PDA

View Full Version : Do profilers fog?

alooney11
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Interested in buying a new mask, i currently use a thermal jt spectra, i am torn between the jt pro flex and v-force profiler. But the profiler doesnt have thermal lenses like the pro flex, any advice would be appreciated.

Glickman
01-08-2005, 04:05 PM
i found that after playing for a year or so, no mask i use fogs up (even rentals or whatever)

My crackpot theory:

your body trains itself to not breath as hard during a game, when you have alot of adrenalin, thats why sometimes my mask fogs *after* a long game

Gunther_mag_user
01-08-2005, 04:12 PM
my profiler fogged up once but It was really cold and it was raining and snowing

Gunther

Mr. Mouse
01-08-2005, 04:13 PM
mine hasnt fogged up

Eric Cartman
01-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Mine fogs in humid weather. Vforce sent me a replacement lens free of charge (which was mighty decent of them), but that didn't solve the problem. I emailed them about two days ago asking of they had any plans for making a fan for the profiler. They told me that they were in the very early stages of developing one, which is certainly promising news for me. I love the mask, but if I'm playing in the forest in really humid weather, I just have to have a fan.

ProX9
01-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I had fogging problems at a scenario with mine, but this is an isolated incident and it was cold pretty cold out and I guess the lense got too cold and water condensed on it.

GA Devil
01-08-2005, 04:53 PM
mine here in georgia has not fogged yet on me (knock on wood). ANd ive always had problems with fogging in any othe rmask ive had.

Lohman446
01-08-2005, 04:59 PM
My profilers have never fogged, but if I dont use anti-fog on my glasses they fog inside them... a fan would be appreciated

Eric Cartman
01-08-2005, 05:06 PM
My profilers have never fogged, but if I dont use anti-fog on my glasses they fog inside them... a fan would be appreciated

That's the whole reason I bought contacts. I found that even with a fan, my glasses would get sweat running down the lenses. For several years of playing with a JT Spectra 260 I didn't have to use the fan often, but for those times when I did, it was priceless. Nothing like being out on the field with lots of paint, a full air tank and a gun that's functioning great, but not being able to see squat :mad:

fan > no fan

atm743
01-08-2005, 05:13 PM

same here my glasses fog

ok I jest got down playing a tournament today and it was my first time using my profiler and I love it. not only it doesn’t fog but you can see things in the corners of your eyes. I used some jt mask and I think it was like yours that you are using now and im telling you v-force all the way

when you breath you don’t fell it coming up into the lens. plus its easier to change the lens to clean!!!

I say profiler

did I saw that I played in 34 degree weather

Lohman446
01-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I'd wear contacts but I need to look into Lasik - my vision is somewhat worse than 20/400 and because of whatever reason (the doctors tell me I don't care stigatism maybe) I can only wear a special contact Boston makes, Toric? maybe. Anyways its a hard contact and bugs me... I'll stick with glasses :D

thump
01-08-2005, 06:22 PM
ive hade mine for over a year and have used it in all kinds of conditions and it has never once foged up on me.

desslock
01-08-2005, 06:50 PM
my profiler fogs up while playing indoors, I have never used any chemicals on the lens... only water. Outside it will fog but only in the corners and only on very hot humid days. I think that I get more fog indoors cause the air is stale and doesnt circulate as well... just a guess.

chaos lichen
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Mine has never fogged :D

xballfan780
01-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I have a blue one I bought about 5 months ago. Its never fogged.

CrimsonTurkey
01-08-2005, 07:03 PM
They are treated not to fog, since the lenses are made by a company that makes goalie masks for hockey, the things work pretty well in cold tempuratues.

phantomhitman
01-08-2005, 07:42 PM
mine and teamamtes fog up a little. we are in the humid south though. as long as the game is going on and we move around its ok, but if we have to wait more than a few minutes with our masks down on teh game to start they will start to fog. they are great mask by the way

mag88888
01-08-2005, 07:49 PM
do the pro flex and morph fog? and the person at the top: profiler isn thermal? how come its supposed to be the best mask then? why doesnt it fog, like most people say? and how is the pro flex? better than profiler?

phantomhitman
01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
do the pro flex and morph fog? and the person at the top: profiler isn thermal? how come its supposed to be the best mask then? why doesnt it fog, like most people say? and how is the pro flex? better than profiler?

i know for a fact the pro flex fog, and i have no clue about the morph. it is not the best mask on the market either, that is personal preference. thanks and have a nice day

LudavicoSoldier
01-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Neither the Morph nor the Profiler fog under normal playing conditions, in my experience. I use the Morph, cause I have a big head. :tard:

rkjunior303
01-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd wear contacts but I need to look into Lasik - my vision is somewhat worse than 20/400 and because of whatever reason (the doctors tell me I don't care stigatism maybe) I can only wear a special contact Boston makes, Toric? maybe. Anyways its a hard contact and bugs me... I'll stick with glasses :D

Lohman, they now make a soft toric lens for astigmatism... I have one in my left eye and currently wear contacts.. Sometimes, you don't even need to wear contacts that correct the astigmatism -- it's not needed. the Toric lenses are about twice as much as normal lenses.....

I tried both normal lenses and toric lenses and I didn't notice a difference, so I didn't bother with them... Try em out -- any reputable eye doctor won't charge you for revisits to get comfortable with the correct lens.

I'm currently wearing O2 Optix lenses.. They are a relatively new type of 2 week lens that allows your eye to breathe a little better. I don't know what I did without them.

AGDlover
01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
just when indoors and breathing heavy

alooney11
01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks, my jts have never ever fogged up i think i will get with the pro flex thermals.

mag88888
01-08-2005, 10:10 PM
how does the pro flex protect your head? and is the morph really big? and how do the pro flex and morph's profiles compare, along with the lens too? thanks guys.

Lohman446
01-09-2005, 12:55 AM

I think the reason they don't fog has to do with the lens shape. The Morph and Profilers (and I think even the Shield) use the same lens. Supposedly the curve to these lenses does not distort what your looking at, I know it gives you a great field of vision. I do not know of any mask that I have tried that I could see more in or was more comfortable - however, thats subjective of course I'm comfortable with what I'm used to. The Profiler sits closer to the face than the Morph and is made out of a flexible material for bounces - the Morph actually protects better - I have worn both and on a few shots the Profiler will flex in and the ball will contact my lower face (no eye danger, just a suprise when it happens).

trains are bad
01-09-2005, 01:28 AM
They fog. Mine fogs anyway. Every mask I've ever had has fogged, so that might not mean much. I put fans in mine.

judster
01-09-2005, 02:46 AM
do they fog? depends on what kind of game you play...ive fogged mine playing scenarios. so yea they do fog. the lense is the same distence from your eye from all angles so it gives you a better view. and take it from me, the JT vortex fan fits a morph. always use it when i am out playing 24hrs in a scenario. personaly i use both a morph and a flex7, just find a mask that works for you