PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a mag

Wavesport001
01-06-2005, 09:11 PM
I'll either buy a tac one or ule with ult trigger. I only have an 850 output 45ci 4500 tank - how many shots can I expect with such a small tank? Also, what kind of consistancy can I expect - How many fps variation is normal shot to shot when using compressed air?

Sk8ermog
01-06-2005, 09:21 PM
How do you have an 85psi output tank? I didn't know you can get a low pressure tank that low. Regardless a mag needs at least 600psi to shoot. Add a ULT and LvL10 and you need more pressure. Also with compressed air on a mag you get great consistancy over the chrono. I only get +/- 5fps on average.

Mags are great guns and have tons of great upgrades. Also with this forum its like having your own techs at your finger tips. If you ever have a problem then just post a question and we'll help you out. Mag owners are some of the nicest paintballers out there so we'd love to have you join us.

_tMAN
01-06-2005, 09:22 PM
15 X 45 = 675. Take into account the poor efficiency, about 600 or so, depending on weather, paint to bore match, and about 10 billion other factors.

also, do you have a Low Pressure tank? You stated "I only have an 85 output 45ci 4500 tank"

Is that 85psi or just a type?

SCpoloRicker
01-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Welcome to AO!

Mags are very dependable, easy to fix, well engineered markers. I'm sure you'll be happy with either choice.

The Tac1 and the RT-ULE are essentially the same marker with different main bodies. The Tac1 is aimed somewhat towards scenario/rec/woods ball, and accepts many accessories both on the sight rail as well as the foregrip rail. The ULE is plainer, lighter, and a little less expensive. Purely personal preference.

Both markers will accept the ULT trigger, which I would try first. Also, both will accpet LVL X, which is a mechanical anti-chop system that TK makes out with :p

Mags are somewhat not the most efficient markers out there, and you have to maintain at least ~800-850 psi in the tank to cycle the valve. Others are using similar setups and have a better number for you.

Tac 1: www.airgun.com (http://www.airgun.com) Nice hero shot, shows some of the mounting potential.

ULE: http://www.rossgunniv.com/PaintballCollection/ulertmag1.jpg

Enjoy the Boards

SCpoloRicker

saml604
01-06-2005, 09:48 PM
ill take a guess he meant 850, then you'll be good to go

phelix
01-06-2005, 10:06 PM
yeah, 500-600 shots is what you'll be able to get off.