want fast then go with a halo B

j.storm
01-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Naw, I've decided on Ricochet. Just need to narrow the field. Thanks though

osustevie
01-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Go with a AK it will serve you well. I have two of em.

personman
01-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Ok folks, I'm looking to buy a new hopper and I definately want a Ricochet.

I'm looking for fast and reliable. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Apache is faster. They wiegh about the same (apache is a little heavier because of the second 9v battery) the Apache sits JUST A LITTLE higher. When I say just a little i'm talking like 5 mm.

Go with the apache.

Yes. The apache lcd has a (worthless) LCD screen. LED just has a button.

DyeHero
01-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Go with the apache, 05 comes with a faster motor and new impeller.

Carbon Blue
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
do u have a link to the 05 by any chance? How can u tell the difference?

kdawg
01-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Go with the Apache.....it feeds much more reliably than the 2k and for just a little more $$$.

As for the difference between the LCD and LED version on the apache: it is basically the difference between the rico 2k and Ak......it just is an LCD with timer and such, which many people will never use.

MonsterMag
01-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Apachie , or a halo B :headbang:

personman
01-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Last time I checked the Halo B was not a type of Ricochet.. I could be wrong though :confused:

Tunaman
01-07-2005, 04:34 PM
I have a couple of Smoke Apache's here for cheap if you need one. Email me. Thanks! ;)

j.storm
01-08-2005, 11:34 AM
thanks for all the info, all

Andrew Cunje
01-08-2005, 11:37 AM
for the prices of hoppers today, just get a Q-loader....its possibly the best loader on the planet, check the videos, tru forcefeeding, and Z-man has some crucial videos also, i have a re-loader right now, but thats cause on special occasions do i ever cough it because im shooting to fast, but with my new tank its happening all the more often, so Q 4 me :) and its priced resonably ;) 80 bucks for starter kit, 130 for bundle kit

http://www.cunje.com/CunjeXmag.wmv :cheers:

MonsterMag
01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Last time I checked the Halo B was not a type of Ricochet.. I could be wrong though :confused:

If he wants a good , fast laoder than the Ricochet Apchie and the Odessey Halo B are the best out there ;)

personman
01-08-2005, 08:29 PM
if you want fast then go with a halo B

Naw, I've decided on Ricochet. Just need to narrow the field. Thanks though

Obviously he wants a ricochet over a halo b, he even said it.

I've owned both and I like the apache better.

Halos jam up too often, and unless you have a serious lack of skill, you should not need to fire over 18 bps in game.

phelix
01-09-2005, 10:00 PM
unless you have a serious lack of skill, you should not need to fire over 18 bps in game.

thats ridiculous, what if you're a back player?

personman
01-09-2005, 10:39 PM
First of all I'd be suprised if you could pull 18 bps, second of all, I still say 18 bps is plenty fast for a back player. Do you know how fast that is?

Heir Uwer
01-10-2005, 12:25 AM
yes most people think they need a super fast loader its all for show man just get an appache its not going to matter once you hit like 15 bps. most people dont even know what 20 bps is. get whta you likei do recommend the apache though im using a revvy on my shocker and i dont really have a problem with laning people. you dont need 18 bpw to keep them in a bunker.

SSMercury
01-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, it means you can empty a hopper in 10 seconds or so. Think about that. Or how about that that's about a dollar a second? :D

Man, paintball becomes QUITE an expensive sport then.

phelix
01-10-2005, 07:02 PM
yes most people think they need a super fast loader its all for show man just get an appache its not going to matter once you hit like 15 bps. most people dont even know what 20 bps is. get whta you likei do recommend the apache though im using a revvy on my shocker and i dont really have a problem with laning people. you dont need 18 bpw to keep them in a bunker.
you need a hopper with average 20bps because hoppers dont feed at the same speed. you need a certain bps buffer, sicne all hoppers spike and dive in speed. I.E. do you think anyone shoots over 6-8 bps with a single trigger non-ult mag? Well, my friend has oushot a reloader with one. thats a 14 bps hopper!! i've oushot my revy with my mech mag and cocker as well.