PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Tanks? Better Consistencies?

HyperSnyper
11-10-2001, 02:39 PM
Ok guys,
I am really thinking about swapping my tank and getting an adjustable.

Right now, I have a gutted Reg with Palmer as my velocity adjustment. I can easily get +/- 3-4 fps. I was happy with this, until I saw somone with a Mag with Maxflow. He had it step down pressure alot. It looked like the Maxflo said (I believe) 600 psi outgoing, and used the velocity thumb adjuster on the AIR to fine tune velocity. He first shot hot, but when he brought it down to field limit (285), his velocites were wavering between 283 and 284. OMG!!! +/- 1 fps??? He said the secret to consistency are new and good seals. He was in a rush to play, so I wasnt able to fully "interrogate" him on his setup.

My thoughts were that he had, ofcourse, all new seals, and a stepdown pressure.

This is a question to AGD. Are lower incoming pressures to the AIR easier to regulate? Will a lower pressure produce more consistent post reg pressures? And thus better consistencies over the chrono?

I need to know if it is true ( I know that Palmers use double regulation to step down pressure , then use the other Palmer reg to set the final incoming pressure.

Is a lower slower flowing gas that easier to regulate?

If so, Then I will definitely be be getting a Flatline, and un-gutting my AIR. I want that consistency, especially since I have to deal with alot of "Cockers are way more accurate and consistent than MAgs" Bull sh*t. Recharge isnt too much of a concern for me since when I play, I rarely shoot over 8 bps now a days (gotta save money =) Still gotta pay for college). Let me know AGD, moderators, Flow Dynamics Engineers, etc.

Thx in advance to this wonderful and helpful forum. This is half of what determines the performance of my gun. The other half is my wallet.

-Hyper

n1mr0d
11-10-2001, 05:26 PM
i think you want at least 350psi difference between any two regs for it to be able to regulate properly. on my flatline, i have the output at about 850 psi, and i see +/- 2 at the chrony all the time. when i first got my gun, it was +/- 1! i need to get some new seals....

Dubstar112
11-10-2001, 07:43 PM
i run my flatline just above 700, and i see consecuative shots.. 285, 285, 285, 284, 285.. but im not rapid firing, about 2 seconds in between shots to record them.. 3 year old mag, just rebuilt,

before i rebuilt it i was going only +-2 fps, which was acceptable.. :)