PDA

View Full Version : RT Question

FLAX
11-10-2001, 06:46 PM
I just bought a used RT (FINALLY upgraded from a pirahna)and had a question regarding operating pressures. The gun came with a Pure Energy 68/3000 thats regulated to 850 psi. What I'm finding is that the first shot in any given string is pretty.......well,......limp. after the first shot, I'm up to full velocity. I read the article at airgun.com regarding Minimum and maximum pressures (Between 650 and 750 Psi) and how they will affect strings of shots, but I got a little lost in the explanations. Must I now invest in an external reg? Any info would be appreciated.

BlackVCG
11-10-2001, 08:44 PM
No need for an external reg. Make sure the valve is well oiled by putting a few drops of air in the banjo bolt and screwing it back in. Make sure you fully tighten the banjo bolt with an allen wrench. (It's the stainless bolt in the back of the gun with three o-rings on it) Just try giving the gun some oil and then cycle it a bunch of times to disperse the oil and see if that helps. It sounds like it might just be a bit sticky.

~WarpedRT~
11-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Well, you see, RT's have this thing about the first shots out of strings, or just single firing slowly. The valve shoots faster, the quicker you shoot. That is why you have to set the velocity low, so when the valve "heats up" in a rapid fire string, your not shooting hot.

Basically, the first shot out of your gun will be slower, and then the fps will increase the quicker you pull the trigger. An example woule be if the speed limit at your field is 280, you might want to actually chrono in at about 265, and see how the gun will react to PROPERELY chronographing the RT. You can properly chrono it by pulling the trigger, and holding it, then releasing it and pulling it again as quickly as you can. You will see a differece in speed.

FLAX
11-10-2001, 11:41 PM
Cool.....I kinda figured that was the case. Thanks for the info guys. Rock on. :cool: