PDA

View Full Version : Combo vertical and warp feed ULE body

hitech
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
How many more people would be interested in a ULE warp body if you could easily convert between vertical and warp feeds? Well, here is my idea for making one. Take a ULE vertical feed body and drill and tap the warp feed hole. Then make a threaded plate that screws into the feed hole. Drill and tap the plate for the detent. Just put the "blocking plate" in the feed you don't want to use and the appropriate feed neck in the one you want to use. Simple. :D

To those of you who thought I was going to make these, sorry. I only have the capacity to make ideas, not products. ;)

:cheers:

personman
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
:)
That's a pretty good idea.
If you had the detent on the right side of the body, wouldn't it not be nessicary to put the detent on the blocking plate?
Of corse then there would be no way to accomidate us leftys. ;)

Creative Mayhem
01-07-2005, 04:41 PM
There was a long discussion in chat about this topic about a year or so ago, complete with some very sloppy diagrams.... :rolleyes: :tard:

IIRC, the problem was the detents, and where they would be placed. Although, I think that too, was figured out.

I know tato was involved in the discussion, maybe he can recall more.

hitech
01-07-2005, 04:42 PM
If you had the detent on the right side of the body, wouldn't it not be nessicary to put the detent on the blocking plate?

As I remember, the vert feeds have two detents, one on each side. The warp feeds have the detent on the top. So the plate(s) would need detents. :D

Of corse then there would be no way to accomidate us leftys. ;)

Actually, that would be easy. Just drill feed holes on both sides and make an extra "blocking plate". :D

Thanks...

hitech
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
There was a long discussion in chat about this topic about a year or so ago, complete with some very sloppy diagrams...

You guys couldn't convince Tom to do it, eh? Maybe one of our resident machinists will run with the idea... ;)

mcdkid
01-07-2005, 05:36 PM
YOU FREAKIN READ MY MIND!!!! i thought of this about 1-2 years ago. i have drawings, 3d models, and...no patent...

anyway, i talked to tunaman last week and this came up. agreeing with him, just useing adapters is an easier/cheaper way. but my design looks pretty cool.

MonsterMag
01-07-2005, 05:45 PM
or how about a vert ule that goes warp.

Screw in feednack and has a warp thingy

l-------------------------
l Warp Adapter
l
l l-------------------
l l
l l
Feedneck Threads

rkjunior303
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
or why not have two sets of mounting holes for the Ule body.. so it can either be mounted on the rail upright or in a warp configuration on it's side

hitech
01-07-2005, 06:04 PM
or why not have two sets of mounting holes for the Ule body.. so it can either be mounted on the rail upright or in a warp configuration on it's side

I believe that the ULE's are made from slugs. Since the slugs are not round that will not work. Otherwise it would work, but not too many people want the extra slots, holes and taps on the side of the marker body.

hitech
01-07-2005, 06:06 PM
YOU FREAKIN READ MY MIND!!!! i thought of this about 1-2 years ago. i have drawings, 3d models, and...no patent...

anyway, i talked to tunaman last week and this came up. agreeing with him, just useing adapters is an easier/cheaper way. but my design looks pretty cool.

Great minds thnk alike. ;)

The adapters work, but not nearly as well. I'd rather have a SS warp body than a vert feed with an adapter. :D

Chronobreak
01-07-2005, 06:10 PM
hmm..yes had the idea too

would this be expesnive...ie cheaper than just buying both bodies seperately?

whynot just use a vert warp adapter un the vert .....

seems like alot of trouble

btw does this eman the warp slugs arent coming out ..ever :( :mad:

sounds interesting and if it worked good/reliable i might purchase one...looks are also a factor(karta doesnt move ot the side for no one ;) )..or i can build another mag :)

hitech
01-07-2005, 06:15 PM
would this be expensive...ie cheaper than just buying both bodies seperately?

btw does this eman the warp slugs arent coming out ..ever :( :mad:

I wouldn't expect this to be expensive at all. But I'm not in a position to make any either. ;)

I have NO inside information on warp slugs. However, I don't ever expect to see any...

moed59
01-07-2005, 07:31 PM
make a feed neck thats looks like the 90 adapter and screw that in when you want to warp and when you want to go back screw back in your vert feed neck. im working on a patent

MonsterMag
01-07-2005, 07:35 PM
make a feed neck thats looks like the 90 adapter and screw that in when you want to warp and when you want to go back screw back in your vert feed neck. im working on a patent

look at my post above ;)

master_alexander
01-07-2005, 08:46 PM

that was my idea, have a ule with 2 holes, one feedneck and a screw in plate with a detent on it, that way it will be on both sides when you have the vert hopper, and when you have a warp it will be on the top. also you woln't have an extra feedneck sticking up/out there, also easier than pins. and it coule have a design or something on the plate or a sticker but it would have to have a way to screw off, like a small hole to put an allen wrench into and then you turn the allen wrench around like on a hand powered eggbeater.

master_alexander
01-07-2005, 08:51 PM
or you could have a body that rotates any way you want it and you can lock it in place, so it is also intigrated into a rail.you can rotate it 180* around the rail, universal for leftys no extra holes 2 detents ya get the picture i hope

hitech
01-07-2005, 08:53 PM
There was a long discussion in chat about this topic...

hmm..yes had the idea too...

YOU FREAKIN READ MY MIND!!!! i thought of this about 1-2 years ago...

So why hasn't someone done this?

mcdkid
01-07-2005, 09:02 PM
I only have the capacity to make ideas, not products.

simple

captian pinky
01-08-2005, 06:48 PM
i know i dont have many posts but what about taping 2 holes one vert the other warp on the side then making a cap with a detent already in it and make the cap to plug the hole like one on the front of an angel so that way you get a flat top for those whoe like the new warps but still the vert and with the body they could include the warp feed nek and the direct
but i think this would work as far as the 2 mounting holes people wont like it because of the holes on the side of there gun here are some pics to help you piece it together the detent would not be stationary but in the plug and rebuildable

it is under angel end plugsX2 silver
http://www.wdp-paintball.co.uk/shop03/gap.php?$f_currency=&$currency=USD

butt wouldt have detent showing on top but still on top only on inside ule warp body
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2219

ule body vert
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1922

hitech
01-10-2005, 10:49 AM
i know i dont have many posts but what about taping 2 holes one vert the other warp on the side then making a cap with a detent already in it and make the cap to plug the hole like one on the front of an angel so that way you get a flat top for those whoe like the new warps but still the vert and with the body they could include the warp feed nek and the direct...

THAT is exactly what I was suggesting... :D

trains are bad
01-10-2005, 11:12 AM
remeber the 'blocking plate' forms part of the breech on the inside, and as such has to have a curve on it. And the curve has to be oriented correctly when it's screwed in fully.

Lohman446
01-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Good idea.. but isn't the detent on the top of the body for warp feed (it is :D ) If you had it on the right side and were using the warp wouldn't the force of the warp push the detent back and let the ball roll forward

N/M - addressed above I'm :tard:

ScatterPlot
01-10-2005, 01:30 PM
remeber the 'blocking plate' forms part of the breech on the inside, and as such has to have a curve on it. And the curve has to be oriented correctly when it's screwed in fully.

That's where you would run into one problem, and then I think there's another. I don't think you are gonna have enough space in between the two holes to make a full "bridge" of metal going between the two halves. I'm not sure cause I don't have one sitting here in front of me, but wouldn't the plug have to integrate some of the threads for the feedneck hole? I.e. wouldn't the plug and feedneck end up touching each other in some way? I'm not sure, someone with a gun handy run check :D. If they do, this means a great amount of difficulty to manufacture, since you must make one hole, then make a plug, then make another hole, then tap the hole and the plug, then make sure the threads still line up a second time when you screw the plug into the second hole. That would be way expensive to get right reliably every time, unless you were CNC'ing it which just adds more to the cost of tools, time, and all that stuff. IMO it would also be pretty ugly. Well OK anything can be made to look good, but thinking costwise it would be hard to make pretty.

I think a far simpler, cheaper, and (probably) less ugly way would be to just mill out a huge hunk around the feedtube and go with xmag-style removeable breeches. With milling that is just like a strait linear tube instead of the xmag curves it would probably be cheaper than existing breeches and would almost definately be cheaper than the plug idea.

I think it would be a cool thing to make, but I think it would be hard if there wasn't enough metal to bridge that gap.

And if there IS enough metal to make the bridge?
My post is moot, somebody make one already :p

SlartyBartFast
01-10-2005, 02:30 PM
The answer is modules. But AGDE, who hold the patent, aren't producing bodies anymore.

So the reason AGD can't produce a pneumatic trigger and the reason they can't produce a single integrated body with interchangeable modules is the same. Another company holds the patent. :rolleyes:

Deltree
01-10-2005, 02:57 PM
i dont know if anyones said it yet but why not rotating breaches? i know theyre out there. it should be simple enough to mill the rail and body to accomodate that.