PDA

View Full Version : V-balls, have you tried them?

ProX9
01-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone has ever used them besides me, anyhow enjoy the video that will soon be hosted pending jayloo approval. Also, I will continue to make videos to make up for the lack of videos on AO these days.

Low quality video *click here* (http://www.pbvids.com/upload/v%20ballsss%20small.wmv)

For those that don't know what v-balls are: v balls are basically a small solid ball covered in the soft loop material of velcro, they are slightly smaller and lighter than the normal paintball. They also dont travel as fast, but hey, who needs 300 fps down your hallway?

However, I did notice that with some halos they jam the loader by having loops wrap around the open end of the spring on the halo detent; only on my friends halo though, not mine. To avoid this just make it so a loop cant get onto the spring's end by making the wire face forward down the race or by bending it further into the ceter on the spring, still facing down the race to minimize the possibility of a hook. I also found that sometimes a ball can get caught between the protruding ridge of the race and the feed cone paddle. This didnt happen on the videos shown and apparently isnt a problem with my halo, but has happened with the other one. Finally, the eblade eye doesn't like the v-balls and wont read them, not a problem, other than the first string with actual paint the others were done with eyes off and thus far shown no adverse effects.

The final word on v-balls: get them, you can shoot endlessly in your house and tune your gun with paint forever. You might want to buy a scuba also because you might notice that you shoot a lot when paint is no issue.

Joni
01-08-2005, 07:01 AM
I can only tell you to wait for reball to appear in USA. I have played with them, and they are essentially almost just as good as high quality paint. No problems with jamming in the hopper either. Only problem with using them indoors is that they bounce. Rubberballs shot at 230 fps, do the math =)

maglover728
01-08-2005, 09:17 AM
I used V-balls for a while then I noticed that they were denting the drywall in my home. So, I put up cardboard, and shot through it. I have come to the conclusion that if you don't have a chrony in the hallway, than V-balls are good only for home defense. :ninja:
The rubber ball idea, yeah, that’s here also. They come in a larger plastic square container with a little container of oil you are supposed to let them soak in before use. I have seen these take out windows. Very hardcore stuff. :headbang:

Weltman
01-08-2005, 09:26 AM
The word on the street is that the V-balls work well in SMG 60's. If you have one, now you finally have something to shoot out of it.

xXHavokXx
01-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Eh my store got quite a few of them as a sample a while back. kinda pointless as they dont fly like paintballs, jam halos, dont feed right in evos and dont stick to the target well.

Caffiend
01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
I used them until we got a dog, I didn't want to spook the guy. I never put them any hoppers, just a ten round tube shoved into my feedneck so I could practice shooting.

Koosh
01-08-2005, 12:24 PM
yep, I bought them when I was trying to fix my old shocker without having to go 10 miles out of town to test fire it every 20 minutes...

They work great for things like that... The constant tinker'er'er'er'er's who need to know if a gun is working NOW!

Blazestorm
01-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Get Reballs, I know the US distributer, lives about 60 miles from me.

Needs an minimum order of 200 cases.

jamescell
01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Don't reballs cost <$100 for 500?

CrimsonTurkey
01-08-2005, 07:00 PM
The word on the street is that the V-balls work well in SMG 60's. If you have one, now you finally have something to shoot out of it.

I LOVE YOU! The paint manufacturer I was using went out of buisness and I have been stuck ever since.

xballfan780
01-08-2005, 07:01 PM
My ailais doesnt shoot them well. Not sure if its the halo or the marker

Caffiend
01-08-2005, 07:15 PM
My ailais doesnt shoot them well. Not sure if its the halo or the marker

Take the halo off and see if the marker shoots them then :)

OmniM
01-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Don't reballs cost <$100 for 500?

YES! But trust me, the are well spent!

We use 4000 of em, and we rock 8 hours without any grease or sth like that. Of course you have to pick em up when you run out, but that takes like 5 minutes. Wash em and load em in the hopper and off you go again :D

Athius
01-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Man v-balls hurt like a ***** but it is fun to shoot it to friends that want to fill a paintball shot. lol :rofl:

cledford
01-09-2005, 05:26 AM

FUNNY!!!! I'll have to try this. Otherwise my experience with Vballs (the velco) has sucked. The aren't worth the time in my book...

-Calvin

-Tab
01-09-2005, 06:46 PM
i'll be picking some of these up soon(or something like it)

i want to use them to practice snapshooting in my house.

i have a scuba and a chrono - i'm good to go

ProX9
01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
you dont need a chrono to shoot them but i guess it would be nice to know how fast youre shooting. also, you are obligated to make vidoes

OmniM
01-09-2005, 09:38 PM
are you using the Vball against other teams as indoor practice on a Sup'Air?