PDA

View Full Version : Anyone modify a PS2 or XBox?

Eagle
01-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Just wondering who else has modded a ps2 or Xbox. I am looking at doing this to play some backup disks I made 'cause my originals always get scratched. So I'm just curious what experiences you had and what you did.

And before some Mod, who isn't even on the list gets a bug up his butt about closing this down, may I remind you these practices aren't illegal in the US, whereby other topics that this off-topic forum has hosted, such as smoking dope and running from the cops is.

pputkowski
01-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Yea man, I backup my games because they always get scratched, but I never distribute them, that would be illegal...which is bad mmkay.

thecavemankevin
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
i have actually been wondering the same in terms of a ps2, but when i have tried to ask my fellow AO'ers about this very topic Gunga, who is NOT even on the list of mods for this forum throughs his personal feelings in and closes it.

there is nothing in the rules saying you aren't allowed to post topics of this nature GUNGA

http://www.neonspeed.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/rantswitch.gif

this too
http://www.neonspeed.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/lockd.gif

thecavemankevin
01-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Yea man, I backup my games because they always get scratched, but I never distribute them, that would be illegal...which is bad mmkay.

what software do you use to back them up? I have heard you need alcohol 120. I have a couple games that have gotten scratched to the point they don't load right. so i want to see about makeing a back up of it and see if that will work. I know i have had CD's get scratched before so i made a backup of it on my computer and the back up is unaffected by the orignials scratches

so i am hopeing this will stay true for my ps2

Potatoboy
01-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Making a backup of a video cassette is legal.

Making a backup of a DVD/PS2/Xbox game is illegal because in order to do so you *MUST* break the encryption on the disk.

Because of this all companies will send you a new copy of that disk if you contact them and make arrangements to send them your damaged copy.

Thread Locked

Added- Before anyone starts talking about backup MP3s as well, keep in mind that a backup must be in the same form as the original persuant to US copywrite laws.