PDA

View Full Version : X-valve problems

atomg18
01-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I put my mag down for a while(close to a year) and now i'm trying to get it back to a somewhat reliable condition. I put a ULE trigger pull kit in it, and as soon as i screw the nitrogen in, it just starts leaking(air coming from crack between valve and body) However, if i hold the trigger down, it doesn't leak(it doesn't shoot either). So i put the x-vlave on-off valve back in, and it seems like it fires three or more times every time i pull the trigger. Is that the "RT" affect? And if i turn the velocity down, it will shoot once and start leaking down the barrel. What is going on, is this normal? There could be a chance i'm missing an o right from the on-off valves. Please help

Rift
01-08-2005, 05:48 PM
What input pressure are you running at? Its possible you have it high and its bouncing. Start off by using the stock on/off and re tune the lvl 10, put in the biggest carrier that dosent leak and use the shortest spring or the middle one, whichever you find best. Once you have the lvl 10 tuned try out the gun and see how it is if everything seems fine tune up the ULE trigger. Ya want to start with 1-2 shimms and then work your way up depending on how you like the trigger. But remember to little shimms will cause alot of short stroking and to many will give you crazy bounce.

atomg18
01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure what the input pressure is, but what should it be?

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I put my mag down for a while(close to a year) and now i'm trying to get it back to a somewhat reliable condition. I put a ULE trigger pull kit in it, and as soon as i screw the nitrogen in, it just starts leaking(air coming from crack between valve and body) However, if i hold the trigger down, it doesn't leak(it doesn't shoot either). So i put the x-vlave on-off valve back in, and it seems like it fires three or more times every time i pull the trigger. Is that the "RT" affect? And if i turn the velocity down, it will shoot once and start leaking down the barrel. What is going on, is this normal? There could be a chance i'm missing an o right from the on-off valves. Please help

Ok.. i can help you with your Leaking out of the barrel problem. What you will need to do is look at this picture and the part names as i tell you what you need to do.
http://www.automags.org/pic/img/lvl10/lvl10_5.jpg
1. Backing washer
2. Power tube o-ring
3. Carrier O-ring
4. Carrier
5. Shims
6. Power tube O-ring
7. Power tube tip
8. Superbolt
9. Main spring

I recently had BOTH of your problems. First, take your xvalve off your mag. What you will need to do is see if the bolt slides nicely into the xvalve. The reason it leaks air out of the side is because you have to many carriers. The reason it leaks out of the barrel is because you have to fiew carriers. With your level 10 kit you should of recieved many types of carriers. You will need to try out(Reasemble and unasemble your xvalve only) each carrier to see what carrier doesnt make the superbolt (#8) wable around on the xvalve, or so that it doesnt stick when you push it down all the way.

Air out of the barrel- To many carriers.
Air out of the side of the xvalve- To few carriers.

You can tell the thickness of the carrier by looking at the lines on the side (and i think the hole is 1/2, not sure).

You will also need to try use different springs. Some wont allow the the bolt to go forward because of to much tension, some will make it so its wayyy to loose.

I gave it my best shot to help you out... see if that works.

Reference- http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

SpitFire1299
01-10-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure what the input pressure is, but what should it be?

600-800 PSI, Nitrogen or Compressed air ONLY..

DO NOT USE CO2!!!

atomg18
01-12-2005, 12:38 AM
My adjustable tank is set to 800psi, I was told thats fine, but possibly too high? THanks for the write up Nee4Speed

atomg18
02-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I tried EVERY carrier with the gold spring, and it would shoot once and then continue to leak out of the barrel. I put the red spring in, and it wont even fire. I'm at a loss of ideas, words, and thoughts. can someone PLEASE HLEP ME!!!!!

VFX_Fenix
02-01-2005, 04:16 PM
1) Put the spring/carrier/shim combo you were using before you put your mag away back in.
2) Install the ULT with 2 shims
3) Run some oil through the thing, you're o-rings will thank you for it
4) Gas Up your Mag, if you are leaking down the barrel turn up the velocity nut until it stops
5) Test fire the marker, if you go FA, de-gas, turn up the velocity nut and gas up again
6) Continue to turn up the velocity of your mag until your mag no longer runs away

800psi is sufficient input, don't worry about your tank.

After you get your marker shooting propperly again, you can tune the LX and ULT further, the real trick right now is getting you to opperating pressure so your mag starts to behave again.

Rift
02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
1) Put the spring/carrier/shim combo you were using before you put your mag away back in.
2) Install the ULT with 2 shims
3) Run some oil through the thing, you're o-rings will thank you for it
4) Gas Up your Mag, if you are leaking down the barrel turn up the velocity nut until it stops
5) Test fire the marker, if you go FA, de-gas, turn up the velocity nut and gas up again
6) Continue to turn up the velocity of your mag until your mag no longer runs away

800psi is sufficient input, don't worry about your tank.

After you get your marker shooting propperly again, you can tune the LX and ULT further, the real trick right now is getting you to opperating pressure so your mag starts to behave again.

If none of that works try replacing the reg seat.

player4
02-01-2005, 09:42 PM
If you follow this closely it will make it work (it did for me in about 15 mins, and it was my first time setting up lv 10): http://www.airgun.com/xmag/html/lvl10.html

atomg18
02-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Haven't tried you guy's suggestions yet, but my gun is leaking down the barrel with the smallest and largest carriers. However, once i gas it up, its not leaking, its only leaking after i pull the trigger once, could this have to do with my on off valve maybe? here i go with your suggestions though