PDA

View Full Version : So I'm getting an E-Mag - here's a few questions....

raehl
11-10-2001, 06:48 PM
Ok, so after watching the Emag/Halo/Warp Feed video, it's safe to say that I'm sold on how to replace all my markers that have apparently been commandeered by the UofI club and get back to my roots (I started with a 68 classic). Couple questions:

Is the only difference between the PTP Warp Feed and the every day variety than that the PTP lets you hook it up with markers other than the emag, or are there other advantages with the PTP model?

Is there anyplace to get the Halo OTHER than NPS South? Nice hopper, but $135... yeesh!

And lastly, air system. Would a preset 68 4500 Crossfire tank with 450 output PSI meet my flow needs, or do I need to up the ante to a Centerflag or some such to avoid shootdown?

Oh, right, and anyone with a WF Left E-Mag they'd like me to take off their hands? ;)

Thanks,
Chris
National Collegiate Paintball Association, Inc., President
www.college-paintball.com
www.high-school-paintball.com
College and High School National Championships - April 27 at CPX

DYE-BaLLeR
11-10-2001, 07:16 PM
1)the ptp warp feed is adjustable so you can move the warp feed around and not just in one postition, you can adjust it to your style.

2)halo's are always going to be around 130 dollars.

3)i wouldnt get a preset 450psi tank. i suggest an adjustable tank such as flatline or max flo. if not that then definetly get an 800-850 psi.

raehl
11-10-2001, 07:18 PM
So 850 PSI output? It's the flow, not really the output pressure, that I'm worried about...

Thanks.

- Chris

BlackVCG
11-10-2001, 08:26 PM
The AGD Flatline will work best with the E-Mag. You want your output to be no less than 600psi. The Flatline is tuned to run about 600-1000psi. The E-Mag operates at about 375psi. 450psi output to the valve will cause drastic shootdown in rapid fire.

Get the AGD Warp for the E-Mag, PTP comes with a bunch of things you won't need and the AGD has the internal sensor. Call AGD and give them the serial number to your E-Mag when you get it for the Warp-E-Mag interlink cable.

There's a lot of places with pre-order on the HALO. www.paintball-online.com has it for $129.99

ah137
11-11-2001, 02:03 AM
cuz, what are you thinkin, you only need a marker that projects paintball out your barrel...ha ha ha I just got an emag about a week ago and it is sweet. The RT valves needs around 700 and up to operate. Wait till Christmas before you buy and emag because I will show you mine. See you then.

Cliffio
11-11-2001, 02:10 AM
if u were watching the same HALO videos as i did, it wasnt an emag, it was a '93 Automag with a Hyperframe on full auto set to 16 BPS
anyways, the HALO's dont come out until end of this month, they were at cup but only to show off,
you best bet would be a turboRev, and the PTP warp feed includes a bunch of adapters to use on other guns such as an Angel, Cocker, Timmy, Bushy
I believe the AGD warp is cheaper, and its the same thing your just paying more for the adapters on the PTP warp

as for the air system, ive had exp. with armageddons and nitro duck MEga Reg

both are VERY nice
and work well on my angel

later
Cliff

raehl
11-11-2001, 01:37 PM
This is supposed to be the marker to end all markers - i.e., I buy this setup, and never buy another marker again. (Yeah, bloody likely, I know, but....)

Anyway, not worried about the halo, I have a rev that'll do me until then, and given that it's winter in Wisconsin, and the lack of indoor places around here, I'm not exactly in a HURRY to get one. Just need something to start practicing for Skyball with.

I saw the '93 mag video, but I also saw the E-Mag video - maybe that one was only 15bps. I think I'm good either way, as I've never been one for trigger hammering.

Now, if I pick up the flatline, there any particular drop-dorward I should get as well, or does it come already set up to hook onto an E-Mag pretty well?

Thanks again,
Chris

BlackVCG
11-11-2001, 01:57 PM
The Flatline comes with a dropforward and screws, so it's all ready to bolt on.