PDA

View Full Version : Semi-RApidfire on 850PSI with a ULT

Alpha
01-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure how many shims I have in my ULT, but right now, my gun is rapid firing like crazy. IT'll shoot off a good 5 or 6 round burst if I hold the trigger just a bit. And I can walk it like crazay.

The thing is, I'm using only 850PSI input into the gun. I thought it was impossible to get this effect when using that low a pressure on a ULT. Its crazy

Soopa Villain17
01-06-2005, 02:22 PM
im getting a tac one from tuna , im sending the m.o. out today , im getting the ult trigger kit with it , i also plan on getting the crossfire 114 3000 psi tank that puts out 850psi , will i be able to get rapid fire like you with it ?

Carbon Blue
01-06-2005, 03:27 PM
im getting a tac one from tuna , im sending the m.o. out today , im getting the ult trigger kit with it , i also plan on getting the crossfire 114 3000 psi tank that puts out 850psi , will i be able to get rapid fire like you with it ?

hmm not sure just because all valves and setups are different. Depending on how many shims were used your gun will most likely respond a little differently than his. On my xvalve with ULT with about 1000psi going into it i can only get it to bounce very little. Mabey i just need to get used to it???? hopefully because ive seen vids of classic valves with ult 's putting out a higher rof than my xvalve does :ninja:

FireITup14
01-06-2005, 04:13 PM
it probally just needs to be broken in. i could get crazy rapidfire with my new mag when i had my stock trigger frame on it.

Asym
01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Read the official ULT thread at the top. If you use too many shims you get what they term as runaway, extreem bounce reactivity. Some people don't want it some love it, you can do this on any valve by putting in too many shims. I can get mine like this on a classic running lower input pressures with CO2 and a ULT.

Carbon Blue
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
i have 7 shims in my ULT and it cant fit anymore and i have an adjustable tank. ahhh well hopefully it just does need to be broken in

Asym
01-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I had around 15 or 16 shims in a classic when it started to bounce. But to get rid of some of the shims I ground the pin down a little.

Z-man
01-06-2005, 10:48 PM
I discussed this in my revised rapid-fire pages here:

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/ult_rapid-fire.html

Alpha
01-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks Zak.. So its all in the shims? If I take one shim away I get a nice reactivity.. Not really enough to make the marker go on runaway, but enough so that the next time my finger hits the trigger, its ready.. And if I keep it how I have it now.. I get some CRAZY runaway.

Z-man
01-06-2005, 11:57 PM
more or less. The idea behind the ULT is to eliminate the bounce the stock on/off valve gives but ironically, people seem to use it more for bouncing than not bouncing.

Joni
01-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Also, when the ULT is new it will have wicked bounce/rapidfire. Give it 1000-2000 shots and it will calm down a lot. That's at least what I experienced with mine

alooney11
01-07-2005, 04:10 PM
I can also rapidfire with a ult, i currently have 6 shims in the ult. And i use an apoc2k at around 1100. This can be controlled you can shoot one shot, rapid fire, or fake walk the trigger. Its really nice but i want to try a regular on/off as well.