PDA

View Full Version : To all guitar players

AGDlover
01-08-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm just seeing what members play, What kind of guitars you use, acomplishments and future goals are.

Me I rock out on an 1980's somethan Ibanez Axstar So far I've learned most metallica songs and pumped out the walk solo from pantera somehow and now i cant do it but for future i plan on learning all pantera and damage plan songs and most def ozzy

BobTheCow
01-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Here's a picture of my guitar:

(WHOOOOOOOOOOOA CLEVER!!!!!!)

personman
01-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I play, I've played for a little under a year and a half now..
I'm not bad at all, but I'm not all that great either.
I'd really like to learn some solos, playing chords is just boring. My ultimate goal is to be able to memorize and play the solos from 'Geek USA' by the Smashing Pumpkins.. man, that's like my favorate song :)

My accoustic is an Ibanez Artwood 100, and it kicks butt.
I have a pretty crappy Yamaha EG112C strat style guitar that came as like a beginner package that I got for christmas.. I screwed up the frets because the guitar fell and the strings cut into them, so me being a genius sanded a few frets down so the strings wouldnt buzz and I could bend, but now I have to set the action really high. :(

Oh well, I'm planning on buying a much nicer electric guitar to play on and a nicer amp too. Right now I have my sights on an Epiphone Black Beauty 3 and a ~$200 amp, but I can't afford it until I sell a few paintball guns :p

But yeah, I love my music. I play bass clarinet, clarinet, trumpet, and guitar. I get really uncomfortable when I'm sitting at the computer and there is no music playing. I'm addicted to music :tard:

Stupid dad making me take clarinet lessons in 1st grade :cuss:

purple
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey, I play a couple acoustics: a takamine jasime and a seagull 12 string cedar top
i also play a metallic red jackson dinky, a black ibanez RG 7 string and my baby, a metallic purple american standard stratocaster :headbang:

that's where my name comes from

Purple

RRfireblade
01-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Been playing for 25+ years.

Have played live with a handfull of 'bigs' as well as the obligitory endless stream of garage bands at local clubs and such. Most of which was when I lived in NY prior to moving to FL.

Play PRSi pretty regularly,have 4 total. But I do have a the full gammet of 'axes' from vintage Strats and Gibsons,accoustics and Classicals...to custom boutique style guitars.My favorite of which would have to be a sweet David Thomas McNaught recently delivered.

There have been threads on the subject here that have some of mine posted in. Any pics in particular any one wants to see,I'll post up when I get back to the house sunday night.

I also made a few batches of these for AO:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70036&stc=1

Which turned out pretty good I think.

Anyway, glad to have some more pickers in the board. Feel free to post up a jamm tune or something. We tryed that a while ago and it never got going, maybe some new blood will help, ;)

Jay.

-=Squid=-
01-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I play bass... Close enough.

I play an Ibanez BTB 5 string with DR strings, through a hartke 500 watt head and bassman stack.

Play for Argentine, Cry (formerly Hopewell, www.hopewell-online.com) a metal/screamo band... have high hopes. Our original material is coming along just perfectly, so we're pretty stoked to see what will come of this.

zen_dawg
01-08-2005, 11:52 PM
i play, but mostly scales up and down the neck.

Automaggot68
01-09-2005, 12:32 AM
I've got a gloss black Jackson DKMG, with Ernie ball Skinny Top heavy bottom strings.
I've tuned my Floyd Rose down to accept and stabilize my favorite tuning, CGCFAD.
For a Talent Show I played Van Halen's Eruption Damn near perfectly, but lost to a guy playing Midnight Sonata on Flute.
Damn.
I've been playing for around 5-6 years now, and I can play quite a few songs, around 20 from Pantera, most Damagplan, Every Killswitch Engage song (save for the second album) Most Slayer, Mastodon, Damn near Every Opeth Song, and The list goes on and on.

-=Squid=-
01-09-2005, 12:36 AM
I've got a gloss black Jackson DKMG, with Ernie ball Skinny Top heavy bottom strings.
I've tuned my Floyd Rose down to accept and stabilize my favorite tuning, CGCFAD.
For a Talent Show I played Van Halen's Eruption Damn near perfectly, but lost to a guy playing Midnight Sonata on Flute.
Damn.
I've been playing for around 5-6 years now, and I can play quite a few songs, around 20 from Pantera, most Damagplan, Every Killswitch Engage song (save for the second album) Most Slayer, Mastodon, Damn near Every Opeth Song, and The list goes on and on.
get on aim derrek

who_311
01-09-2005, 05:10 AM
I play Gibson les pauls mainly. I have a 1982 Les Paul XR-III which is tuned down to A right now, and a 1998 Les Paul Special that is tuned down to C. I also have a G&L Legacy (standard tuning) and a 1963 Ovation Tornado (hollowbody 335style)

Uh, ive been in a few various bands, in two right now. Played a number house parties and garage shows, nothing to fancy or big, just livin room mosh pit style. I dont really know what i would like to do in the future, i guess we'll see what happens.

Gtask8
01-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I rock out on a 90's version Ibanez RG270. I've been playing for about 8yrs now.

gimp
01-09-2005, 01:49 PM
I play an Ibanez RG570, occasionally I fart around on a lesser RG I've got. My future goal is to not suck like I do now. I've been playing for about 4-5 years. Right now, my focus is on building my own guitar and designing my own amplifier. Someday I'd like to own a nice PRS.

Deltree
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I have a couple of cheap ibanez and fenders. but my pride and joy, a samick yauri limited run the tuning pegs are no longer that ghetto
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/iamphil/5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/iamphil/3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/iamphil/4.jpg

BeaverEater
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Ive been playing for about 4 years now. I have a Fender fat strat, and Gibson standard les paul, and a ibanez acoustic that is just to play around on.

B.A.M.
01-09-2005, 05:32 PM
i want to play guitar. Is it hard to learn and what is a good elector guitar to start with.

Automaggot68
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
i want to play guitar. Is it hard to learn and what is a good elector guitar to start with.

In my Honest opinion, the best guitar's to start out with, would be a mid priced acoustic. Maybe a lower end Ibanez, or Samick. Anything you can play on an acoustic, you can play on an electric. Also, you dont need an amp, even though playing while not plugged in isn't very quiet either, it'd save money.

As long as you dedicated yourself to playing at least three to four ours a day for at least a month, you'll have no trouble learning. Two weeks to learn the basics, a lifetime to master.

personman
01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
In my Honest opinion, the best guitar's to start out with, would be a mid priced acoustic. Maybe a lower end Ibanez, or Samick. Anything you can play on an acoustic, you can play on an electric. Also, you dont need an amp, even though playing while not plugged in isn't very quiet either, it'd save money.

As long as you dedicated yourself to playing at least three to four ours a day for at least a month, you'll have no trouble learning. Two weeks to learn the basics, a lifetime to master.
What he said.
Learn on an accoustic. Once you can play good and you've developed muscle and callouses, go ahead and break out the electric. :)