PDA

View Full Version : Need help for son

Quest1
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Hello all,

My son is looking to getting a new marker for the new year. Being the penny pincher that I am I am looking for the best deal. I came across this auction at e-bay wanted to know if it is a good deal or not. I am not as knowledgeable as all of you and would appreciate the help. Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47245&item=7125044719

Thank you all for the help

Chronobreak
01-06-2005, 04:32 PM
its a decent deal,if he doesnt want the warp and stuff you can prob get a better adeal n a diff gun.

i would see whne the tank is good til(hydro)

i wouldnt pay more than $275 max for everything there

Skoad
01-06-2005, 04:36 PM
?? its probably worth more than that.

Hyperframes themselves go for close to 200. Your problem is, you posted it on the forums :P

personman
01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Looks like an awesome deal to me.
I'd pay about $450-$500. Give or take a little.

Still got like 5 days left though, so It's going to go up. :)

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Thats a great deal but theres no way that its gonna stay at that price.

msprince
01-06-2005, 04:40 PM
If it works like it's promised, so far at the bid it's at , I believe it to be a really nice deal. If I was looking for another marker to add to the dozen or so we have I'd pick this one up. Just remember that whoever the highest bidder is might have bid a considerable amount more to insure that they are the winner. When/if you get it have a pro shop fix the funky set up on that steel braided hose though, it could get in the way and it just doesn't look good. It's nice for you to help your son get into the sport. Just start him out with the basics and as he falls in the love with the sport he can upgrade to whatever he thinks he wants or needs. This marker is pretty stacked though and with the compressed air system included I'd jump on it.

Steph Prince(ss)
MXS Staff writer
BlackCat Staff Writer
"The Cookie Lady"
Co-Captain Battle Born

Eric Cartman
01-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Thats a great deal but theres no way that its gonna stay at that price.

That's the truth. Great deal.

WARPED1
01-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Nice deal, wish I had the cash right now, I'd be all over it.

Enemy
01-07-2005, 03:56 AM
totall that deal is worth 450.. hyperframes are going for 200 and with the warp and tank that pushes it up there so yeah its a good deal!!

Sk8ermog
01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I have the same setup and love it.

http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/hyperwarp1.jpg

Mine has a warp body and matching blue rico2k hopper. I posted it for sale a few months ago for about $350 but didn't get too many offers. If you are looking for a good marker with a warp feed and everything like shown in the auction then let me know and I can sell you mine for a great price and I promise it works cause I turned it myself. If you get the ebay one and you need help with fixing it then let us know and we'll help

luke
01-07-2005, 09:28 AM
:) Sh8ter, you should have opted for the Warp Feed conversion on that body... ;)

the larch
01-07-2005, 09:42 AM
The marker is a good deal, but now that you have posted it on a website that specializes in that type of marker, it is probably going through the roof.
In the future, google search, www.pbreview.com and say nothing. Just observe. Everytime you say something on the net about an ebay auction, your helping the seller. Just so happens, I wonder if you might not be the seller yourself. (no offense please)
My rules of ebay.
1. ALWAYS check their feedback and what they have left for others.
2. Research anything by using it's make and model on google and other search engines.
3. If you ask questions about an item on a forum, NEVER reference the auction
4. ONLY bid once and bid in the last moment of the auction. The only bid that counts is the last one and bidding earlier than the last minute (last 15 seconds if you have a good connection) allows other people to decide to outbid you. When you bid early, you are just bidding against yourself.
5. If you have a fast connection. Open the auction in two windows in the last minutes. Set up your bid so all you have to do is send in one window and refresh constantly to watch the countdown in the other window. This way you can react to last minute bids.
6. PAY IMMEDIATELY and contact the seller IMMEDIATELY telling him/her on how much you are looking forward to the item and are eager to get it. This sets a standard by which the seller must match.

good luck

Quest1
01-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Everyone,

Thank you so much for your help, like I said before i do not know much about the sport of paintball. I took a chance by posting the auction on here but I think it was worth the risk. Larch, no offence taken, thank you for the helpful tips.

Eric Cartman
01-07-2005, 11:43 PM
The marker is a good deal, but now that you have posted it on a website that specializes in that type of marker, it is probably going through the roof.
In the future, google search, www.pbreview.com and say nothing. Just observe. Everytime you say something on the net about an ebay auction, your helping the seller. Just so happens, I wonder if you might not be the seller yourself. (no offense please)
My rules of ebay.
1. ALWAYS check their feedback and what they have left for others.
2. Research anything by using it's make and model on google and other search engines.
3. If you ask questions about an item on a forum, NEVER reference the auction
4. ONLY bid once and bid in the last moment of the auction. The only bid that counts is the last one and bidding earlier than the last minute (last 15 seconds if you have a good connection) allows other people to decide to outbid you. When you bid early, you are just bidding against yourself.
5. If you have a fast connection. Open the auction in two windows in the last minutes. Set up your bid so all you have to do is send in one window and refresh constantly to watch the countdown in the other window. This way you can react to last minute bids.
6. PAY IMMEDIATELY and contact the seller IMMEDIATELY telling him/her on how much you are looking forward to the item and are eager to get it. This sets a standard by which the seller must match.

good luck

You've done this before haven't you? I've never bid on anything before, but if I ever do, this seems like mighty sound advice. :cheers:

Glickman
01-07-2005, 11:47 PM
heh yea, theres the risk someone will see this here and try to compete for it, but i think for the majority, were pretty good natured here, that...

and most of us cant spend the money anyway :D