PDA

View Full Version : Selector Switch on an e-mag

amrani
01-07-2005, 04:55 PM
does any one know how this works? id like to build an y framed emag, but it would be just that much better if i could have the multi modes like on the real deal.

Hexis
01-07-2005, 06:26 PM
It rotates a cam that limits the trigger travel. The forward position, or "M" mode lets the trigger travel the furtheret. The middle position, or "E" mode, limites the travel so (in most setups) the trigger will not touch the trigger rod. This allows the trigger to trigger the HAL sensor, but not have any interferance with the mechinical operation of the sear/trigger rod assembly. The back position is "safe" and limits the travel slightly more than the "E" mode. I find in function this is not really all that safe. But there is a very real safety behind the sear.

The switch itself is just an arm mounted to the cam in the trigger frame.

warbeak2099
01-07-2005, 07:28 PM
But how is the hal sensor shut off for mech mode? It has to be otherwise the gun would fire before you could touch the sear rod. And how does hybrid work?

Gunga
01-07-2005, 08:37 PM
The hall sensor isn't shut off. Hybrid is when the emag is fired via hall sensor, but with the switch the 'M' position. Then you have a longer trigger pull and the trigger rod kicks the trigger back forward.

amrani
01-08-2005, 12:28 AM
does any one know enough about how this works to explain it to me?

amrani
01-08-2005, 12:32 AM
does anyone know how these things work? and if so would you be so kind as to explain it to me?

Gunga
01-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Hey...why don't you look at the two other threads on the same subject that you started?

White_Noise
01-08-2005, 03:26 AM
fairly simple design actually. in E mode, the selector blocks the trigger from going back far, and allows for the trigger to be shortened as well in E mode. when in M mode, the trigger is allowed to swing all the way back, alowing the trigger to push on the trigger rod fring in the marker. if the marker is in hybrid mode, then first you will get a fire from the electronics, and if you pull further, you will fire it mechanically.

also, when its in E mode, it basically acts like a safety would, preventing the marker from firing in M mode. however since the sensor for E mode is more forward than the fire point for mech, then the E mode is still able to fire the marker.

buttrunks101
01-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Is there a way for me to block getting to mech and hybrid (mainly hybrid) because otherwise my emag will not be legal for the cross roads toruny series. Any help is nice my AIM is my s/n here thx

White_Noise
01-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Is there a way for me to block getting to mech and hybrid (mainly hybrid) because otherwise my emag will not be legal for the cross roads toruny series. Any help is nice my AIM is my s/n here thx

some tournaments will allow you to just remove the plastice portion of the switch. others you will have to remove the trigger rod from the sear which will disengage both mech and hybrid. i did this to my sfl so that its legal in all tourneys. its fairly simple to do, you have to take the frame off of the marker, pull the sear/ solenoid plunger out of the body. making sure not to bend the sear or the plunger in any way. then spread the connector of the trigger rod apart, and you will be able to remove it from the sear. then just reinstal the sear/plunger and you will be able to only fire in E mode. if you turn it to hybrid, it will only fire like in E, but will have a really long pull after it fires.

buttrunks101
01-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Thx White noise i will be tryin that later today :headbang:

TMAXXKING1
01-09-2005, 07:37 AM
go to pb talk there is an emag vid you can dl for free ... there is a plug on the emag when you take the grip off aka a jumper when you remove the plug it wont go into hybrid mode ...

i wouldnt take off that switch for anyone...... or any reason ... the vid has some good info in it ... that vid is the only reason i know how to bypass the hybrid mode ....

athomas
01-09-2005, 10:34 AM
The easiest to do would be to put it in e-mode and remove the selector witch knob. You can put a washer and screw on it to totally cover it. That way it can be demonstrated that you can't change it midgame. That should make it legal at any tournament.

buttrunks101
01-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Tmaxxking i am lookin at pbtalk.com and cant find a vid. where is it? or could u just show a pic of the jumper u took off so i would know.

TMAXXKING1
01-10-2005, 12:17 AM
here is the link for the vid

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163594

athomas
01-10-2005, 07:20 AM
The jumper remove special modes like burst mode. It does not prevent hybrid operation. As long as you can put the gun in manual mode and turn on the power, you will have hybrid mode. So, to remove hybrid operation but still have electronic mode, you have to disable the ability to put the gun into manual mode.

Gunga
01-11-2005, 03:11 AM
does any one know how this works? id like to build an y framed emag, but it would be just that much better if i could have the multi modes like on the real deal.

Do not post three threads on the same subject across two forums again. I've merged all 3 threads into 1.

Enemy
01-11-2005, 06:28 PM
you can try adding an on/off switch that can be set off bye the movement of the lever effectively turning off the electronics when you go into mech mode!! i would do this if my hopper didnt depend on power from the battery!!