PDA

View Full Version : I ordered a PROTO!!!!!

andreb
01-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Yes... I'm excited! I'll still have to wait 20 days to get my hands on it since someone is bringing it from the US to Brazil but still...

My Bushy is gone and will be missed! I just wanted to have some experience with the spool valve design.

As soon as I get it I'll take some pics and make some vids (with paint hehehe)

André

SpecialBlend2786
01-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Sweetness! :clap:

what color?

andreb
01-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Black.... I only use black guns :ninja:

Ken
01-06-2005, 11:09 PM
How hard is it to get paint down there? Is there a huge markup in cost because of the labor? Please tell me, I'm interested.

GL w/ your proto,
Ken

andreb
01-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, most paint is imported... the most common ones here are Zap and the RPS family (Evil etc...) Severe is as big as the two I already mentioned and it is manufactured here in Brazil. They also have a plant in Argentina and some grades of paint come from the Argentina factory. That really doesn't make any diference because the price difference is not that big, within each category of paint of course.

Anyway, a case of tournament paint (Chronic, Marbalizer etc...) costs the equivalent of US$75-80 bucks which probably doesn't sound that bad to you however it is important to remember that Brazil is a developing (poor) nation and the minimum wage here is the equivalent to about US$98 a MONTH.

So if you compare it to US standards panit cost here is about average but some families do have to live off that minimum wage.

Pretty sad.

Well, hope I answered all your questions.

Regards,

André

Conversekidz
01-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Its good to know you spend a months worth of wages on a case of paint....

Crazy
01-07-2005, 12:52 AM
that would explain why severe paint is always poor quality...

logamus
01-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Its good to know you spend a months worth of wages on a case of paint....
well its not as if you could afford to play paintball on a minimum wage job here.

Conversekidz
01-08-2005, 07:10 PM
well its not as if you could afford to play paintball on a minimum wage job here.

Easy, live at home and have little bills to pay, you can do it quite easily.